SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

These lights are awesome ! I am so happy I made the investment .,the buds are gorgeous and perfectly formed…production per watt I think is going to be ridiculous… Here is some very blue, blueberry cheezecake , and a picture of the girls as I harvest my way thru the garden

ue

7 Likes

@Fresherbs can you cite your source you are showing here?

I’m hesitant to prolong this discussion much more (perhaps it deserves it’s own thread), but it’s this kind of research that regularly gets extrapolated and conflated from general botanical and agricultural research to cannabinoid production - which face it folks, we are creating cannabinoids, flavored with terpenes, not leaves, stems, seeds, plant mass, etc. that are often the goals of other common crop production.

Cannabis, and cannabis producers, are different from other crops and farmers, and until these research-based suppositions are borne out in repeated, documented applications to cannabis in actual grow environments, they are just suppositions. Often baseless suppositions pushed by somebody with product to sell. Like far-red boards.

When we see repeated proof of value, we will offer them. Until then, for those who want to experiment, Growmaus offers an expensive quality far-red initiator puck. Post your results here at OG, controlled for the main growth factors - strain, light, water, nutrients, medium, temps and humidity, etc. If you can get a repeatable beneficial result with a 10%+ delta between control and far-red grows, you’ll get my attention.

-b420

7 Likes

You are doing us proud @nitro . Really killing it.

It’s worth noting that Nitro is using SolSheet Xs running off split 320w Mean Well drivers, so with the typical Mean Well overdrive he’s using only about 180 watts per lamp. Perfect for high-efficiency, high-output operation, and clearly all the plants need.

We sell a lot of 240w drivers with our SolSheet Xs, which can operate up to 280w, but we recommend 185w drivers for this reason - it’s all your garden needs.

6 Likes

Yes, I’m thinking we should move the relevant posts on PFr/Pr to another thread before it goes too far off-topic. I’ll move them for you if you’d like. I do think the topic is a good discussion topic.

4 Likes

Read spear

@Baudelaire

2 Likes

I thought those pages looked familiar! I read this book too and what I have noted with these types of books is there is A LOT of conjecture and that to best employ yourself in this endeavor one may need to read A LOT of different stuff from different perspectives to best ascertain what is right for your particular needs. On another note, I also love my lamp, thanks @Baudelaire!

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words ! I’m definitely happy !

2 Likes

Here is a shot of my finest diesel… dried first time before a sweat… crystal development is insane !! I love these lights !!!

10 Likes

So teoreticaly. If I would switch my plants to a 12/12 phase and I would Flash the Lights for 1 minute after 6 h of darknes, they would never start to flower? Hm? :joy:

I am almost done on my curent grow with 12 3500k strips and 2 far Red strips. The quality of the plants is incredible. I will try to take some decent Photos later this week.

I have mean well driver 480w and when I put it ON max 5 weeks ago, it showed me 497 wats and now its 480w. is it normal, that its lower? Thanks @Baudelaire

3 Likes

“Theoretically” yes; practically, I’d use a longer lights-on period, like 15-30 minutes. Very brief flashing might promote intersexual expression rather than suppress bloom response. But a solid, short-term interruption in the dark period will keep plants in vegetative phase indefinitely. I use a 6 on/6 off/6 on/6 off schedule to maintain my mothers in vegetative stasis and have for years. But I’ve also used other dark-period interruption schedules such as 12on/5 off/2 on/ 5 off, even 10 on/6 off/1 on/7 off.

It is normal for driver voltage to fluctuate 10-15% as the LEDs heat up during the first 15-30 minutes of “on” time. And your Mean Well has voltage regulators and limiters that will work to hold voltage near its rated operating max. Your driver sounds like it’s working well. -b420

2 Likes

So the tally is in … 1547 grams of dried bud using 1294 watts draw from the wall… 1.19 gram/watt , and this is strictly personal so I was very picky on what I put in the jars and still have myself another 8 or so oz of premium popcorn nuggets that I will use for other projects , these plants had trichromes all over them so the resin haul should be insane as well …A cash cropper would include the popcorn nuggets are they are still ripe and fully formed buds but they were on the smaller side …This run had some issues that held it back from its full potential so I am happy with the outcome and as I say I only weighed the premium AAA buds, I have no idea how the rating system works but I used a pretty fine tooth comb selecting what I put into the jars. I also have the buds dried and stabilized to 62% using Bovida packs .This crop was from seed so there was quite a bit of diversity in the production and characteristics plant to plant so a crop with a proven cut would produce a whole bunch better as the canopy could be laid out much better. the smallest plant was just under 1oz and the largest plant was 5.5 oz and of course throughout the 18 plants the production varied greatly …however the overall average per plant was 3.06 oz per plant with 18 plants under 8 SolSheet X …with a canopy frame size of 30" x 108" x 2 …So 370 GR/M2…At 28.3 watts/foot … And hopefully soon I can get a Macro lens and I will shoot a few photos of these buds, some really pretty eye candy here…These lights produce really sweet, super dense buds that are just coated in crystal… bag appeal is thru the roof ! So in the end major props to Photon Solutions for some very nice lights ! I am totally happy I purchased them and can hardly wait to crank up the wattage over a proven cut…

Something interesting to add…I was reading my grow license and it instructs you how to dispose of excess Cannabis should you happen to grow over your legal limit… They want you to mix the bud with cat litter then throw it in the curbiside garbage pickup LOL !

8 Likes

Hmmm. I always thought we were supposed to burn it? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi guys, well, how much height for a tent with 80x80 (cm) and 270w of x2 strips? :thinking:

2 Likes

I have plenty of cat litter. Send overages to me for disposal. Lol

2 Likes

Height is determined more by the strain and growing style. One of the great advantages of SolStrips is their low-profile in height-restricted spaces like tents and cabinets. You’ll only need about 10 cm vertical clearance for a SolSheet or a SolStix rack. Add another 20-30 cm for minimum distance above the canopy at finish. The rest is whatever your plants will need.

3 Likes

Nice, ty sir @Baudelaire :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello I have a question about solstip lights. I have bought SolX3 and currently running 2nd round with them. I have 7 strips in paralel at 320W. I am growing organically using Guanakalong range of ferts. That I use accordingly (once a week suggested amounts)
In grow stage flowers flourish exceptionally. But once I switch to bloom full W flowers tend to have discrapancies… I believe it is Nitrogen they are.missing ( usually around 2nd week) together with Ca ang Mg gradually appearing.
I am keeping the light aprox 30cm above flowers. My feeling is the light is superefficient that it needs to be higher or the amount of ferts must be doubled. Has anyone experienced this? I have changed the ferts…as I initially thought they were inadequate.

1 Like

Hi. We need some Photos and another data. What soil? What pH and nutrient dose? Humidity and flower? I would say too much nutrients or too low.

1 Like

Hi to all,

Can anyone tell me how many hours you can get out of SolStrips if running them at 100%. If in optimal growing conditions (not too hot etc).

1 Like

I have not looked it up, but I expect the MTBF for these LEDs is in the 50,000 hour range or maybe more.

50,000 hours would be about 2000 days if you ran the lights 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Thats about 5 years with never turning the lights off or ten years of constant 12/12 running.

2 Likes