Skunk#1 auto seeds under 300w cfl

I am a total newbie wen it comes to growing I have just planted two skunk#1 auto seeds do I put the straight under my 300w duel spectrum cfl or do I wait till they have sprouted above the soil any help would be appreciated

5 Likes

You can wait until the seedlings pop up above the soil. Good luck with your grow !! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh I think after 1 day yes but 50%less but always is better after 1 week crank up light

3 Likes

I like the light on right away, it helps create a little top heat.

4 Likes

Seeds need darkness and warmth to pop out of the soil, humidity too.

I do 21~25Celsius, 80% RH and no light at all. Once they show cotyledons (little round leaves) put under light immediately.

HppHrvst

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply I think I will keep in dark until it sprouts the put under light wot distance from the pot should I position my duel spectrum 300w cfl and would 18 on 6 hours off be the right lighting schedule?

2 Likes

CFL’s are not very hot, place them close to the plants, but not too close so they get burned, The back of your hand should provide a good measurement tool to asses whether it’s too hot or not…

3 Likes

I don’t follow the common advice of starting seeds in towels or napkins in the dark. Mine go straight into rock wool cubes and under a t5 placed about 18 inches from them. Raise humidity and let go until they pop. After the first shoots start to show, after coteldons appear. Light gets put closer, just above the dome of humidity tent. T5 doesn’t run hot at all. I’ll let them grow into the light, even touching it until all seeds are about the same height. Kind of a forced technique maybe? I also run veg lights 24/7 until they get moved to flower. Good luck. You’ll be successful! Take your time, be patient and eat a hearty breakfast.

Cheers!

4 Likes

As soon as I put my seeds into my soil-less medium to germinate, they go right under my lights. I use T-5s and T-8s.
I put them within an inch or two of the bulbs right from the start.

7 Likes

Right, see seeds in nature don’t go in paper towels in the dark. Under the soil is dark enough.

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies I have put the lights on today as both were standing above the soil but I think my temperature could be high here is a pic of my thermometer display

Wot do u guys think

2 Likes

If you can get it closer to 25°C it will be a bit better, the RH is spot on for veg. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Which temp r u looking at the top or bottom?

2 Likes

The top says inside, i assumed that was the one i should look at. If the inside is 33, your plants are too hot. 25°C is about the sweet spot.

2 Likes

The top temp says in and the bottom says out I am not sure which one I should be looking at

2 Likes

Usually ones like that have a probe or remote thermometer. Is that probe inside the case? If so, then out is in the case and you need more ventilation

2 Likes

Yeh the probe is stuck to the side of the pot in the tent how can I fetch the temperature down

2 Likes

Do you have a ventilation fan? If not, you need one. If so make sure you have enough intake. Rule of thumb is 2x exhaust size for intake. Circulation fans will help too, get that air moving in there.

2 Likes

No ventilation fan have one fan inside and some of the vents open atm wot ventilation kits would u recommend?

2 Likes

this is wot my thermometer display reads is it to high I am not sure which one I should be reading plz help

2 Likes