Show your animal

I have started give him Droglican with glucosamina n condrotina… N all the “rest” of seafood when we eat it…
Were rigth now in the feets of Sierra Morena.
I was sittin here to post it, n Yako by my side:

9 Likes

A beautiful place and a lucky dog! Livin’ the dream @MiG!

4 Likes

One of our wiews to the valley, right now, @oleskool830 n @anon58740919 :

9 Likes

Yako runnin to the forest’s shade (more than 20°Celsius inna the shade aprox):

10 Likes

I plucked a male from my room today but thought I’d give him a chance so took my dog down the river. Got a few photos. Dug a little spot with my trusty folding shovel and came back home. I can assure you my valley is nowhere near those temperatures right now haha

9 Likes

One more photo of the big dog. He is actually a king Shepherd btw. (Most people assume GSD so I usually nod) lol

9 Likes

The end of our walk, before we gone to lunch:

9 Likes

just had a look at the studs there

are you talking hip displacement? Linda’s not screwing around, she won’t breed dogs until age 2 after they’re certified as OFA good or excellent for hip dysplasia at the vet.

Wow Spain is beautiful! :+1:

4 Likes

It’s nice to see good practice from a breeder in that case. I didn’t fully read the site bro literally looked at the structure of the studs. And noticed the latter generations progressively slumping more. Linda sounds like she is doing about all she can from what you say and should I ever consider another pup I’ve bookmarked her site that’s presuming she would allow a dog to leave the US. I hope import duties not as much as they are on electrical items lol. many a dog ruined tryna pup too young. (If you look at lurchers in the UK it’s a prime example) used to be 4 years old to know your bitch was a good worker. Pup and retire.

And agreed how lucky is @MiG

2 Likes

the dogs with sloping backs were the American show lines. They’ve mostly gone extinct, all the breeders in this region are importing dogs from Europe and using working lines or West German show lines. The breeding standards in Germany are unbelievably high compared to the US. Linda likes to use mostly the East German lines that came out of the collapse of DDR in 1989, they were really high quality from being bred for working in a centralized program for 50 years by the German govt.

German shepherds are the best! I’m on my 3rd one. If you treat them well they start working for you without being trained, they just figure stuff out.

4 Likes

Well, durin this year I have los first Yaqui (2/3 Siberian Husky x 1/3 GSD), the family pet, with 14, n one of our best guard dogs, Zoco (Bleichestrasse Rottweiler x D’Cochise Malinois) with 13. Specialy Zoco, he was jumpin n runnin like a puppie till the day before his dead, n 2 year before (with 11 years old) he combated two thiefs with baseball bates n Zoco bitted hard one thief’s leg n severy injured him (but he loose one ear’s hear sense )…

Yaqui, very old, loosin his hair n hear, but not his nose:

Zoco, allways ready:

10 Likes

All Shepherds are awesome imo. Whatever their nationality I’m not a dog racist lol. It’s not just an American thing. It’s rife in England still.

here’s venezzi Raul. Crufts idea of a high standard of dog. 2018 winner pastoral/German Shepherd.
This is where I start having an issue. Maybe 5 or 6 years in him before he’s suffering.:sleepy:

5 Likes

@anon58740919, in just your last post’s Cruft pic, the rear legs of the dog are right? I prefer the dogs in @Muleskinner link pics…
Thanks s lot everybody by your comments n info.
Salud para todos, con 2 o 4 patas.

4 Likes

@MiG I don’t agree that they are
This is basically what i meant by low slumped bro. I much prefer the dogs in muleskinners link. Be good to see the gait on some of the older studs.

2 Likes

Now understand! We said in Spanish acabalgado (like a horse under a so much heavy jockey…)Bajo de grupa

2 Likes

The only Spanish I know brother is olah, dos sangria porfavor lol

2 Likes

Es curioso @anon58740919 que los perros no sepan lengua humana alguna, pero que sean capaces de entendernos a todos igual hablemos el idioma que hablemos, y entre nosotros nos cueste tanto entendernos como no hablemos una lengua común (y muchas veces ni aun así, je…)

It’s funny @anon58740919 that dogs do not know any human language, but that they are able to understand us all, even if we speak the language we speak, and it costs us so much to understand each other as we do not speak a common language (and many times not even then, …)

6 Likes

I actually took that one to Google translate myself @MiG this is very true and the reason I would choose a dog over people any day lol

2 Likes

yep, that show dog is from the show lines with the sloping back…acabalgado. :smile:

here is my other dog’s breeder - really nice wolf-looking dogs, all working lines, she imports them from Germany and Czech Repub.

http://www.timberridgeshepherds.com/index.php/our-shepherds/

4 Likes

I like this video - my dogs mom is the one at the beginning with the pups

7 Likes