Show your animal

Our farm cat…My wife is in charge

3 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

Red Belly Woodpecker hitting up the feeder. I have a few around here to. Funny song they have.

1 Like

Truly the most amazing looking Moth I have ever seen to be sure.

1 Like

You didn’t shoot him…he just got in your way

Somebody got a haircut today

7 Likes

He did not shoot, nor did he go in the way, wife bought it …

Mockingbird

8 Likes

Are you mocking me?

4 Likes

Poplar grey moth in my garden today. These are a hairy beauty

7 Likes

Toast is a wild child.

10 Likes

Meet Toots the Tortoise. My wife surprised me with her this weekend(was supposed to be my birthday present but plans fell through and this poor girl needed out of a rough home so got her a month early) she is a Hermanns Tortoise.

Anyone ever built a tortoise table before? She doesn’t like it in the pool I have setup for her now. I’m going to give her my current veg area and move my veg setup to another room. Thinking I’ll have a water feature as well as various substrates with some live plants on her table :slight_smile: also need to find a friend for her as I bet she’s lonely.

Stay hazed
Jake

13 Likes

Hey @Blowingupjake. Lovely tortoise. I’ve always wanted one. If I had the space I’d make a whole habitat for one… Water, plants. Basically I’d create microclimate for him… Sounds super fun!

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Exactly @Eddie.saw, they need more than a tank with some crap in the bottom. People don’t realize how smart and adventurous they are.
Some of the table habitats I’ve seen online are amazing with little trays of living grasses and various obstacles and adventures for the Tortoise. It’ll be a fun project, I’ll update the progress in this thread. I’m thinking multi level with lots of room for her to explore.

Shells up, dude! :+1:

Stay hazed
Jake

3 Likes

Sweet… I’ll be looking forward to it… Ive always thought something like a raised bed garden typ thing but inside… With maybe a shelter/bedding on one end and one the other maybe a little pond and a ‘stream’ with a recirculating pump… Couple water plants… Then some live stuff he’d eat. I see it in my mind like a tortoise’s landscaped lawn… Lol

:slight_smile: read it before i could write it… good man!

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

i’m pro-animal, anti-human, in general, but i have: Hyperacusis. :gun:

you can laugh or cry or shake your head, but they trigger my PTSD, can drive me to anxiety attacks & stop me breathing. it’s totally fucked. they’re the worst bird in the world to me…my gramps with hearing loss thought they were his favorite. go figure. only damn thing he could hear. :mega:

:head_bandage: edit: only in California is a man unafraid of 24/7 air-surveillance but terrorified by a common songbird. :upside_down: And thanks to those who check the wikipedia link-- it’s much clearer than I am.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I am sorry about this. I love the constant variety in their song. :ear: :bird:

2 Likes

Since Sunday I’ve worked extra hard and got my vegetable gardens tilled and planted. It’s been a very hot one here this week, all in the high 80s low 90s and for someone who suffers from polymorphous light eruption, it’s really crappy for me. Anyways decided to take the pooch down to the river

9 Likes

My main man Dually

13 Likes