So anyone know anything about columbus ohio or surrounding?

Trapped here for 2 weeks for work and know absolutely no one or anything about the place. Have a female friend in Mansfield and she wants me to go over there but that’s a couple days off fun at most lol what’s there to do around this place? What’s the bs covid rules on masks and do no gun signs hold force of law here? I’m fl they don’t bit need to check for here

2 Likes

Columbus is cool.

1 Like

Its only misdameanor if your told to leave an antigun establishment and do not leave. I carry my firearm in business that have no guns signs all the time. As long as they dont notice and tell ya to leave your fine. And as long as you leave once they notice you are good. But, if they notice you aint carrying correctly anyways.

3 Likes

If you’re looking for some good food. Check out wings and rings over around Reynoldsburg.

Don’t go to Mansfield unless your female friend is Hot. That place sucks. They call it “Sunny Mansfield” for a reason and it is not sunny. They do have the Shawshank Prison in Mansfield. The Ohio State Reformatory is where they filmed the movie. Mansfield is where “Brooks” hangs himself in the movie. Downtown. I have a military buddy who lives there.

I don’t know if you like flowers. (I’m a bearded veteran who loves flowers.) They have one of the largest rose gardens in the US in Columbus. It has a 2 mile walk and over 14000 varieties of roses. Might be fun if you have nothing to do. Also, go to German Village and go eat at Schmidt’s Sausage Haus und Restaurant. Amazing German food. And German Village is a cool area to walk around and get a coffee. They have my favorite book store in German Village. The Book Loft Columbus.
I went to Ohio State…as you can tell.

8 Likes

You make Columbus sound awesome, I wanna go now haha

2 Likes

welcome_to_mansfield
if you are in Mansfield see if you can find some Gross Water, and be sure to stop by the Wiener King :monkey_face:
https://www.richlandsource.com/area_history/mansfield-s-grossvater-the-legend-the-beer-the-joke/article_351c97e0-b371-11e7-852f-43befaabfae9.html

5 Likes

What’s that in the pic brother?

1 Like

That’s the huge grain elevator in downtown Mansfield. LOL It’s so pretty!

4 Likes

Do not know if you are a big football fan, but you are about 1.5 hours from the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. Might be a good weekend trip.

I’ve noticed the sights here aren’t much to look at. Hell ain’t even seen many good looking women yet

I’ll pass on that, no nfl for me

1 Like

Schmidts is great. Havent been there in a long time. Great beer selection and they use to have a cool beer sampler you could order. And the cream puffs were good and i dont even like pastries. Lol

There some cool head shops on high street in the campus area.

3 Likes

Yellow Springs, OH (where Dave Chapelle lives) is only like 45 minutes away. It’s got lots of that stuff too.

2 Likes

I actually drove past that thing yesterday going to my friend’s place. Going to the prison tomorrow with her and her boys

1 Like

good old Mansfield. I spent a week there one night. :monkey_face:

2 Likes

That’s what last night felt like, ole girl got me hammered! I did get offered a place to stay while I’m here instead of this hotel. If it weren’t an hour from where I’m working I’d take her up on it, still might if things go the right direction lol

3 Likes