Show your animal

Very cute! :relaxed:

1 Like

[admin edit] Moved from: Thug Pug Genetics

My dogs asleep on my foot/ankle… but looks too damn cute and comfy so I’ll just let her sleep.

Guy gives a bad name for pugs! They were my choice as a family dog growing up. I had 2…1 is still alive at the ripe age of 18 (she was born in '99). She’s back at home with my fam. Great dogs! My mom was actually surprised I got a Fila Brasileiro when I told her I got a dog. My Fila just made 1 on the 4th of July this year. Another great breed, if you like big dogs.

1 Like

I got a chihuahua, so i dunno… :joy:

1 Like

7 Likes

interesting breed! from wikipedia…

They were taught to chase down jaguars, cattle, and other animals, as well as runaway slaves. The dogs would grab the slave or animals by the neck and hold them until the farmer arrived. This instinct can be observed among puppies when they are playing.
The Brazilian army compared this breed to Doberman Pinschers and German Shepherds in a five-year study using these dogs in the jungle under extremely hostile conditions. The following traits were observed: intelligence, aggressiveness, sensibility, temperament, energy, resistance, rusticity and strength. German Shepherds were found to have the highest intelligence and Doberman Pinschers the highest level of aggression. The Fila Brasileiro was found to be superior in every other category.

2 Likes

Yep! She’s a great dog. Always on watch. Sweetest thing ever… except if you’re a sketchy person. Can go from a loveale wrinkly cuddler to a beast in 0.5 seconds.

Great dog to have for a family esp if you have a farm or something. They’re great watch dogs and protectors, but most of all loyal friendly family dogs. They all think they’re lap dogs though. Very good with children surprisingly. Very gentle.

Here she is

And her momma

…and as usual, a foot in the pic! But this time not mine :joy:

13 Likes

oh yeah, I tell people that about German Shepherds all the time! They can tell whether you’re bad or good…just like Santa Claus…they’re like a walking lie detector. Or asshole detector! :smile:

5 Likes

Exactly! She can smell the bad in people.

2 Likes

I didn’t see a german shepherd anywhere?

they’re in here! scroll back to July 19

11 Likes

Oh ok, those dogs are beautiful. I like them a lot. Definitely BS detectors yes! I wanna get a dog!

And for the looks of it, someone is making moonshine by the creek!

2 Likes

is that a comment about my friend’s choice of clothing?:smiley: or do you see something I don’t? This is the Lamoille river in Vermont, my buddy is actually considering growing gourmet hops on his property for the local beer industry.

2 Likes

Stereotypes invade OG!!! HAHAHAHA!

She is beautiful! Mom looks so dignified.

1 Like

This is Zappa. My Labradoodle.

10 Likes

Bugsy “Beatles” - 20 lbs of pure attitude.

12 Likes

Nice shot of your dignified dogs on the bed @Blowingupjake. Here’s my Labradoodle, Zappa, he’s very proud that he still has balls and shows them off at every opportunity. Not so dignified.

9 Likes

Hahahaha. I do the same thing whenever my wife walks into the room

Awesome pics of a cute pup @oleskool830

Stay hazed
Jake

3 Likes

Lololol! I’m gonna try that with my wife! After 35 years of marriage, she will be amused I’m sure.

2 Likes