Show Me Your DIY Grow Cab

Edit: Also any DIY projects are strongly encouraged no matter the caliber!

Hi everyone :clap:

I searched a bit and didn’t find many threads on DIY grow cabs - perhaps im lazy or maybe redundant because I just want to make some new friends…

Designing a cab has been a very expensive endeavour. So I’d rather learn on your dime. :money_with_wings:

Post a pic with some info on your setup and if you have a link id love to see it. Usual harvest amounts too please

So lets see em, I like them all sizes and shapes :joy:

4 Likes

I don’t want to hijack the topic, but just answering why you don’t find many DIY grow cabs today… Imho it is simply just because grow tents are so popular and I’d say they solve the problem right. They are folding and movable. Can be deployed in about hour or two. And they work well. Especially Secret Jardin or Homebox brand have pretty tough material which is light proof and has already pre-made all drawings. They are lightweight and easy to transport, also price is justifiable.

Those days that we’ve modified closets for growing are maybe coming to an end :smiley:

But back to topic I’m looking forward into seeing some DIY cabinets!

1 Like

@LemonadeJoe. Your 100% correct on the pros of using a tent… Honestly wish I could pop up a nice 6×6×7 in the room where my cab is going but I dont have the balls or a healthy heart to take that chance. I rent from family and they are in and out fixing this and that every now and again so I have to go the stealth stand alone closet/cab. There is no doubt it would take anyone in my family .01 of a second to know its a grow tent when they see it

2 Likes

That is a good point, living in California i forget people have to be stealthy. :grin:

1 Like

Well if you need a disguise, that is a whole different story :smiley:

1 Like

@ryasco we can’t all be so lucky!!! I’m in a state that only just recently is allowing medical cards, no caregivers or cultivation allowed as of now and only dispensaries with very limited selection compared to the Wal-Mart’s of weed I’m sure your used to. Lets hope this changes and soon… What’s wrong with the world today? That’s a whole nother story :no_mouth:

1 Like

I grew in a 40" X 40" closet for 4 years. We put our house on the market and wife kicked me out to the shed! That was 2 years ago and I just completed running power out there today. Got me a 4X4 tent, new fans, filter and about ready to turn on the juice and cut the damn thing loose! It’s an upgrade for me.

4 Likes

@oleskool830 I can’t wait until we can afford to buy a property where I can safely grow outdoors in shed or greenhouse and have a dedicated secret garden room inside, that’s all I need for my must haves lol the wifey is not as easy to please I assure…

Would love to see your final setup when its done

@LemonadeJoe do you think these will work, I can get em in jumbo

1 Like

We may be over optimistic but i believe medical herb will probably come to Texas in 2019 and we are looking for a piece of property in anticipation of that blessed event. We’ll see. I’m not getting any younger! One Love my brother @GumbyBuds

1 Like

Is that Yu Darvish? Sorry, I’m still celebrating the Astros World Series Win! Lol!

@oleskool830 that day will come…

And hahaha soak it up, but seriously not enough tears to be him :cry:

1 Like

Some of us enjoy our tiny boxes… tents are nice but hard sides too have advantages.
There are other forums where I’ve posted my set ups.
Light (and correct lack of it)
Ventilation (environment)
Security (stealth and can’t be tipped over by a cat jumping on top)

Address these three items and grow whatever you want.
Make it yours. Use what you have available. Don’t be afraid of failure…

1 Like

What’s up @GumbyBuds? What size constraints are you working with? Do you already have a cabinet or space to use? Computer repair shops and electronics recycling facilities are great places to get small, really quiet, power efficient fans. Get creative with the old tower PC units for ways to fasten fans, venting cords and lights to the small flat aluminum tray parts that hold chip boards. The old overlapping vents on the backs of them can be stacked in opposite directions to help create a light blocker, but allow air to vent. Probably need a pic. You can also sub aluminum ducting with the hose from a shop vac. You could even find a couple small fans to link up inside and create your own inliners.

Wait…I don’t know anything about you but…You’re trying to build this for your room and you have family in and out doing stuff and you live in an illegal state? Maybe a guerilla grow is better with a couple or several autos? :thinking:

I’ll post some DIY stuff I’m working on soon. Damn fiddler in me never settles. Post up what you have.

PS go peruse @ryasco outdoor. Ritz Carlton quality, walmart quantities.

Cheers.

3 Likes

old c13 wardrobe i used to use a vertical 430 then 600 in a home madebake around tube now it just starts plants

5 Likes

I use a 4x2x6 for flow, and a 4x2x4 for veg, they both fit in my office at home, no one touches anything (kids) and i stay on top of all things 18/6…

I assembled my tent in 20 mins…

3 Likes

Check out my workshop. I have several DIY cabs in there.

5 Likes

@ReikoX I love your workshop of green!!! So wish that was all in my basement!!! Ive read it many times in the past year, trust. Alot of the reason I made the choice to go stealth in the home is because of what I saw you achieve so its possible to have big things in small packages if ya get me.

@Kalgrae I am def planning a early gorilla come this spring, sucks being in a place where winter and available growing months are almost the same… Please post what you come up with, id love to take a gander

4 Likes

@GumbyBuds I will when my shits together. If you look at some of my posts you’ll see i’m the slacky of the bunch around here. LOL!!! It’s true though. Get some pointers from @reikoX, the grows his has going on are definitely on lock.

4 Likes

@Kalgrae I know what ya mean, some people on here should just run for president and fix the world, me on the other hand I have trouble running to the bathroom :grimacing:

3 Likes