Since when are you on Cannabis scene?

Since 1976 grade 10. Remember 2 or 3 bags of weed during the decades that stood out from the 2 or 3 thousand bought over the years. Funny that, they say how much ‘stronger’ weed is these days…Umm no. lol

2 Likes

1st smoked about 20 yrs ago. Was 15 when i first tried growing. I knew i wasn’t going to get any bud but wanted to see what a plant looked like. It grew to the 3rd leaf set be4 i i pulled it. I started looking everything i could up online to learn. I found over grow and read it religiously. I eventually got my own place at 18. Ordered from hs twice one dp twilight and joeyweed chemo f2 or cross. I was using hardware store stuff to grow n there wasn’t even twist florescent back then (that i can remember). Didn’t turn out but got them to look decent till flower. Important thing is i learned watering and other fundamentals. Then got a new place and bought a 12 bay 4 ft t5 when they 1st came out. I was to scared of high heat of hps and replacing bulbs would have been a pita. Got some dp durbin (1st fem seeds avil) and been successfully growing for 13.

1 Like

I’m game, started smoking at 16, been smoking for 25 years. Bicentennial babie :smiley:

1 Like

it was 06 had my 1st joint decided I would keep smoking. 07 first grow had a party out in the barn was breaking up the weed on a trashcan lid at some point during the night the lid got flipped over and flung seeds and bud everywhere. This was early September parents were out walking around the barn saw a handful of plants about 12 inches tall she brought them and through into the worse hydro setup ever. It was really a great grow really learn so much about hermies. I consider Last year my first successful grow the previous grows all learning.

1 Like

First became a “regular” after blazing up on a ski lift and realizing cannabis cured my asthma in 1991, I’ve maintained my own stash ever since. Also tried to grow in '91 as soon as I found bag seeds, a miserable failure because I didn’t know about the 12/12 light cycle.

No question we are moving towards a day when cannabis goes totally mainstream and inevitably “jumps the shark”. I can already see signs on the horizon! I saw this happen with snowboarding - it made the transition from illegal, cool underground activity to something done by hordes of dorky tourists in about 10 years.

3 Likes

I broke my right leg in two places on a snowboard I’m never, ever getting on another

4 Likes

In fact I’m more likely to skydive or fly an ultralight than snowboard. I can snow ski and ice skate I just don’t need no more snowboard

4 Likes

1974 …44 years…

4 Likes

That’s up there Ray you won’t find alot of guys older around here.

They exist, just not lots of them

Al for a guy who owns 2 small businesses, a full time job, 5 part time jobs, i’ve always hated when people use the lazy stoner stereotype.

7 Likes

I didn’t infer lazy stoner

2 Likes

Certainly not directed at you brother.

1 Like

1991 lol damn the years fly!
I think I started growing between 95 and 98.
Actually it was when ak47 entered the “scene” but not sure exactly (PERMABAKE)
First guy in the tri state area to get it.
Got seeds from Vancouver.

3 Likes

1967 for me. 9th grade I think. Smoked So. American landraces & Mexican brick weed then. Joined the Navy & went to 'Nam in 1973. Smoked (and imported) many K’s of Thai Stick (among other banned substances) between 2 cruises. Had to quit toking in '81 due to my employers random drug testing policy. I retired last fall, and I’m now growing for my wife, following her brain surgery. Cannabis in any form does wonders for seizures & chronic pain. Luckily, we’re legal here, so I’m learning & growing as fast as I can. lol

12 Likes

I was 16 in 1968 and burned my first joint with my best friend. Working on 50 years of burn time.

:smiley:

8 Likes

A Golden Anniversary Trooper!

5 Star Like!

99%

4 Likes

I have loved smoking since the first time at age 10 in 1972. In rural Alabama of all places.

2 Likes

Man, they’ll let anyone on here huh? Good to :eye: ya.

Smoked my first joint in 76, been strain huntin since 80.

9 Likes

Took my first taste of hashish in autumn of 1992. Was 13, creek fishin for rainbows with the fellas. :fishing_pole_and_fish:
A year later, I was hanging around the grow-shop with my birthday cheque from grandma. Begging for cuttings and reading “cannabis culture” leaflets from Marc Emery with all those seed lists!
Luckily, my parents were very Canadian about this obsession of mine.

4 Likes