Sophomore Year!

Hello Overgrow peeps!! I hope everyone’s having a delightful day. Thank you ahead of time for any time and effort spent reading/replying/helping this newbie.
I’m getting ready to start germination on my seeds that I plan to grow outdoors. I thought I would post my seed collection. I’m wondering out of what I currently have. Which seeds would be better for outdoor grow. My garden will be in Southwest Virginia. Last frost around beginning November. Last year was my first marijuana grow. I grew 4 plants outside. 2 Coastal Seed Panama Reds. A Skunk Rose and Guapo Skunk both from The Naturefarm. They all did well. Although not perfect. When humidity increased in the fall. I was teetering on brink of having bud rot. Im new to growing plant. But I’ve been growing Super Chile plants and Heioom Tomatoes. So I’m not starting totally clueless. Here’s my seed collection (I am developing a seed addiction lol). What would be my best 4 choices for outdoor grow in SW Virginia/Appalachian Mountians:

1. ** Zorilla Gold (columbian gold x skunk no.18) 84 to 98 days
  2. ** Silk road skunk (OH x skunk no1 x skunk no. 18) 70-84
  3. ** Holy Communion (Piff S2 x Harlem Dreams)
  4. ** Pineapple Piff (Pineapple Thai × Piff S1/Mango A5) 70-77
  5. ** NYC Haze (Black Haze x Piff S1/A5 BX/Black Piff) 70-77
  6. ** Nigerian Rafiki (Nigerian Haze x (A5 Haze/Thai bx)
  7. ** Hawaiian Haze (Hawaiian Tropical Sativa x nevilles haze.
  8. ** Goat and Monkey (Trinity x Triangle Kush)
  9. ** Riot Seeds Rez Strawberry Diesel F3
  10. ** Riot seed mystery freebie
  11. ** Jack Herer
  12. ** Original Haze
  13. ** Sonic Screwdriver
  14. ** Taleggio
  15. ** Green Crack
  16. ** OG no. 18
  17. ** LA Confidential
  18. ** Black domina
  19. ** Girl Scout Cookies
  20. ** Sour Diesel by blimburn
  21. ** Herijuana
  22. ** Thunderfuck Mountian x Sunshine 4
  23. ** Temple x Afkansastan/X18 Pakistani
  24. ** The Dawgfather (Chemdawg D x Sin City Kush.
  25. ** Ma Gooey x Run Away Bride
    Atomic (CBD) x Cake Fighter THC
  26. ** Pink Monstar “D.W.O.” x Charlotte’s Gift “Relic Seeds”
  27. ** lemon Thai f5 (lemon Thai f4 x lemon Thai f4)
  28. ** Zhang (Vietnamese Black x A5)
  29. ** bandaid haze (cuban black haze cross)
  30. ** Napali Watermelon Hashplant
  31. ** A5 Haze x Nepali Watermelon Hashplant
  32. ** Black Lime Reserve x Nepali Watermelon Hashplant
  33. ** Vietnamese Black x Lemon Thai F4
  34. ** Cuban Black Haze x A5/Thai Bx
  35. ** Piff S1 x A5/Thai Bx
  36. ** Putang Bx
  37. ** Wat Pho temple x A5 haze/Thai bx
  38. ** Atonic (cbd) x Cake Fighter (putang cross)
  39. ** Brown Sugar x Sunshine 4
  40. ** Tres Star Dawg x Run Away Bride (Putang x Cake Fighter)
  41. ** Ma Gooey x Cake Fighter
  42. ** Blue Triangle × Beastie Boy
  43. ** Endless Sunset x Nepali Watermelon Hashplant, Doc
  44. ** Beastie Boy x A5/Thai
  45. ** gsc/Chem d x paki
  46. ** Sour Diesel f2, PiffCoastFarms

Again Thank you for your time and knowledge helping me make an educated choice. I LOVE THIS GIRL!! The right strain takes my life back from Crohns disease/Obstructive Sleep Apnea.

13 Likes

Frost and rot are your two biggest issues.

I’m much further north than you so faster finishing is my biggest priority.

If I were you I’d just pick whichever 4 you like best and run with it. But be diverse about it.

You might get away with hazes. But you might get an early frost. Check flowering times to make sure you’re in line.

The black domina jumps out at me. So does the Nigerian haze.

Hedge your bets and do a little of each.

Best of luck and all the best.

8 Likes

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. Most strain info only gives flowering length. So say a strain has a 10 week flowering time. How does that translate to outdoor finish date? Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

There’s no real way to answer that easily.

Indoors we deliberately flip to 12/12 to initiate flowering. Outdoors it’s not so simple. With strains I’ve grown outdoors they usually start flowering with 13/14 hours of daylight.

So check your daylength at your location and go from there. For me 12/12 starts mid September but I see flowering start mid August. It will be different for you.

I just looked up Richmond daylength and I’d say September 1st is 12/12ish and is as good a guess as any as to when flowering starts maybe a little sooner. So from there to first frost is how long you can flower.

Note: my math is very rough so you might want to double check.

2 Likes

Nice collection. I’m in NE and flowering usually starts outdoors for me the first or second week of August (things usually start happening once we’re back down around 14 hours of sun). I don’t know about how it was down where you were growing but last year was a crazy wet summer for us. In a dry summer I’d be tempted to try some of that Doc D exotic stuff.

Hmm, only 4. Well, the Black Domina does seem like a good suggestion, I’d be tempted to try the Goat and Monkey, and maybe the Ma Gooey x Cake Fighter?

2 Likes

Look at all those choices. I would never be able to make up my mind.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

I’m running the ma gooey x rab right now, I’ve spoken with the creator of RAB and he says it’s his outdoor gem. I’d try throwing one of those crosses out there for sure. I know a good friend who runs green crack outdoors up here in Ontario not sure how similar your region is exactly but I’d be inclined to try those two 100%

1 Like

You my friend have gems! Gems upon gems! That Silk Road skunk sounds epic for a repro! Wow, that’s a special one. If possible please do an adage, I’d kill to grow out some of those, among many others in your collection

1 Like

AWSOME, very useful info thank you.
I was pleased with my first outdoor grow last season. But my first Indoor grow on the other hand. EPIC FAIL… Spider Mites 1 Me 0. Lol, lesson learned. I hope these sativas aren’t too crazy hard to grow.

1 Like

That Silk Road Skunk was a freebie from a Nature Farm seed order. It was good luck. It was one of my first seed orders. I dont think I had even smoked a sativa at that point. Now I know how much good sativas help my Crohns Disease.
The seed addiction is real lol. I spend WAY too much time online browsing, window shopping, so to speak, on seedbank sites. Inevitably, I ALWAYS, find one more cross that looks like potiential fire. The right strains take my quality of life from a daily 3 to a 8. It’s amazing.

1 Like