Skywalker OG "Jedi Cut"

Has anyone heard of the Skywalker OG “Jedi Cut”? Trying to find info on it. Apparently from the “Yoda” group. Cant find anything online. Any help would be appreciated.

4 Likes

I haven’t heard of it but it sounds interesting!

1 Like

Only Skywalker I’ve seen is in stores. Maybe its just a naming thing?

2 Likes

strains remind me of general motors at xmas, one xmas my dad and this other guy took a big long label from some plastics started with a X took the label and put it on the vending machine in the lounge, they put it in the hot water slot, which was almost never used, the machine was sold out of hot water in 15 mins.

3 Likes

theres a skywalker kush that is a cannabis cup grand champion award winner, think the seed bank is out of cali

1 Like

I have a Skywalker Kush cut from High Desert Relief that is tough to beat. Not sure where they sourced the cut, best I could get for an answer was it came in when the club opened.

12 Likes

Skywalker is a great plant if you get a winner , has a heavy la confidential taste going on.
So there was a OG grower in the valley named Luke , the cut originally came from him or so the story was told. That’s why the Skywalker name you know Luke skywalker. I grew Jedi kush before it was ever released and I doubt it has been , I was told that was named after a person. The Jedi and Skywalker are different , the Skywalker looks more like a traditional kush but has a diff flavor. The Jedi has smaller nugs on a incredibly fast growing spindly plant that taste more if sweet green bud then a musky kush. I have some Yoda seeds to go threw at some point, the guys that gave me that cut originally said to never call it that because it was tied to some drama, might have been bs but I dident care for the plant much so it died and I moved on. There all come out if a specific group of people who were growing different og plants early on.
I grew one from reserve privada and it was spot in , dident keep her and the next three seeds have grown nothing like it.
That’s a great one to have for the taste alone :+1:

9 Likes

This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I will post pictures when they are flowered out. OG on the right and the one in question on the left.

6 Likes

Whisper sweet things to her and ever so gently bend her over.

Blessings…
:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Sorry I’m late to the party on this thread.
We had a cut in Colorado we called the yoda it put out three finger leaves quite commonly. I had it going for about seven years. I got the cut from some growers from Florida that moved here. Supposedly came from some dudes in cali.
I was gifted a bag from a reputable grower in the four corners and he had the same cut. It has a note of eucalyptus and strong OG.
Lost my mom a couple years back in a hailstorm.Going through bag seed right now to see what she gave birth to in those years.

6 Likes

What’s interesting is Jedi kush was different then skywalker or yoda, a story once told was the Jedi was actualy named after a guy in laytonville named jedidiah who got the cut from some guys who funded his grow. He was not supposed to let it out but started selling clones , next thing you know he came up missing and his grow was burned to the ground.
Sad thing is the cut was not that special it just finished fast and grew really fast in veg. Everything north of Sonoma county used to be the Wild West in ways people who haven’t been there would never understand.

4 Likes

I had a lot of people trying to get a cut of yoda from me but never did give any out, except to the guys I got it from.
It’s always been sketchy to be generous in this game.
I give my seed away and always tell them to just kick me a cut. I have got some smoke back but never the cut I asked for…
It’s hard to find true friends as a grower

3 Likes

Yoda was available as a seed line in the early California medical days it came out of the San Fernando valley. Having people know you grow has always been better left on a need to know basis and very few actually need to know, like nobody who is not directly involved in the grow. There is way more negativity that can come from people knowing then positivity.
On another note , Jedi could have been a version of skywalker hunted from seed , it had similar flavor profiles but much different bud structure. What ever it was some people made a lot bigger deal about the cut then necessary. Maybe it was all a made up story , but I never doubted it based on how crazy the north coast is and used to be. I’ve seen people shooting at each other from across the road because somebodies dog got loose and killed a couple chickens.

5 Likes

I feel ya there. I’ve tried to set up a couple of people to be a part of a group to share cuts and grow testing info. Nada.

What part of the state are you in? I’m around Trinidad in the south on I-25.

1 Like

Jedi Kush- it’s been a while since I’ve seen that around! :fire: :fire: though and all nugs were fat!

https://instagram.com/p/BY2FolPBt7I/

https://instagram.com/p/BY2Fac3hVgR/

1 Like

Worse here now than it was 20 yrs ago…
got a male out of my yoda bag seed so got him stuffed in with its sisters right now to see what goodness might pop up.
Plus no one can get mad at me for bag seed

3 Likes

Are you in NorCal ?

Colorado, Boulder county

1 Like

I’m not to familiar with Colorado but have heard some areas can get pretty bad in the cities and very rural in the outskirts.
Northern California is really hard to explain , it’s hard to believe it’s real , it’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever lived but I highly encourage anybody who visits to stay on the paved roads and stick to the common tourist locations. It’s very easy to wonder off exploring and never be seen again.

4 Likes

Old friends of mine have been putting in work out there since the late nineties Ive heard stories and met plenty of shady folks from there. Don’t really talk to them anymore because they were getting into the harder stuff. I guess legalization messed up the market and they would trade for blow or whatever. Saw one at a string cheese show a while back…
I’ve always just been a head stash dude. Gift more than I smoke most of the time
Making money off it has never been my thing

3 Likes