Show your animal

She’s still here for the moment. I’m just waiting on my family to set things up on their end.

I have some CBD isolate left and once I get my liquid coconut oil I’ll mix the 2 and at least give her a good CBD dose to stop the pain at the end at the very least.

Now that she’s awake I don’t want her to whimper and shake line she is now. She’s scared and confused. When she hurt her foot and I was handling it once I found it by accident she looked so betrayed. A look of pure confusion and pain. The look in her eyes as I had to move her before she hurt her foot worse. I found it because she hopped off the bed and when she planted herself and started crying I went to her side to see what was up. She looked at her legs and I saw the problem was her hips I thought. I grab her feet to clutch her hip to her torso to then grab her belly and Support her weight to let her walk like she wants to. She hated being picked up and will growl at me if I do. Occasionally she needs to and just let’s me. Anyways I’m grabbing her foot and she’s yelping and crying in agony like I just hurt her bad.at the same time I had to move her no matter what as her butt was pinned under my bedframe as she got stuck after falling too. She slid back after trying to get up. I get her onto the blanket and she’s still looking frozen and when I help her move she loses control over her bowels and luckily it was solid :weary: she plants herself in the hallway after I help her move and she keeps crying for me. At this point I had to go to the bathroom myself and she was scared without me. When I go to check on her she’s trying to get up and falling repeatedly. I go to help her and I notice her foot she’s been keeping off the ground is swollen now. I feel it and things are not good feeling in the area. Crunchy is a word I’d use, but not squishy. It could be she got a double whammy of hip dysplasia and a broken/fractured ankle and so far it seems so. Her body is giving up before she is and it’s beyond sad to me to see her like this. Just a couple days ago she was having trouble getting up, but despite that she was excited and happy to see me. She could still move, but she just took longer to do it than she did last week when she was still able to jump. This time cannabis is only able to ease her pain. I wish I could make her better with all my heart, but the only thing humane I can do for her is make her pain stop.

If she’s following patterns of cannabis dosing that I need for pain levels I’m going to give her some CBD now though.

If only this could have waited until tomorrow to get bad my mother would be home and she’d be able to get something for her pain that doesn’t have decarbed THC in it. I had to use what I had in hand to stop the pain no matter what. No puking, so that’s a good sign so far. Also a bad sign as I basically gave her a dose that works for my pain and she’s usually my baseline dose for meds we can both take. She’s 25mg CBD before she starts acting like a puppy again. 50mg on bad days. And it seems she may be following my pattern exactly so far. At my worst I was needing about 200-300mg CBD just to ease the pain a little.

6 Likes

I’ve seen that look @OniTenshu. It feels like it’s tearing your heart out because you feel so bloody helpless.

You are faced with one of the hardest times in any dog owner’s life my friend. You know what has to be, and it’s going to hurt like nothing else ever has. In the end, you will find strength in knowing you had the courage to be with her through this.

6 Likes

That poor baby! I’m truly sorry.

5 Likes

We lost a friends dog today…He lived a great life, passed naturally in his yard, with his family.

On a side note…This is Buk-Buk…During a heavy molt.

K.

10 Likes

…one of my pups…older pic just turned a yr …sabotage…he got his name honestly…dont let the pic fool ya.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

Thank you all for the Support during this time. It’s been very hard and I’m still a little shook that she’s gone now.

We’re planting Daisey’s over her grave. I think it’ll be a fitting memorial for her. She loved flowers and smelling the plants around the garden.

6 Likes

Love the name…So Sab for short then…

K.

2 Likes

I really feel for you right now…I have lost a couple buddy’s along the way myself…Last one was my Rott of 14 years…I don’t care what anyone says…It never gets better over time…Just easier to deal with…

The farm I live on had another friend pass not long ago…So I have started making signs in their memory…A new thing I enjoy doing…The weather this day was fitting…

I wish you the best moving forward…And even though this is a shitty time for you, and no other dog can replace your dog…Remember with the old leaving us, we now have the young needing our love and guidance…

Lots O Love your way Oni…

K.

12 Likes

Lol​:rofl::rofl: sabo…20 character s

1 Like

Everything about this place is being supportive of our brothers and sisters.

Without a doubt. Sincere condolences from my wife and I.

Soon enough another will find you. And chew on your shoes, and…

5 Likes

My wife and I have been pondering what breed our next dog will be. The two we have now are getting on in their theoretical lifespan and we’re planning to introduce a pup soon in order to have them help raise it. One breed we’re considering is an English Mastiff, and the other is a Rottweiler. The female we have now is an English Mastiff/St Bernard cross. The last female we had was a Rottweiler.

Loki adds another vote in the Rotti column. Cute as a button.

5 Likes

Yes…My first dog was an Old English Sheepdog…She turned crazy after killing chickens, and had to be put down…Then my first Rottweiler Gunnar, when I was first on my own, had one of his pups for fourteen years (the one pictured above…At 11). Then we got Rollo. After Gauge passed Loki needed a home as he was returned…We decided to take him in. Loki turned out to be the biggest suck out of all of them…VERY loving, and affectionate pooch. All four Rotts were great dogs, never caused any trouble…Ever. Great with kids. Top five family dog they say. They also say the reason they could not be in the top 3, was because they would never let mothers discipline their kids…There is something some people overlook with them as well…They will protect your family to the bitter end.

Here’s another one in the Rott column haha.
Rollo as a pup…

Another of Loki…

Either way Schmokey…Good luck with your new addition…I am sure it will be super cute either way…I like Mastiffs myself…But know Rotts have a little longer life span. The Rottweiler also really suits our family lifestyle perfectly.

Kind regards,

K.

12 Likes

Puppy pictures!! Love it.

4 Likes

Every time I leave the room lately my Pug Gordy goes straight for my tray, steals a bud, and runs away to chomp it down. This is the result.

:cowboy_hat_face:

13 Likes

What the Cat sees

10 Likes

Here’s a few pictures of my loyal companion “Max”. He’s spoiled rotten! Wouldn’t have it any other way! :smiley:

18 Likes

Ha!..Gord…What an awesome dog…Cool name as well…

Every one of my dogs has gotten into my bud, had to carry my boy Rollo, out of the bush 9 km’s because of it. What was the funniest, was the old timer that passed, Gauge…He liked everything…uppers, downers…I think his favorite was Coffee grounds…So he was more of a Tweaker in nature…

K.

7 Likes

I know @Kobracom420! Gordy feels no stigma about his cannabis use. We are going through a phase now where every time I leave the room the weed has to be put out of Gordy’s reach. He’s probably eaten a quarter ounce in a week. One bud at a time. Some animals are hard core stoners if given the opportunity.

6 Likes

My Dabby likes to munch on leaves when I’m trimming but doesnt care for buds or smoke being blown at her.

8 Likes

He doesn’t like smoke at all. He prefers your weed as a matter of fact. Have a great day!

6 Likes