Small Perpetual Grows, what’s in your rotating garden?

Just wanted to see if there are any perpetual growers out there, and what tips they may have.

Here’s what I am doing these days.

7 Likes

I finally finished building my second flowering box a while ago and a veg room big enough to supply both bud zones.

I’ve got one going with girl scout cookies and a few other strains at 3 weeks now and will be filling the other with clones of guava 99 soon so I can hopefully get on a harvest every month schedule.

I left extra space in my new flowering cab so I can always be sexing new strains and test running them in there as well.

I have a bunch of orange goji and blackberry breath seedlings that I’ve just cloned, they’ll be chucked in there tomorrow or the next day to sex them out.

My end goal is to have a few mother’s I like running perpetually, and fun new stuff always going on the sides as the endless hunt continues lol

4 Likes

Same here , want to have every strain in RUSh ‘passage to Bangkok’…lol, all the primo stuff I used to score in the 80’s. My unicorn is an old Michigan strain called Monkey Paw. Word is a few people have saved it but can’t get a line on it.
I’ve heard good things about that Orange Goji, before I started on here. Love to score a few seeds next time some one does a run.

4 Likes

Ya I’m excited to try it for sure. Can’t say I’ve heard of monkeys paw, do you know anything about the history of it?

2 Likes

This is where I’m at also.
I currently run a 2’x3’ space for flower and a 2’x2’ fridge for seedlings/veg. Have 19 strains on the go right now. Seedlings start in solo cups, move into a 1 gallon fabric pots, vegged for another few days to a week then put into flower. Tired of culling males and stuff. Going to hold a couple moms and clone the shit out of them…but for now I’m having fun running many strains. Tomorrow the expansion starts. Got another marshydro TS1000 delivered today. Going to clean out the closet beside the one I’m using. Each closet is 2’ x 5’ x 7’…so lots of lights and space to play with!

4 Likes

Man that all sounds familiar. Solo cups are just my favorite lol, I use them for seedlings, cloning and sexing/test running new seeds. They’re so handy and help keep things clean.

19 strains is out of my league, but I was doing 5-6 at a time for a while there. Going forward I’m going to focus more on starting a bunch of one or two things rather than 2 or 3 seeds of many different strains. Seems like the best way to avoid all males and also find potential keeper phenos.

You’re gonna love the extra space…will you split it into a veg and bud area too, or give them each their own closet? My newish veg space is as big as both my bud rooms and its so luxurious :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Solid dude! JOTI gear? Are you in Canada? It’s almost clone mailing weather…lol.

The solo cups are a very useful tool! Sometimes when I go I to my room it looks like a frat party passed through…lol…solo’s everywhere…lol.
The extra room will be great…I’m just using it for the freakshow seedrun for now…but once that’s finished I’m going to use it for mothers and clones. Run about 20 plants in flower at a time (4 rows of 5) so a good supply of clones is key. Love the thought of harvesting a plant or 2 every week.

I sometimes have a little too much to drink…so I enjoy having either walls I can lean on or rooms big enough I can fall and not hit anything…lol

3 Likes

It’s on Leafly , I had some red monkey paw from dispensary, nothing like what I remember. Supposed to be three way cross of columbian gold x Afghani kush x Acapulco gold

4 Likes

Ya they’re f2s (I believe) I got from mongobongo, and ya I’m a canuck here haha. I’m excited to see them go, it’s a very unique looking strain. I’ll be flowering them tomorrow and beginning the cull :palm_tree::coffin:

4 Likes

I could never do a tent I lean in and my back or hip goes and my whole grow is smashed by “Clodzilla”… much respect for what people do on here in small areas. I have around 900 sq ft with 10’ ceilings…:crazy_face:. Flower is partitioned down to 6x8x9, veg/ mothers is 5 x 8 and seeds and clones 3x5. Have 6x6 picture window south facing in barn loft tented around for keeping males and seeding. “ “love nest”

2 Likes

i have a 4x4 veg tent and a 4x4 flower tent. i recently started using a 24x16 cupboard for germination and rooting clones with great success. right now i have 7 plants in flower but its a mix of 1g, 3g, and 5g pots… once i harvest the two 5gal pots i will only use 3gal or 1gal pots and fit 8-10 smaller plants and harvest two plants every 2 weeks or maybe 1 plant per week, i want to grow a higher number of smaller plants so there’s less veg time and i don’t have to worry about tomato cages or tying shit up when it starts flopping…

i only have 4 strains in my flower tent right now but i have 8-10 more strains in my veg tent ready to go

my flower tent was dark basically all winter. next week will be the first harvest of my new perpetual cycle.

5 Likes

My last Chemo got the chop…was gonna keep him around for pollen, but I’ve got a pretty good stash of pollen going. Officially down to 18 strains. :frowning: lol
4 males out of 4 seeds…fuckin snake eyes…for me anyway

3 Likes

Yeah I am thinking of going down too ones or threes. With keeping them stocky I don’t think I’ll outgrow 3’s doing test run in clear pot on my Purple Thai. Good roots halfway through.
Where you guys located in Canada? I’m in Detroit. .

I’ve always had a pension for variety. My veg chamber is loaded with various strains in various stages. Anytime I pluck a plant or more, there’s some ready to roll. I only grow in cups, even in flower. In coco there is no limit to your root zone, just added feed times per lights on.
I have 15 strains bonsai, where it’s time to flower I’ve already backed up the flowering plants so my line is protected.
Don’t get me started on feeding all of these various stages of plants, but I’m working on making that easier

2 Likes

Yeah it’s addictive and I just started running stuff for me instead of commercial. Love my GG4 as meds but I’m almost sick of seeing it, will always have a mother of her (would love to banzai my mothers. And plan on some landrace pollinations for preservation and have seeds to play with.

Was such a joy watching my Purple Thai grow as its different from the poly hybrids. I’m used to running in clone and go 15-20 plant flips, feeding nute and light pigs until they were fat enough for slaughter. This was the first seed I germinated since 3rd grade. Was from a nice 1/4 I got from dispensary. Getting near the end I was rolling a joint and thinking how it would be nice to have a cut of this in my garden. Right at the moment I was doin a final wrap and lick I hear Ting, ring on my alum tray, 1 lone early seed. Just for shits and giggles I threw it in a paper towel…beautiful, thick, symmetric plant starting to close up nudes nice for a Sativa x.

1 Like

Day 32 4/20 everyone. Just getting things dialed in and popping seeds to fill the veg room. The “Stalking” training seems to have taken well on all the plants. Stalks at base are 1/4” with a nice taper and bulking up daily with 2 1/2” growth and bushing up since potting 6 days ago.

Just worked a deal for some nice genetics for next seed drop, triple cross of the Durban Poison on the market as test run for breeder. And some SE Asian first x’s. A bit of old school kush too. Also have some bag seed from a farm in Washington vintage 70’s coming in for my mystery category, things should get interesting. Let’s Play “Name that plant!” And a plant I’m working on for the new kitchen…happy wife, happy life…happy 420, fire it up!!