SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

So am I lol. I’ve been an HID guy for years, I would normally chuck 2 600s in the bud and probably 2 250 metal halides in the veg, but i really want to try LEDs.

I also would love the modular nature of LED strips in these rooms so I can customize light height a bit more across the space. A more full spectrum would be awesome too!

6 Likes

I know this has nothing to do with what you’re going to come up with but I was a HPS loyalist for a good while til I got my SK. The heat isn’t as low as you get lead to believe (with an SK, not sure about these solstrips) but once I got past the heat issue I haven’t looked back. Costs to run are literally half of what that 600W bulb costs to run and I get about the same growth rate as I did from the HPS.

Well worth investing in LEDs IMO. I won’t be going back to HPS after seeing what proper LEDs do.

1 Like

When i was hunting for lights I also didn’t want to wire anything up, but glad I purchased these. Since then I’ve added stix to my setup and awaiting my next rack which arrives next week.

I believe their solsheets would be plug in play, but loving the stix myself.

Cant to see your setup when it’s done!

1 Like

Did you have to make heatsinks for the Stix? Also, was any soldering required?

I hate soldering an am absolutely terrible at it lol

I purchased the stix, heatsinks, aluminum channel predrilled and driver so I can do as little as possible. My next rack I’ll be wiring my own driver, making the rack as it will save a bit and it’s something to do. If a lazy bastard like me can do it anyone can lol.

Just finished harvesting and hit 1.2gpw on 2 plants under 360w. And you’ve seen my over feed plants lol.

My third rack I’ll be adding 2700k and some blue/red spectrum just to see what works best.

3 Likes

Nice thanks…1.2gpw is great!

2 Likes

If you prefer an out of the box, plug-and-grow solution, I’d suggest two SolSheet Xs powered by a single Mean Well HLG-480H driver for your veg space. That would give you up to 600w of dimmable LED over 18 sf, or about 33 w/sf, which is a nice intensity (PPFD) for veg. You’d want to hang the lights at 24", and use 5000K CCT SolStrips for better vegetative development and height management.

For your flower space, two SolSheet Originals run off a single HLG-240H on each side would fill in your “wings” and give you good coverage into your HPS field as well. Our 2700K SolStrips match the HPS spectrum very closely and would work seamlessly with your HPS bulb there.

If you are at all inclined toward IKEA-level assembly, two 36" SolStix Racks with 5 SolStrips each on an HLG-185H driver would also work well in the flower “wing” space, give you more even intensity levels, and save you a few bucks as well.

Please PM me here or at sales@solstrip.com if you’d like a custom plan prepared for your space.
Peace -b420

7 Likes

Great stuff, thanks! I was hoping the expert himself would see this :slight_smile:

I’ll take a look at those options and my budget etc and let you know if I have any further questions.

2 Likes

Free Shipping on SolStrip orders

Just wanted to let everyone know we’ve offering free shipping now on all SolStrip-only orders over $50 to the US and Canada, and $100 to Europe, South America and Australia. This is in addition to our free shipping on all SolStrip products for orders over $500 to the US and Canada, and $1000 to Europe, South America and Australia. Just pick “Free Shipping” on qualifying orders at checkout.

Peace -b420

6 Likes

Great product @Baudelaire. Unfortunately I already built out my tents with LEDs before I found these, but I’ve been recommending them to some of my friends and they’re really happy so far.

2 Likes

I set up a new grower buddy with a Solsheet and he has experienced second-to-none customer service from you guys.

He had a question about dimming his driver last night at some random EST hour and had someone on the phone in minutes. Incredible!

I’ll be setting up all of my future tents with your gear.

3 Likes

Dm sent…

3 Likes

Does anyone have a quantum sensor or know anybody with one? It would be nice to get some PPF/ PPFD measurements on some of the products. Would be a lot easier to make quick comparisons between different lights.

2 Likes

We have an Apogee 520 and have just completed a comprehensive PAR mapping series on our SolSheet O and X models. In the process we acquired and normalized the PPFD data for several popular premium LED lights on the market so easy comparisons can be made among them. I’ll be posting these in a separate thread and at SolStrip.com shortly, but here’s a taste:

12 Likes

Any tests done on individual strips? That looks fantastic for two sheets, but I’m still in prohibition country with a family. When I get a chance to build my system it will be all stealth and small (2-3 sq ft). Still working out what lights/ setup would work best for me

4 Likes

Here’s the SolSheet O - 3 X2 strips, on a Mean Well HLG-150H driver at full power. Keep in mind its a single lamp centered within a 4x4 ft. tent, which I’d never suggest doing, but you get the basic idea. You’d get much better intensity at the edges in a smaller 2x2-4 ft space with reflective walls.

6 Likes

Hey @Baudelaire just wanted to say you have a great product I’m looking at purchasing. I haven’t been able to access solstrip.com yesterday or today with my phone or laptop, just wondering if the site is down or it’s a user error.

Cheers

Stonedmason

3 Likes

Awesome @Baudelaire! Thank you! I’m looking at a franken-ikea cab. Wife wants me to combine a 5x5 shelving system with a 4×2 to create a 4x5 and a 5x2. Hoping to steal the 5x2 when we move. The light footprint would be roughly 2’x1.5’, 3 ft sq.

3 Likes

I’m showing internal server error as well.

3 Likes

Sorry everyone we were doing a little site maintenance and something broke. Should be up and running in less than 24 hrs. In the meantime, PM me here if you’d like a quote or to order.

3 Likes