Soul420's Grow Journal

I’m a newbie so I would love any tips or pointers to help improve my grow. I started a random seeds from nukeheads . I believe I had light burn/ or nutrient burn or maybe both but she looks better . Shes about a month old . Along side of her I have a cookies and cream which is about a weak old and and auto cheese that’s maybe four days old now. Ihave a 300 watt me[Uploading…]meizhi led I’m running in a 4x4 tent.im using fox farms ocean forest soil and for nutrients I’m using nectar for the God’s zues juice and a powder feeding from Green House seed co. I’m learning day by day but still could use some advice tips or pointers from some helpful growers

7 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

Hi @soul420 thanks for posting your grow here. I made it a thread on it’s own. Lots of friendly growers can offer some tips. Your plants look happy and healthy so far.

6 Likes

Thanks man I’m lost how to use this thing

2 Likes

Do you know how much megacrop I should use per gallon?

1 Like

No problem. This thread will get you started. Post progress pictures, we all love to see pics. :grin: I can give you a few tips.

As a new grower, one of the most difficult things to do is water correctly. Watering too often is more common. I like the lifting method. If you take your soil out of the bag and feel the weight of the container. Just pick it up and get a feel for it. Water your plant and lift the container again. Wait to water until it is as light as the first container. I still use this method today.

Another common mistake is loving your plants to death. As a new grower everything is new and you want to do something every day. If there is nothing to do, you can lightly spray them with distilled or filtered water. It’s a bit tongue-in-cheek, but this thread really is valuable advice.

5 Likes

The plants look nice and healthy. Keep up the good work. I use lots of LITFA in my garden for soil drenching and foliar sprays, works like a charm.

On the serious side tho, ocean forest is a pretty hot base to use uncut. I’ve burned established plants before transplanting into straight ocean forest. They pull out of it eventually but it can make some real issues for seedlings.
If you start to see fungal gnats, like ocean forest is notorious for, get some neem oil, mix 1tsp/gal water, and spray the soil every other day or topdress with a little neem seed meal. If you’re using bottled nutes I recommend using the oil and not the meal as to not burn your plants.

Upgrade side note, if you decide to change from the Blurple light to a white led check out SOLstrips. You can get a 240w kit that will blow the Blurple out of the water for like $150-200 if I remember the prices right.

3 Likes

looking good for first try people here will help u out just so good pictures what medium temperature % of humidity wheather from seed or clone all the info you can tell them great community here.

5 Likes

Thanks I’ll try that litfa looking it up now, and I’m sure it’s time to upgrade from that starter light . I’ll look into soltrips. Thanks allot!!

2 Likes

Just to be clear, LITFA is an acronym for Leave It the F Alone. It’s a running joke that it’s an actual product. :wink:

3 Likes

Hehe lol damn :joy::joy: good one

2 Likes

Works wonders in my garden! Highly recommended.

Also MegaCrop is an excellent choice for nutrients and I am running it myself. Greenleaf has a handy feeding chart that is pretty spot on:

https://greenleafnutrients.com/feeding-chart/?v=7516fd43adaa

SolStrips are also an excellent choice that I use as well. They use the same Samsung LM561C diodes as Quantum Boards but are a little more economical and the company is run by our very own @Baudelaire.

Check them out here:

https://solstrip.com/en/

You can get them already built or spec them out yourself for cheaper. The DIY is really pretty easy so don’t be intimidated.

Welcome to OG - look forward to seeing more of your grow!

:dragon_face:

2 Likes

Good job buddy! With a plant like that I think we could bump you up from newbie to apprentice. Can we get some pics of your little one without the blurple light?

1 Like

She’s looking better if you’d ask me. Ill have to take some pics wen the light is off but

she’s about two months now. I have that and my cookies and cream that I topped y And the small one is my cheese auto

4 Likes