Since when are you on Cannabis scene?

It makes me question the judgment of this place. :wink:

4 Likes

I am actually somewhat surprised and gratified to see so many geezers here on OG!
:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Iā€™ll be 64 in 3 months and have been smoking since I was 16 (1974 for everyone thatā€™s too stoned to do the math. :wink: )

What makes you think that?!? Do you expect us to use our birth year as an avatar??

And what? We all dead already? I was likely smoking weed before your parents were old enough to vote. Maybe you just think we are not here because you canā€™t picture your Grandpa and Grams sitting around passing a joint. Junior, the marijuana revolution in this country started in the 60s. Did you think we just outgrew it? (My shrink told me a decade ago that I need to grow up and stop acting like a kid. I told here I quit and never brought it up again.)

Kids, they think they invented EVERYTHING. :wink:

3 Likes

Utohh grandpaā€™s off his meds again :nut_and_bolt::baseball::pill::pill::pill:

2 Likes

Hey, us geezers needed to learn from someplace too. I only started growing in December 2000. I learned a lot here back then. I was very pleasantly surprised to see OG back up last year when I was having an undetermined growing problem. I was looking through the saved pages from the GrowFAQ I had from 2001ish. I forgot it was a saved page and clicked on a link and Bingo Bango, I was back at an active OverGrow.

The undetermined problem btw, was thrips with just enough gnats to make me think it was all gnats.

2 Likes

Geezers are good. Iā€™m not to far behind that Mustang.

99% :oncoming_automobile:

1 Like

Nah, Just razzing Uncle Al a bit. Personally, it never surprises me to see someone my age or older is a stoner. As I said The American weed revolution started in the 60s with people that were only about 8 years older than me. Iā€™m still enjoying Mary Janeā€™s company, why wouldnā€™t they?

3 Likes

the herb was widely used before the 1960s

3 Likes

This is very true. But the free love movement brought weed with it and suddenly people are openly defying the DEA (or whatever it was called in those days) and pot suddenly is a much wider movement than it was before. The folks that used it previously were being open about smoking weed, hippies were everywhere. There was and it was an in your face news topic everyday for years. The there were magazines dedicated to weed. A national organization was born with only one goal: reforming marijuana laws.

Iā€™m not suggesting that the 60s were the start of getting high. They were the first steps toward what now seems like a very real possibility of nation wide legalization. In the 70s, when I found weed, I never thought the nation would even, at best, decriminalize it during my lifetime. That was the goal to make in those years.

This is what I mean when I say it started in the 60s. Before the Prohibition, cannabis was used to make the same kind of tinctures and drops and teas the medical cannabis people are doing with it now. Mankind has a 5000 year plus relationship with cannabis.

What kills me is how it took only a few years to get the prohibition of alcohol repealed (in the US) but it has taken nearly a century to get this prohibition fixed and will probably be a bit longer yet while the Keebler elf that thinks ā€œThere is no such thing as a good person that smokes marijuanaā€, is Attorney General. I kept hoping the Pussy Grabber in chief was going to fire him over his recusing himself from the Russia investigation. Going to be interesting to see how Sessions handles VT legislature legalizing on their own without one petition being presented!

Oops, digressing.

2 Likes

his job seems to be to whine about how much he doesnā€™t like weed! I think they took a bunch of money from the drug companies and want Pfizer to feel like theyā€™re getting some mileage out of all that bribe money.

2 Likes

Yeah, politics as usual. Nothing surprising there. The great American company governmentā€¦

Ruining countless families with their own hard earned tax dollar.

First joint is a nice story that I still havenā€™t told to many peopleā€¦ it was in 85, I was 12 and i was given a piece of black/Charas (dont really know, it was super soft and spicy)passed me ā€œtongue to tongueā€ from a ā€œbigā€ girl (she was like 21/22) that used to do pet grooming @ my cousin vet shop and that enjoyed to play with a toy youngling ā€¦ lol
I went home, called a older school m8 that was actually able to roll one and we got really stonedā€¦no, waitā€¦ wrecked is more correctā€¦ Lol !!!
With a jumpstart as this, no wonder that before being 14 I did smoke joints dailyā€¦ :smile: :smile: :smile:

Then itā€™s been hash 99,5% till 2000 when I did start growingā€¦
Ds

5 Likes

First puff was summer 1987. Had some of a friends dads stash. That doesnā€™t stand out as much though as one afternoon a few months into jr. high school. We had what was called ā€œchocolate Thaiā€ and literally it made one black out and not remember much if anything. Shit was something else. No real memories just a memory that I remember I didnā€™t remember anything. Oh, and born the same year Vietnam ended.

Cheers

2 Likes

First joint was at 12 years old. 1999. In 2001, at 14, I figured out that the seeds I had been throwing away could be turned into more bud. Found the original OverGrow. Learned so much from some of the biggest names in cannabis. Been growing ever since. Have been in dispensary ops since 2013. Itā€™s nice when things go according to plan.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been here since Zig-Zag Wheatstraw rolling papers and weed sold in matchboxes! (60s) Itā€™s oleskool! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

4 Likes

OG smokers, Pun intended,

For real though even OG.com has VERY MUCH grown in the last year aloneā€¦ All these threads being bumpedā€¦ nice to see more and more people show up as the vibe is still very positive. GG mods.

3 Likes

cool looking papers! what did they cost a nickel? :smiley:

2 Likes

back when people picked up pennies. rofl.

2 Likes