Skunk City, Elite Skunk Genetics

This summer season, I decided to grow out a bunch of Skunk Genetics; primarily consisting of Elite Skunk strains. This will be my first grow journal, and will post progress throughout the season.

As I got back into growing (after being out of the scene for a while), I originally purchased all the Hype strains, Flavor of the Day, “Strain of the Year” - type genetics. And after growing them out the past few years, I found a lot of the current genetics exhibited nice Aromas, Flavors, and Looks - but were missing the High Power Potency Strength of the strains we had back in the 90s. And as I dove down the rabbit hole of the internet - looking for seeds, it wasn’t easy to find anyone with old school genetics…And so my hunt began.

For this season, We’re going to see the following genetics:
Sweet Skunk IBL - Peak Seeds Canada repro
Skunk x Haze - Authentic Genetics hybrid
Super Skunk x Big Bud - West Coast
Cali-O - West Coast Original
CheeBa Skunk, RudeBoi Skunk - DPH
Ultra Early Love Skunk - Seed Heaven
Cholo Breath, Swamp Lilly, Shawa, No. 2 - Hyp3rids
Limonata x Puck Hashplant - Pagoda
'96 Kentucky Red Hair Skunk x Puck Hashplant - Pagoda
Faifax 4-Way x (UK Cheese x Uncle Festers Skunkbud) - Pagoda
Sweet Skunk - Authentic Genetics
Super 91 x Green Crack
Schwaggy’s Skunk #1 (Green Crack x Skunky D)
BC Big Bud, Ambrosia, God’s Green Crack, Crack Berry - J.O.T.I.
and other REAL SKUNK genetics…

26 Likes

Oh yeah nice :slight_smile: I am on the Skunk ride this season as well!

All the best for your search!

I have few M39, Lost Skunk and Old School Skunk Bx

And I am a UEL lover :slight_smile: really courious about the UEL X Dart :slight_smile:

Peace

4 Likes

I have a bunch of Skunk to grow out as well…just won’t have the space till early next year. They’re hybrids but the breeder is an old-school dude who knows what he is doing so I’m sure they will be awesome.

Here’s a list, all regulars

Black Skunk
Black and Blue Skunk
Pineapple Skunk
Gorilla Skunk
Ancestral Skunk
Fester’s Skunk #18

Stay posted in the future for Grow Diaries…

10 Likes

Here’s some EARLY pics - sprouts are up!

And here’s something new for me: two (2) sprouts from one (1) seed. This one is the original recipe Skunk #1 from Hyp3rids (2023 recipe from scratch). They took an original Afghan, crossed to a Colombian Gold, and then crossed to an Acapulco Gold, here’s the strain lineage: [(Mazar-i-Sharif x Colombian Gold) x Acapulco Gold].

'96 Kentucky Red Hair Skunk x Puck Hashplant - @PAGODASEEDS did the breeding work. The Kentucky Red Hair Skunk is from Old School Chronic, and the Puck Hashplant is from Crickets and Cicada Seeds - was told that the Puck Hasplant really kicks up the potency of the old KY Red Hair Skunk.

…Sprouts moving right along…

Some Ultra Early Love Skunk (Seed Heaven), and NL#5 x Haze

Here we have Skunk x Haze (Pagoda) on the left, and BC Big Bud (Jordan of the Islands) on the right.

Sweet Skunk IBL (Peak Seeds repro - from Canada)

Top Shelf of the Germination Chamber, with a few sprouts of some really Old School Genetics in the center: California-O, Kodiak Gold. I only have one of each, with a few more beans remaining in the vault. They were old seeds, and will need help germination help in the future.

Cali-O

Kodiak Gold

Here’s a Skunk #1 that “self topped” itself

Sprouts are now bursting out of the Germination Chamber …will be going outside very soon.

23 Likes

@CalleMinogue

Yes, I’m happy to have the UEL x Dart strain. I’ve heard great things about the UEL - along with it’s Colombian ancestry; combined with the DART (Afghani) looks like a great combo for sure. Should be some nice green Skunk.

Seed Heaven gear is awesome - have always had good results with their genetics.

I grew out the M39 hybrid they had a few years ago - Gonzo #4 (M39 x Sour Bubble Bx3) - it was Excellent smoke! The buds looked like indoor quality - grown outdoors in New England. Buds were superior - frosty, sticky, aromatic…everyone who tried it, loved it. It was a great plant, healthy, vigorous, strong - it thrived outdoors, had no issues whatsoever. The effects were a good head high, but also strong body stone as well - very giggly bud - like laughing gas - made everything “funny”. :yum: :+1:

7 Likes

@Curmudgeon

That’s a nice list of skunk strains for sure, especially if they were made from old genetic lines. Not so easy to find good Skunk and Skunk Hybrids, will look forward to seeing you grow some out in the future.

On my quest for Skunk strains, I did acquire some more “new” old genetics as well - but won’t get to them this season. I picked up the following strains for next round:

Giesel Skunk
Uncle Festers Skunkbud #18 - The Nature Farm
80’s Skunk (RKS) x '95 Silver Haze - TNF
(also a bunch of Uncle Festers Skunkbud Hybrids from them as well)
UK Exodus Cheese - Kaliman Seeds F2 repro
UK Cheese x GG #4 - DPH
GG #4 x Skunk #1 - DPH
Orca Road Kill Skunk - Swami Organic Seeds
(was talking with GAS, he said it was made using Heime Cheeba’s Road Kill Skunk - so should be interesting - it’s a mix of his Blue Orca, RKS, Mexican, and Humboldt Road Kill Skunk all mashed up)
Aladdin’s Skunk - Khalifa Genetics
Original Skunk #1 - Authentic Genetics
'91 Chem x Island Sweet Skunk - JAH Seeds
Acapulco Gold - Mexican Landrace IBL
Sterling-95 - StrayFox Circle of Blessings (Sterling Green Skunk x I-95) The Sterling Green Skunk is a TRUE old school skunk out of Massachusetts. I had my eye on this for a while, and my usual go to GLG is already sold out. And as I browsed the web looking, I did find it on another site - so, I placed the order!) I hate when I see a strain I want, but take a minute to decide, and once I go back to the site - it’s SOLD OUT!
Super Skunk Y2K - Lucky 13 Seeds

…wish I had some UK Exodus Cheese this season, but the few beans I had, I was saving for an indoor run. But while hunting Skunk, I did come across a few other breeders using their own genetic line that has been thoroughly hunted, tested, etc…So that will be a future journal as well.

5 Likes

Looking forward to following along with this. I have plans to do something similar in the future. I miss the old school skunk. I grew up in Virginia so the few times I was able to get Schuyler Skunk as a teenager are still memorable decades later.

2 Likes

Hey pals, it’s very cool to see so many Skunk lovers on here and I wish you all awesome grows with your Skunk variations and experiments! :innocent: :green_heart:

I would also like to do some fun things (growing for my own use, but also pheno hunting and the cross-breeding) with Skunk genetics. Can anyone recommend some good and solid low-budget and most important Skunk, SuperSkunk or similar regular non-feminised seeds that are availabe in EU?

I had the following strains in mind:

Dutch Passion Skunk #1
Dutch Passion Shaman
Dutch Passion Orange Bud
Mr.Nice Shit
Nirvana Skunk #1
Nirvana Skunk Special
Nirvana Super Skunk
Sensi Seeds Sensi Skunk
Seedsman Original Skunk #1
Seedheaven RK62 Skunk
Spliff Seeds Skunk no. 1
Spliff Seeds Super Skunk
HG Fantaseeds Homegrown Skunk #1
White Label White Skunk

Of course I’m also open for other strainrecommendations, these are just the Skunks of the european-based seed companies that I heard of the most and some variations that I find particularily interesting. Can anyone recommend one or more of these? If someone maybe already had any of these and would be open for trades, please PM me if you don’t mind :slightly_smiling_face:
Best regards,
ossi :blush: :skunk: :green_heart:

@ossi_grower Lucky13 seeds do a real nice Super Skunk, ReeboMan on Strainly has a Kentucky Red Hair skunk. UGORG have a Blues/Liver IBL line and a Cheese X Blues line, So very skunky lines.

3 Likes

Hi T - Hawk,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry WE was stuffed with exhausting non avoidable…
I’ll guess that you will have a nice Lemon Skunk with that dart :slight_smile:

UEL Crosses are really spot on! Last years I run a few outdoors and they blew my mind!

By the way Arnold is a really kind and honest breeder! He made my inbreeding possible :wink:

This year I am running some of my own UEL inbred work and I found a really interesting phenotype :slight_smile: NLD and lightsensitve AF. Seems like it’s starting or at least heavily preparing with flower now OD‘s :heart_eyes:

Hope you don’t mind if I post a pic ?

Calle‘s UEL

This year my garden is full with double serrations :slight_smile: M39, Lost Skunk and Old School skunk are showing double serrations.

Left M39 and right LS

Do you know what ? I am in love with your veg/mom shelter.

Calle the copy cat saved the pic for my planning :cupid: My wife doesn’t want me to be an OD Warrior for lifetime…

Keep on the good vibe

C

7 Likes

Hi C-Minogue,

Yes - Please join in and post some Skunk pics - I was looking at all those strains (on Seed Heaven), but the UEL Skunk really caught my curiosity. It has the genetic background I’m looking for, similar to the original Skunk. Also, I should have grabbed the Lost Skunk as well - now it’s all sold out. Some of the genetics on the site sell out so quickly; a testament to the quality of the genetics.

My veg/mom chamber - which I call the “germination chamber”, really helps out with seedlings and cuttings, and such. And although it took a little time to assemble, and cost a few bucks (everything all in was just around $100) - it’s a perfect stand alone box, totally light sealed, and perfect environment for “delicate” work of seedlings and cuttings. It’s a 24" x 24" x 48" tent (amazon), and I put a 3-rack wire shelf inside ($25), along with the LED lights which are “linked” together to make things easier (also very easy to disconnect light on a level if necessary). The LED lights were purchased on amazon too ($56) - 6 Pack LED Shop Light 2FT 30W, 4350LM, 5000K Daylight - 4350 Lumens from each light (I have two per shelf), creates a bright warm environment.

The “Germination Chamber” get’s good use, as I start all my seedlings in there. And it’s quite functional - if I have more than just the 3 trays, I turn the tray parallel, and can fit two (2) trays per shelf, 6 trays total, and still have extra room on the bottom level, so I can put either some equipment down there, or I can always put another light in there too (on the very bottom level).

If you want, I can always take some more detailed pics, or provide links to the items purchased. It gets the most use out of everything I have.

Thanks for the pics of the Skunks you have; please keep us posted!

3 Likes

I’d be curious to see pics of and more info about your germination chamber for sure. Planning out the future tents in my space and I have a small space for a 2x2x4 tent for that purpose. Would love some inspiration.

2 Likes

@Jobu

Yes - the chamber is perfect for a space like that - I’ll take some detailed pics, and put them up soon.

I hope to transplant today, so will be more updates in the near future.

3 Likes

Thanks bro that’s really kind of you! Wow 100 Bucks sounds promising :slight_smile: I would love to see it more detailed.

If everything runs smooth I’ll doing a F3 of the Lost Skunk and hand you some over!

I love OD but with intention to work a while with some genetics it’s mandatory to have few m2 available… so my indoor journey is just starting off after my little freezer grow. Today I build up a tent 0,8m2 and took one M39 into it xD

In the last days I tried to get rid of all invasive animals. the roots got an intensive shower and I refreshed as much soil as possible…
The plant was really happy about it :slight_smile:

1 hour ago I finished everything and now I am waiting few hours to check the smell in the room :slight_smile: The selected plant is really danky and is showing a lot more Skunk as NL5 traits!

1 Like

How’s that Kentucky skunk cross doin?

3 Likes

Can you direct me to a link to any more information on the super skunk Y2K and his other crosses I cannot find any girl reports or any info on him at all
If I remember right what was it for 5 years ago there was controversy about him and Duke diamond being legit with their cuts and strains and stuff
I say that as I’m going on burnt brain cells so I can’t remember but if I remember right there was some controversy with these two guys
Thanks I appreciate it If you got the info bad or good I don’t want to pull the trigger by his seeds and they be bad you know Thank you appreciate it

Hey All,
…it’s been a busy summer, and haven’t had time to update this topic, but hopefully this weekend I’ll post most recent picks and updates. The garden has been narrowed down to all Females only, and most are into flower, I have a couple that are done flowering (i.e. Ultra Early Love Skunk).

@Funkwizard333
The two (2) Kentucky Red Hair Skunk are doing “ok” - one (1) was up-planted into a bigger bot, but the other one (1) I kept in the 4" pot from spring. Both of them are really small, although it’s still early flower so I can’t make any conclusions. But I will say this: it’s crossed to a puck hashplant, and that’s going to up the potency significantly; as for Aroma - it’s a bit earthy, hashy at the moment - but still early.

@Koolhandluke1976
I hear you on the whole “controversial” Skunk genetics drama. And out of all the skunks I have going this year - I can honestly say that there’s one (1) in my garden - not sure which one it is, since plants are still close together, and it’s very early flowering, …but when I’m working in the garden, I get a whiff of “Real Skunk” - as I update this topic, I’ll reveal which strain(s) it is. However, all the plants are nice, and although some may not smell like real skunk at the moment, I’m very happy with all of them. I’ll be doing more detailed reviews soon.

And for Luck 13 Seeds Super Skunk Y2k - I had conversations with someone who was in touch with the owner - and we’re putting our trust into his word - so my buddy grabbed a couple of packs when they were first released, and I grabbed one just a couple months ago. It wasn’t part of this skunk hunt - and I picked up a lot more “Skunk” genetics over the past few months - I’ll be doing more hunting for sure. This was my first time looking for the Skunk, and I’ll be doing it again until I find it. Here’s Lucky 13 website; he also has instagram too.

I have no idea about any Drama 5 years ago as at the time I would of been mostly using uk420 and was not actively keeping up with all the Breeder drama.

I just smoked some of their Super Skunk that a friend grew. I can only recommend based on that smoke, The Oz I went through was a proper nice smoke.

Sorry I cannot be anymore help than that.

1 Like

I have these seeds …

from what I read there all different crosses or variants of the super skunk…

they only grew for old-school dank skunk and not for structure or anything else or uniformity…but for that which favored a skunk smell…

Canada always had some dank …I hope you guys find something amazing .my name’s Lou…and I’m a skunk hunter…it’s pretty much my only reason to grow…and experiment.

3 Likes

Gorilla Skunk is killer smelling stuff. Very unique smell, loved it, but wasnt Skunk. Great one to make more seeds of. :100::dove:

2 Likes