Show your animal

@anon58740919, a Yako he de tenerlo en un cercado mas alto, de más de 2 m de altura que aun asi conseguía saltar para buscarme: he tenido que ponerle un “pastor eléctrico”…
Estoy dedicándole a Yako más tiempo que al resto de mis perros juntos…

@anon58740919, to Yako I have to have it in a higher fence, more than 2 m high that still managed to jump to find me: I had to put an “electric pastor” … I am dedicating Yako more time than the rest of my dogs together …

2 Likes

@MiG
That’s sad brother. Will he grow out of that behavior? I guess it probably depends on each dog how quickly they adapt, huh?

Eso es triste hermano. ¿Va a crecer fuera de ese comportamiento? Supongo que probablemente depende de cada perro qué tan rápido se adapten, ¿eh?

So, @anon58740919, even been with “Tigre”, " Yako " runs n jumps walls in order of seek me, when I try to go outside… Even prefers play with me than play with other dog…

2 Likes

First time I find this problem…

1 Like

That’s probably the best command you could teach a dog. I don’t honestly have any valuable advice in regards to the separation anxiety as every dog will react differently to different methods. You will have to figure what works for both you and yako.
As for the biting. I’d be asserting my dominance there before that becomes an issue. Never with violence. This is possibly an occasion the separation anxiety could be useful though as a training tool. You are well aware he doesn’t like to be alone. Any biting. Command he lies down. Keep your hand out towards his face. Back away and close a gate. (Before turning your back on him). Every time you can close the gate without being harassed. Reward him.

2 Likes

without reading all of the posts @MiG I would suggest trying to work on the stay or down stay.

Positive reward reinforcement, it does sound like separation anxiety ??

Start with 10 seconds stay and work up to hours :wink:

Nice to see you :slight_smile: @Mig

4 Likes

Eso intento explicaros es mi problema: se como tratar la agresividad dominante, pero esta agresividad es nerviosa …
Como te conté, ya utilizo la obediencia y me funciona: si le pido a Yako un sentado a Yako durante su ataque nervioso, el obedece y puedo meterle la mano en la boca… Pero en cuanto vuelvo a a acercarme a la puerta…
Pero de tu mensaje saco que trabaje con el el “quiet” y el “stay”…
Mil gracias a todos!

That I try to explain to you is my problem: I know how to treat the dominant aggressiveness, but this aggressiveness is nervous … As I told you, I already use obedience and it works for me: if I ask Yako to sit Yako during his nervous attack, he obeys and I can put my hand in his mouth … But as soon as I come back to the door … But from your message, I will work with the “quiet” and the “stay” … Thank you all!

3 Likes

Redirect the negative behaviour by giving an instruction / command that will redirect the behavior with out a negative reinforcement.

Reward the positive behaviour instantly when training, timing is everything, even if its only a 10 sec stay, all dogs have to start somewhere @MiG

Best of luck, practice and more practice makes perfect eventually :sunglasses:

I have seen some nervy dogs make the best obedience dogs and protection dogs, they just mature slower and need a handler that can work with them and build trust.

Fine balance @mig its like living on a knife edge with them but worth it, every minute is worth it :wink:

2 Likes

Nicely condensed version of what I said there @Herbie lol

@MiG let us all know in a couple of weeks how you getting on with the positive reinforcement training. And always. Always face your dog until it’s safe to turn unless you trust them implicitly. I think you will be fine with time though mate

2 Likes

N btw, even they can be fine together, when “it” happens n “Yako” trie to catch me bittin, “Tigre” turns to try to attack “Yako”…

1 Like

9 Likes

@MiG
Hmm, your initial diagnosis of the dog seems to be spot on regarding him spending a long time chained up. Really sad, but obviously he couldn’t be more grateful to have a good loving master. This may seem odd, but CBD for anxiety and joint pains has a large market here in the US for dogs. It certainly won’t be a cure all but may help with his nerves a bit. I’ve found dogs also love eating fan leaves. My buddy’s dog wants one every time he leaves the grow area. Obviously you’ve got enough space so the dogs never need to be crated, not to mention they seem to be great guards for you…but maybe crate training him a bit would help. Just so he knows “that’s his domain and safe space” rather than a time out or jail cell. Fill it with toys and a bed maybe. I don’t use a crate anymore but did for a while and at first it was a disaster. I was in an apartment at the time and the dog just cried and howled to the point of complaints… but that only lasted a few days and she quickly got used to it. Again, obviously this dog just needed an leader in its life and you sound to be the perfect one. I just think this is something that will have to be made better over time with repetitive training and actions. Not to mention scolding him when he bites you and letting him know that’s not ok…but not to let him confuse that scolding with you leaving. My dog definitely gives me a sad look of disappointment when I leave but she also knows that it’s her time to shine by being on guard when I’m not around as well.
Keep us updated with his progress and sorry I didn’t have better advice. A positive thing is it seems like you’ve shown this dog more love than its ever had and with that you have a friend and guardian for life. I don’t know about you, but my dog is my very best friend in the world. Don’t know what I’d do without her and visa versa bc our bond is just so strong.

Spanish:

Hmm, tu diagnóstico inicial del perro parece ser perfecto, ya que pasó mucho tiempo encadenado. Realmente triste, pero obviamente no podría estar más agradecido de tener un buen maestro amoroso. Esto puede parecer extraño, pero el CBD para la ansiedad y los dolores en las articulaciones tiene un gran mercado aquí en los Estados Unidos para los perros. Ciertamente no será una cura todo pero puede ayudar un poco con sus nervios. He encontrado que a los perros también les encanta comer hojas de abanicos. El perro de mi amigo quiere uno cada vez que abandona el área de cultivo. Obviamente, tienes suficiente espacio para que los perros nunca necesiten ser embalados, sin mencionar que parecen ser grandes guardias para ti … pero tal vez ayudarlo con la formación de cajas un poco. Solo para que sepa “ese es su dominio y espacio seguro” en lugar de un tiempo de espera o celda de prisión. Llénalo con juguetes y una cama tal vez. Ya no uso una caja, pero lo hice por un tiempo y al principio fue un desastre. Estaba en un apartamento en ese momento y el perro solo lloró y aulló hasta el punto de las quejas … pero eso solo duró unos días y rápidamente se acostumbró. Una vez más, obviamente este perro solo necesitaba un líder en su vida y pareces ser el perfecto. Simplemente creo que esto es algo que tendrá que mejorarse con el tiempo con entrenamiento y acciones repetitivas. Por no mencionar regañarlo cuando te muerde y hacerle saber que no está bien … pero no dejar que confunda ese regaño con que te vayas. Definitivamente, mi perro me da una triste mirada de desilusión cuando me voy, pero también sabe que es hora de que brille por estar en guardia cuando yo no estoy cerca.
Manténganos actualizados con su progreso y lo siento, no tuve mejores consejos. Una cosa positiva es que parece que le has demostrado a este perro más amor que nunca y con eso tienes un amigo y tutor de por vida. No sé ustedes, pero mi perro es mi mejor amigo en el mundo. No sé qué haría sin ella y viceversa. Nuestro vínculo es tan fuerte.

2 Likes

Gran comentario y consejo.

Great comment and advice.

1 Like

East Germany (ex DDR) n Checoslovaquian’s ones, are the most famouses n wanted GS work’s lines here too…

Pictures of my Mexican purebred dogs.

6 Likes

Mexican relaxed línes, je…

2 Likes

4 Likes

https://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/story-behind-amazing-goose-vs-golfer-photo

Hahahah

I guess golf balls must look like goose eggs, :laughing:

4 Likes

I just had to post pics of my sweet girls Pups as I’m sure you’ll agree these 2 are quite Adorable. This Is Secia…

& This little Darling is Franki & here’s Mom & the Girlz `x

13 Likes

Great, @DonJuanaGrow… Ahhhh…puppies…

Bout me, I have done it!. Now Yako can wait calmed over this little fence without jumpin or bittin… So he can live with Tigre n they have now more space…(2 days toguether right now without problems; only playin toguether)
Yako is startin to bark to strangers when they can be seen over the fences too, so Im really happy.

Right now:

10 Likes