Show off your mainlining, manifolding, or other training!

I’m in flower on my first grow and thinking about what I want to do differently next time. One of the things I want to do is more intentional training, possibly mainlining.

Please share photos of your mainlining or other training that you’re proud of. I am thinking the equivalent of the bud shots thread, but for training. It’s an art, show it off!

8 Likes

There’s a great on-line ‘resource’ called GrowWeedEasy, I hung out there before I discovered Overgrow was back up and running.
The site has a crazy number of hyperlinked tutorials. If you haven’t seen it, pack a lunch, it’s a big ‘bunny hole’… :wink: :smile:

I did the mainlining first and then the manifolding, mostly so I could understand the difference. Now I do sort of a ‘free style’ based on the plant’s responses.

I still go back there occasionally to check up on what’s new.

Cheers
G

13 Likes

Yes! I’ve seen that site, and will spend more time there I’m sure between now and actually implementing anything. I added manifolding to the topic, I forgot the word for it and knew I was missing one!

5 Likes

Let’s see if @MissinBissin see’s this? He sent me a cool pic a few months back…

ea551fd069692600ca29af95c8c1cc17b5c2d2a9_2_690x468

:call_me_hand:

11 Likes

Thanks @Tlander
I do the violent stuff in the mornings, and the delicate at nite lol

7 Likes

That looks great! I think I really enjoy the symmetry, this is part of why I said it’s art. And everyone has their own hook/tie-down system, container size/etc. Thank you for kicking off the photos!

2 Likes

I did a Pretty basic style of just hold it down to grow sideways under a net with no topping cutting should of done some defol thou

8 Likes

That looks great too! I continue to be impressed at how much it all fills in when just bent over. Looks like it filled your space really nicely.

2 Likes

Yea it did that was just my veg tent 2x3 just having a little play

2 Likes

4 Likes

Nobody wants to see my flower tent at the moment thou she’s in shamble random strains here and there no training just on the hunt :rofl:

1 Like

11 Likes

@greenmonster714

1 Like

Yeah, I can appreciate it when somebody puts in the work to make it so symmetrical! My own efforts are dealing with so many plants that I can’t possibly keep up on them all, but getting a good underlying structure going early really helps, even if they get out of control as they grow.

I just tried out a "Bro Science’ experiment of reversing Yo-yo’s to hold branches down (had a bucketful going to waste). Feels like I’d need to modify the yoyo’s to have less tension if I wanted to do this regularly, snapped a few branches in the process.

Tried a Screen 'o Green as well…

If I only had a couple plants this might fine, but as it is, it’s far too time consuming every day!

10 Likes

I like that you’re continuing to experiment! I feel like your yo-yos trial might work if you could set a maximum retraction point. Like “don’t let it go past here, but don’t keep it under extra tension”, tying something onto it, or looping it around a zip tie or who knows. :thinking:

3 Likes

It looks like I could just cut the metal spring little shorter and it would back off the tension…will have to find time to test it. Your idea would work too, but I want it to be as few ‘moving parts’ as possible so that I really do it! Once it becomes complicated I tend to find excuses to put it off.

4 Likes

This is pretty simple, and serves the same purpose.
Zoom in on my pictures in the above post.

4 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

Twisting and cavorting…my cup of tea. Looks great in there flower.

Someday I’m gonna talk ya into a floater screen…lol

Beginning…

End game

9 Likes