Should we worry about sharing seed bank info?

So i understand that people need to share info on reputable breeders. How ever I have concerns with people openly sharing the names of seed banks who successfully send seeds of many diff breeders all over the world. It just seems like were making it easy for them to be put in the spot light when they prob don’t need or want to be, let people discuss people and genetics but maybe not how they get them in there hands

2 Likes

I do not agree, i believe in the second amendment, and if i dont like something i see then i dont read it. No one can force someone to stop doing something, just like you can´t force someone to do something they don`t want to.

We are happy with these thread, and we will aim to keep it the way it has been going for quite a while now. Thanks for your input tho!

HppHrvst

PS.: If the owner of a specific seed bank reaches out and tell us to stop mentioning their name, then we will. Highly unlikely tho. They advertise themselves, here or else where.

1 Like

Usually businesses get mad when you offer them free advertising directly to their target demographic.

7 Likes

We use italic font for sarcasm bro… Just in case. :joy:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

2 Likes

Fixed. I apologize. Plus letters

2 Likes

NO need for apologies brother, we all forget and then edit the post and such, just like you did… LOL

1 Like

Well sorry for taking international laws into consideration I just dont want to see my source for seeds shut down, they have not from what i have seen done any major advertising it’s always been word of mouth, and I understand your freedom of speech theory how ever in this industry it is just disrepctfull to say what ever you want about who ever you want. I’M sure people diden t appreciate mr emery using his freedom of speech to put RC full name in print along with nirvanas real name back when all the problems where starting, at least you say you will hide there name if they contact with a request to do so but hopefully they have time to check every forum for somebody putting them on blast, I have never seen mention of this company anywhere and when at the emerald cup it was still barely mutterd between breeders under there breath

I never said anybody should be forced to do or not do anything I just voiced concerns over some of the info in this thread. IT has nothing to with not reading something you dont like, I’m talking about people we don’t like (people who are out to prevent the cannabis movement) having access to information that could help there desire to shut down are efforts

I guess the days of anonymity are over it’s a brave new world , I did not mean to ruffle any feathers, it’s just concerning when a site that was shut down by international drug enforcement agencys comes back online and starts throwing names around, I respect your freedom of speech but I will say that if anybody ever figures out my real name I would appreciate it not being spread around the internet of things

2 Likes

I would love to get into an argument with you bro, and i would win, but the last time i did it, it cost me my place and achievement in the community, i am not gonna play with you. Sorry.

Find another one that will follow.

And i went to your website, it looks nice. Cheers!

1 Like

You do understand that this is fictitious website and we are all fictional characters creating our fictional stories as we go along…

5 Likes

I am sorry you enjoy arguing with people. How ever I do not and find it rather unproductive and a waste of energy better spent elsewhere. We are all fictional characters yes, how ever that worked out so great last time right. I am sharing my opinion as are you and I have no issue with that, I had no intention of starting an argument or upsetting anybody I just feel this is a issue worth some consideration

4 Likes

No worries mate. If a seedbank has a website and or advertises on a public website it’s not exactly a secret. Also some of the other cannabis related websites offer a much more fertile hunting grounds for the alphabets to go data mining. That’s not to say your concerns are not valid.

1 Like

Well, I have been buying from seed banks at least once a year for over thirty years now.
Never had any problems with any of my orders.
Admittedly, I used to harbor paranoid feelings in doing this, even though I always used a safe address and a corresponding bogus name.
Nowadays I don’t worry at all about sharing information about, or ordering from seed banks.
Despite the presence (In US) of the truly despicable Jeffy Sessions as AG, IMO, the tide had turned most dramatically against the possible prosecution for the heinous criminal act of buying cannabis seeds from any seed banks.
If seed banks had any reservations, and were concerned about any criminal liability, they would not be all over the interwebs for all to see and investigate.

5 Likes

I don’t think this is as cut and dry as it sounds – there are certainly seed vendors who are very actively advertising and cultivating business by any means necessary. We have a “Sponsor” forum and all :slight_smile: There are also vendors and breeders who are trying to keep things more on the down low, and to discuss their practices openly seems like a violation of trust in a way.

If these folks have websites that you can search for, and through them you can buy seeds, then yeah – it’s probably no big deal to discuss them on a public forum. What about something like LumberJack Seed Source? The password to their site is an open secret at this point – I’m sure it’s on here, RIU, IC, and the rest – but why have a password at all if they want customers to swarm to their site?

SeedsHereNow, on the other hand, probably won’t care if I discuss their site, given that I’ve bought seeds from them under a large banner advertising MARIJUANA SEEDS FOR SALE within view of the police :grin:

Something I actually do have a concern about is documenting stealth shipping: I’ve seen some pretty clever ways of hiding seeds, and people generally get stealth shipping because they’re planning to commit crimes which could land them in jail. Documenting stealth shipping techniques just seems like it puts others at risk.

It’s a different world than it was when Overgrow was shut down in 2005, I’m not going to deny that. However, most of the world (and most of the US) still live in an age of prohibition, and applying common sense to whether or not someone’s services should be very publicly discussed doesn’t sound unreasonable.

9 Likes

This is just a big change from there stance on things just 10 years ago, I guess alot changes in a short time and I may be drawing some paranoia from the past , I agree if they make no effort to hide and advertise freely there prob not to concerned, I have not seen a add for the one that caught my attention though. I’m not worried about prosecution of a single person as much as I am the seed bank it’s self, if they were not worried they would send it in a box from them ,If you look into the laws and how they are avoiding a trail back to them it shows concern but bravery. Somebody putting in writing that they orderd from a specific site and they arrived may creat un wanted interest in how they are being shipped, if it was that simple alot of these breeders would ship directly from there own sites and not use a middle man or three to get them out there, breeders can’t be liable for there gear ending up where it shouldn’t be if they dident send it there

1 Like

It’s always been a weird mix of common sense discretion and just enough fuck it to survive in this world

i agree with this statement. documenting stealth techniques does no one any favours. people can open their mail before they turn the camera on and we’ll still believe they actually received them from where they said they did.

i’m sure seedbanks expect these types of occurrences and frequently change shipping methods and return addresses etc but still does no favours for anyone except USPS etc

2 Likes

I feel the same about it, they put in alot of time to do this and keep up with the efforts against them and stealth shipping if it is occurring should be exactly as described, stealth on there part and ours

1 Like

on the flipside, some places are very open about their stealth shipping techniques. i.e. justfeminized allows you to pick from a list of 5-10 different options with different costs for each… just because USPS knows it’s shipping in a pen or a torch lighter doesn’t mean they can stop and check every one, it’s unfeasible.

i swear before they even had hidden inside a toy kite, don’t see it now though :joy:

2 Likes