Shows us your insect predators!

A robber fly waiting to rob the souls of some insects messing with my cherry pie

After looking at my phone to take a second pic, it faced me bravely

Then took higher ground guard

I also have wasps (the fly), lady bugs (not this year), hover flies, blue dragon flies, and unfortunately didnt start an early weed bush outdoors this year but that seems to attract mantis when you do.
I saw a shiny purple blue black hue tarantula wasp once too I could hear it’s wings buzz not very high pitch like usual fly at all pretty gnarly.

8 Likes

I have had a shit ton of lady bugs and mantis all over my plants, the mantis especially. Not long ago I was catching some Katydid for a pet giant asian mantis that I have and there was a shit load of tiny mantis all behind my barn.

2 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Is that a big ass scorpion?

Lots of Praying Mantis here right now. Heat brings out the spiders and flies to munch.

2 Likes

Ya it’s around 7-8in and likes to climb

4 Likes

7 Likes

Looks like it’s had it tough

3 Likes

@DougDawson , this little green friend says Hi to you.

8 Likes

Is that arachnid just chilling with your cannabis plants?
:scream:

2 Likes

Lol ya does every night, only crushes seedlings if I directly plant in the soil so I have to wait or use pots, it has like a 1.5 inch liner with soil that my bamboo and other plants r in

3 Likes

Thats awesome!

1 Like

That’s awesome bud, thanks for sharing. I sure do miss seeing them around.

1 Like

They all moved here it seems. They like the 95F days i guess. Lots of flies and spiders to munch on.

1 Like

They used to be all over the place here when I was a kid. Same with frogs. Sadly, times have changed. Good to see them still thriving somewhere.

3 Likes