1 Like

That’s with no ventilation :sweat_smile:
Sorry air circulation :open_mouth:

1 Like

Aye it’s cold at the minute here :rofl:

2 Likes

A think it’s getting warmer mesel

2 Likes

Good afternoon everyone. I have a question about the distribution of the strips through the tent. I have a tent 80x80 (cm) and I have 8 x2 strips. I made two drafts of how I think I could distribute them. I’ll be using heatsinks with 7cm width and 46cm lenght (being that they will be 40cm to hold the strips and the other 3cm of each side to hold in the structure).

Option 1

In this first, the structure measures 73.5cm, being:
7cm (sinks) x 8 sinks = 56cm and
2.5cm between each sink, adding another 17.5cm. So the structure is 3.25cm away from the tent doors, and 17cm away from the walls with the fans. But I’m not sure if this is the best setting to distribute the light. Done.

Second option:

Okay, for this second option, I thought about making the structure almost zigzag style, because maybe this way the strips will cover the tent better. Then the odd strips are 10cm away from one wall and 24cm from the other. While the strips are even, they are the same distance, but with the walls inverted, as in the image. The frame is 4cm from the wall of the doors. And this time I added 1cm on each side of the heatsinks to attach to each other, so adding sink + bar we have 9cm. Then, the structure is 72cm longer than 9cm x 8 = 72. The only disadvantage in this option is the assembly of the structure, which I will need to work a little more. Done.

What do you think of the distribution in general? Please comment and let me know what you can. Thank you very much guys. :grin: :sweat_smile::laughing:

2 Likes

Option b would give you better light distribution but to be honest running 8 x2 strips in a 80 x 80 either way you situate the strips will give you more than enough coverage. I run 12 x2 in my 120x120 and each strip is now run at 50w each on a 600w driver. I have a few more strips I could possibly add to my build and run them all at 40w but I’ve got the entire tent covered now and I’m wanting the higher load on each strip to help warm the tent a bit more to help reduce the RH.

@Esrgood4u I forgot to mention, each strip will run at 33.4w on two 120Hc1400 drivers, four strips for each driver. Total 268w … As I have 7sqf, I get 38.2 w / sqf :thinking:

1 Like

Running at 33.4w per strip your lights won’t be as bright and it will not penetrate the canopy as well as if they were running each strip a bit harder. You can see what I mean when you have you build up and running disconnect 2 of the strips temporary and turn the lights on again. You will notice the lights are a lot brighter and will give you better penetration. OR you could buy 2 slightly higher wattage drivers. I think @Baudelaire recommends they be run at 40w each :+1:

Wow, do not say that, I’m already waiting for a 120H driver, now I’m sad hahahahahah. What do you think, then, to increase the tent to 100x100 cm, buy 2 more strips, and connect every 5 in a 240Hc1750 driver? would be 42w per strip, 420w tota in the tent, 39.2 w / sqf.

Another thing, the 80x80 tent is 160cm tall, and was thinking about doing scrog, do you think the penetration would still be weak?

2 Likes

I have a small 60x60 starter tent that I run 4 strips on a single 120w driver. It runs 22/2. It’s perfect for starting plants off in and vegging for a short period but the light is nowhere near strong enough for flowering in my opinion. I’m running 2 fastbuds GSC auto in it at the minute just to see how well they do. They are growing reasonably well and I’m feeding her through a scrog net as she grows. I’ll maybe order a 180w Chinese driver in a week or so and run them at 45w per strip.
There are others on OG members that have more knowledge than me but the way I look at it is light is food for plants so give them as much as you can.

1 Like

How high is the light from the canopy? :smiley:

2 Likes

I situated the light fixed permanently to the top of the tent so I’m not able to lift or lower it. It’s around 20 inches from the canopy at the moment.

The 120w 4 strip light.

Not very bright

3 Likes

Very beautiful and organized, I hope to make something similar. So by researching the values, unfortunately I will have to keep their potency at 33.6. The c1750 drivers are very expensive, and I’m still going to pay the Brazilian tax that practically doubles the value. I will do so, as I still need to buy 1 driver, I will order the 185Hc1400, and buy 1 more strip. Then I get 9 strips, 302w and 43 w / sqf, and I’ll keep the light as close as I can without burning them. A 20 cm (8 ") is cool right?

2 Likes

That seems like a good plan. When you do your build do like I said and disconnect 1 of the strips off both drivers and turn it on. You will notice they are so so much brighter/stronger. Good luck and keep us informed on how it all turns out :+1:

1 Like

“When you do your build do like I said and disconnect 1 of the strips off both drivers and turn it on. You will notice they are so so much brighter/stronger.”

Why does it happen?

2 Likes

As the 6 remaining strips will be running at 40w each (the amount @Baudelaire recommends) more power per strip = brighter stronger light.

Even my connection being in series?

1 Like

It should just be a matter of removing wires from the strip and temporarily taping the exposed wires up. It’s just so you can see how much brighter the strips run at 40w+ each instead of 33.4. My main tent the 12 strips run at a little over 50w each. You can’t look directly at it without eye protection.

3 Likes

A pity the c1750 driver cost more. :confused:

But still thank you very much for the tips buddy @Esrgood4u.

2 Likes

Yeah in the past year I’ve spent around £1000 on lights and light upgrades :rofl: it gets addictive

3 Likes