Show us your COB rig?

Wanna brag about your rigs, are you too proud of your creation, maybe you are just a DIY freak and want to share your experience, please tell us what you use in here. We all wanna know. Here’s a pic of my two rigs doing their work, the big one is a Vero29 v7 600W and the small one is a Citizen CLU048 200W!

12 Likes

Can we see a pic of the lights themselves kind sir? How’s the heat with COBs?

been interested in building some of these. i want to run about 1200w though.

How far apart are the lights? How many needed for 4X4 flower tent. Currently using hps. The Cobs seem quite pricey comparatively speaking. I was considering something like these as a supplement to the hps. Your thoughts?

This is the Vero29 v7 600W COB Rig, this is custom for a 4x4 tent, but i am using it in a 4x2, it fits snuggly and it’s doing the job good. I repeat this one is for a 4x4 tent. Temp running @ 400W with a 4 inch exhaust fan and passive intake is 27C, distance from the canopy @ 18 inches.

9 Likes

Cobkits.com is cheap!! Check it!

Looks fascinating and I’m very intrigued. However, I’m an old hippie that is high most of the time and to me it sounds like building a DIY Spacecraft! More research needed on my part. Does anyone make a “plug and play” version of this technology? I like kits for making kites but not building lights.

1 Like

http://timbergrowlights.com/

This is where i bought them, i didn’t make them… LOL

Thanks my good friend. If it entails more than plugging in and changing bulbs, I’m screwed! I appreciate you.

1 Like

I was taking a course of electronics online to learn how to do it, but then i realized i wanna grow weed, not build lamps… LOL

4 Likes

Prezactly! I want to know what time it is, not how to build a watch!

1 Like

4x vero29 v7 - 200w, square optics, 2 degree control (100 & 200w)l
made by one of local grower (Im electrotechnic noob). I’m planning upgrade to 400w over time. Looking really professionaly :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I posted my DIY rig over here. Cob led......and GO!

1 Like

SO i guess the driver is like a 180 @ 1400mA, because i know that the Vero29 v7 runs at 100W each, your driver runs them at half capacity?

Sorry, I dont know. : D For details, I would have to ask builder.

Originally I wanted 2x vero 29 at 200w for smaller tent (only for veg). But he convinced me … efficiency at lower power or possibility of uprgrade. I finally decided to try to replace 400W HPS.

1 Like

He did good, when you change the driver you’ll have a 400W lamp instead of a 200W one… He did good!

You would need to replace the driver with a 360 @ 1400mA or even 1000mA… If there are any like that!

1 Like

Right on there. Totaly dont wanna run any cobs full power! @MadScientist if youre talking about how much electricity a cob uses you would use volts and not wattage. wattage=volts x amps. Youd use wattage if you wanna know how hard the cobs are being ran. The wattage is what you pay the power company per monthXD

2 Likes

My driver says 360 1400 so what is that mean then…?

2 Likes

Do those produce Uva or b?

I know the right man for that would be @lotus710! I chose to buy COBs because of his instructions and motivation!

1 Like