Skunk, Skunkiest Landrace

I know some hybryds are uber skunky.
However, what about a skunky landrace? which landrace are the skunkiest?

thanks !

2 Likes

start with afghan. mex can have some garlic funk (Guerrero)

3 Likes

but skunk smell is subjective in weed. thats important point.

1 Like

kandahar afghani’s are said to have skunky/meaty/etc phenos

2 Likes

ya, you will find rottenmeat / halitosis before you find skunk spray in rank afghans

2 Likes

id say forget about skunk, just grow a bunch of good heirloom afghans and you will find cool stufff

5 Likes

You don’t find it in narrowleaf tropicals. It comes from the domesticated hash broadleafs of upland Central Asia, Afghanistan specifically but those type of plants are grown in many neighboring countries. It just happens that Afghanistan is where the Dutch genetics came from.

8 Likes

indian landrace exchange is where would start

4 Likes

nailed it. :partying_face:

1 Like

if you can get it durland line project

1 Like

Seems like the older Afghans had the skunk smells more than modern Afghans. Landraces are constantly evolving and changing. If I were looking for skunk smells today i would look for a short Highland Hindu Kush from a remote area not known for exporting product. North and South Afghanistan farmers grow hybrids.

5 Likes

I think that you could probably find anything you wanted in a large enough population of an heirloom line. I think much is said about certain varieties creating certain chemovars, but cannabis is amazingly dynamic with enough selection pressure.

I’d avoid anything that’s totally tropical sativa, but most lines from central Asia will probably pop out a skunk heavy varietal.

2 Likes

I found some funky rancid trash smells in Afghan Selection Balkh. However, there are other cannabinoids at play, so they must be selected and crossed to another to get you “high”. I assume it contains more CBG, as it’s more of an elated feeling. As for growing a skunky landrace that accompanies a high…prolly not going to happen. I took a Balkhi male “Sump pump” and crossed it to another “tootsie roll” Balkh. I didn’t know it was a tootsie roll pheno, until the progeny were flowered. While dad was rank, mom was neutral. Balkh Nasty 12 smelled like body odor and onions. And when the CBG is mixed with other cannabinoids, the effects are mostly intensified. By itself, prolly considered “hemp” by the uneducated, or the new generational growers.

3 Likes

25% of landrace plants from South Asia are thc dominant. You just have to find one. It happens. I’ve found good ones. Years and years I didn’t find both a dominant high thc female and male at the same time, so i always dealt with cbd or other cannabinoids in some plants from following generations. I finally found both by picking and using my males with hollow stalks. One generation and they were all potent thc dominant afterward. If there is cbd left, it isn’t much.
I have to ask…did you cure your Balkh for 3+months? Needs a good long cure.
Mass Medical found 3 Balkh his first run with thc levels from 14-24%. Probably a flawed test, but for sure potent and high thc.
If high thc potent landraces didn’t exist there would be no Petrolia headstash, x18, deep chunk, etc.

4 Likes