Show us your ROCKS!:)

Hi OG. I know there are many rock hounds amongst us. Collecting rocks and growing herb just seem to go hand in hand.

I’ve dragged home somewhere in the neighborhood of a couple of tons of cool rocks over the years.

From double terminated, fully healed, clear as water semi precious gemstones to 100 pound boulders that I just thought looked cool.

Thought this would be a good place to share some of the beauty of nature with people that will appreciate it.

Please do post any pics you have of any cool rocks you’ve dragged home. Maybe it’s something you haven’t ID’d yet and maybe…someone here can help you with that.

I look forward to seeing all of your pics.

On the left is a large piece of jasper from a vein we found last year on mt. Hood. On the right is a large agate in it’s raw form. Have access to a saw…will post when cut.

15 Likes

Does that count?

18 Likes

You panning mofo. Nicely done.

4 Likes

That was 4 or 5 pans condensed… one day I’ll find a chunk lol

7 Likes

Where bouts. Not from the mountains but used to go when I was young. As a novice the cottonwood was the most reliable but very fine.

5 Likes

Cottonwood… where? Lol theres a cottonwood near me which is known for good gold. I’m over on Vancouver island

5 Likes

Beautiful find GM! Definitely counts.

My employer always tips me off to hotspots that are close to job sites. He’s an old rock hound. Gold and agates mostly.

It’s kind of funny getting directions from him for dig sites.

Goes something like this…so…you want to pull out of the job site and hang a left…drive about 10, maybe 12 miles and you’ll cross a bridge…right after the bridge there will be a big tree…not at that tree but the next one on the right you’ll see a road…turn there…

He’s a great guy and I’m thankful for his willingness to share.

Thanks for your contribution!

6 Likes

found this in a creekbed not far frome the house

12 Likes

A different type of rock, but I love them all!

10 Likes

Central BC off the Fraser.

3 Likes

Some awesome finds :+1:

3 Likes

That’s awesome Stickyjones! I’ve never seen a fossil specimen like that before. Do you know what it is?

We’ve found many pieces of petrified wood in our travels.There is one spot in the Columbia river gorge where we found a petrified stump that is about six feet across. Strange to think that an area that is now dry an nearly barren, was once an old growth forest. I’ll try to find a picture of it.

2 Likes

Hi RazAhTaz! Thank for throwing in.

Are some of those arrows heads made from obsidian?

1 Like

These are my current pocket rocks. Always have them on me and they always have a story.

On the left is a quartz crystal from a recent pocket trade with a brother. Nothing else goes in this pocket with the crystal…

On the right is the rock I found while walking into the last farm I walked out of. Didn’t occur to me until a week later…this may have been a sign that I was chasing fools gold! Aka iron pyrite

In the spirit of organizing like with like…I keep pocket change and small bills in the pocket with the fools gold:)

4 Likes

Sometimes they are. I’ve not been lucky enough to find any like that yet!

4 Likes

I think they are some kind of marine plant fossils but am not too certain… Usually just find a lot of seashells hidden in rocks around here. It is amazing how you can find remnants of a forest in a desert and there isnt an ocean within a few hundred miles of me but there apparently used to be one here…

3 Likes

They look like crinoid impressions, very neat.

6 Likes

Looks like some Indian artifacts there couple arrow heads and spear points?

1 Like

Early Medieval hand carved Trebuchet projectile.

8 Likes

6 Likes