Show your animal

Piranhas anyone? I’ve kept them several times in years past. These guys are about 10 weeks old.

Running close to 1000 gallons between my 5 tanks. Any other fish keepers here?

8 Likes

There’s a few around. Someone was talking about a submersible pump around here somewhere.

3 Likes

always go a good 3 months get a good cleaning in and then algae wins. ive tried many times though

3 Likes

Either too much food, too much waste, too much light or just not enough water changes. I’m good at all of them at times, lol.

Phosphorous is not your friend.
:wink:

2 Likes

I’ve had fresh water tanks nearly my whole life. Hobby level, 100gal main and a few 10-30gal tanks. Those piranha grow like damn weeds (if you’ve not had them before). Especially pretty when they are still freckled little juveniles though
Nice photos :camera: :+1:

2 Likes

Yes I have kept many a specie of Piranha. Had my first one nearly 50 years ago now. I have a small school of 9 in this tank which is a custom built 250 gallon setup. Also keeping some Red Dragon Flowerhorns, and lots of Africans from Tanganyika and Malawi.

Been venturing more in to South America lately.
:wink:

2 Likes

Ahh yes, I now remember seeing your red dragon flowerhorn.
I kept blue convict cichlid for many years. Watching them parent the young fry is so interesting. Great pet species.

1 Like

The cat, Charms, I just got rid of in September and haven’t heard about her since, I assume she’s dead and that makes me sad. The Rott, Buster, is my pops dog that he had forever that died a couple years ago. Not sure if it’s live animals only but, it’s always good to remember the friends we lost

8 Likes

So this is what happens to your auto when you accidentally leave Tiki on the porch all night…

As you can see, most every fan leaf has a bite taken out of it…

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

1 Like

8 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

That’s muuuuch better on the :ear:s :slight_smile: :wink: :head_bandage:

:evergreen_tree:

Neat fish…

7 Likes

Here’s my best friend Murray. He’s a Newfoundland and just an all round great dogo.

13 Likes

The quality of this pic is poor. But the Red Fox doesn’t hang around during daylight,

10 Likes

5 Likes