Currently in the starting of converting a Clarke cmd10 micro mill to CNC. (It's a sieg x1 clone to the rest of the world. Just slapped with another sticker and a chunky price tag)
First port of call was to order the 400mm bed to replace the 240mm that comes as stock. And the lead screw. (I'm hoping to replace the lead screws with ball screws and nuts for a good dollop of anti backlash. Struggling to find an 8mm screw and 18mm nut) that being the largest I can measure it taking. So it may be 12mm screw and mill a ballnut to fit. (Still figuring that bit)
All axes are to be driven by nema23 425oz/inch stepper motors. Although a worm gear may be necessary to account for the added weight on the Z axis.
I had the remnants of an old PC with gigabyte fm2+ Mobo and AMD a4 apu. With I think a GTX 780 GPU. (Unnecessary but why not) still need to grab a stick or 2 of ddr3 and a hard drive then load it up with a 32 bit windows 7 to run either Mach 3 or 4? This is in a basic case that I removed the feet from and marked for holes. (Wrong and drilled them ) either way. It's now fixed to the underside of the 2x4ft dedicated engineers bench from the top side.
I understand this is irrelevant as far as growing and I didn't know how best to categorise the topic so mods feel free to move if deemed necessary. But I imagine 1 or 2 fellow brothers here might wanna peak at this project.
My shed is a shed again now too for those that know me. But new homes for those sneaky strips you see in the background are in progress. (I have to move equipment a bit at a time to not arouse suspicion. At least in my own head anyway).
I'll get a few more pics tomorrow of various bits and when the bed extension lands I'll post the upgrade as I do it.