Show your animal

So sorry to hear this, but you did the right thing. Just know she did not blame you , poor cat.
Chin up, you did what you had to do!

7 Likes

really sorry to hear that. what a beautiful soul. you gave her excellent care.
you did the right thing, she was losing function fast. she earned her rest and respite.
and you gave her a safe and comfortable passage.

6 Likes

We are so fortunate, loving our pets as we do, to be able to do that last thing for them. The first three days are misery after this loss, it seems. Comfort your heart and reassure your mind, as you can. Our pets soften life. The lack of presence after loss seems to double the hardness of what just living is. Please love yourself a little extra for the near future. I am so sorry for your loss.

6 Likes

Thanks Jetdro. The hardest part was making the decision that her quality of life was not sufficient. As it was, she made it easy (if there is such a thing) by really acting out of it before I took her. The vet positioned her beautifully. I tucked her favorite stuffed mouse in her paws, wrapped her up in a sheet and buried her yesterday.

Thank you Zephyr. You are 100% correct. She was a good girl, and she earned a good passage and proper burial. I am thankful I could give her that. Also super thankful I could be home with her for a few days before the end.

You are so correct. I know it will get better, but damn does it suck waking up/coming home to an empty house. Somehow it feels colder than when she was here. Guess I just miss her sitting on me while I type on the computer. :heart:

9 Likes

Just goofin around that day.
No wildlife was touched or harmed.
(Fences keep him outta da grow)

10 Likes

3 sisters on the dock

14 Likes

This is our old boy, he is a border collie mix, he will be 15 years old in July he has already beat cancer once and is in pretty good shape besides abit of arthritis… Over all still a healthy and happy old guy…

15 Likes

The missus and I rescued this beautiful guy . He was found wandering around in a cemetery in Georgia. He’s coming to his forever home tomorrow and I can’t wait . I’ve lost sleep over him . I just lost my mother the other day , we need some puppy love :heart: He’s part Chesapeake Bay retriever/Hound bit I see pitbull in him . We named him YEM… Phish heads will know where the name came from . Can’t wait to snuggle with this guy …

19 Likes

That’s mom rip . I didn’t mean to send that bye .

5 Likes

Btw I meant . Sorry :neutral_face:

3 Likes

So cute! Can see why you are so excited about that bundle of joy. My condolences on the loss of your Mom. May she rest in peace.

6 Likes

Rescue animals know somehow that they’ve been saved … He’s a handsome boy . He will help the missus and I heal … I can’t sleep I’m that excited . We pick him up at 10:30 today .Thx for the kind words .

6 Likes

Going to get him. !! ! I have butterflies :heart::star:

6 Likes

22 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

20 years ago… RIP & miss you friends. :pensive: :dog2:

:evergreen_tree:

21 Likes

this is Zelda, my belgian malinois, he is 4 months old :smiley: :grinning:

19 Likes

Nice Dog :slight_smile: Ring Sport ?