Sour diesel/ Cali connection

This is Cali connection sour diesel probably one of the best plants I’ve grown, love all the genetics coming from the USA ,
Really really nice, but I was looking for sour diesel I got in San Francisco last year and this was nothing like it , I’m in Australia and can only access seeds , who has the best representation in seed form , the one I had in the states was the most pungent smelliest weed I’ve ever had and was more of a sativa, Cali connection seemed much more indica and although it was really really nice it was nothing like the one in Cali, does any one have any thoughts on this👍

12 Likes

Wierd, your flowers look more like sfvog, Seed packing error?.

I was thinking cali’s chemdawg4 was similar to sour diesel, just some ideas in my head, if you were going to follow the diesel line try chemdawg4 if the sour diesel didn’t work for you, could have been phenotype variation?.

5 Likes

No it was awesome but didn’t seem anything like sour d in San Fran , I’ve grown humbold em dog which had some similaritys and is chem 4 /OG but it was more insense like flowery no kush like taste at all more like perfume I’m looking for proper smelly fuely sour d, any thoughts on that, and thanks for the reply

1 Like

I’ve also done strawberry banana (DNA) , Cali connection sour kush, reserva privada sour kush , love OG , but haven’t found what I had in the states,reserva strawberry banana is the best and their sour kush so far, I’ll attach a photo they seem like a solid Seedbank, what is everyone in the states into what seed banks are most popular / strains in seed form , Dutch strains are a bit boring at the moment ,America seems to be where it’s at​:clap::clap:

Uploading…

8 Likes

The story i got was that Sour Diesel is a N.Y. Diesel that hermied and viola Sour D was born. I like these lineage stories. Anyone know if this is true? If it is then You should be able to find a Sour D pheno in a N.Y.Diesel seed. This is another example of why Fem seeds could strangle some of our strains. Make sure if you try this the N.Y. isn’t femmed because you will lose a lot of pheno possibilities. As always this an opinion from limited strain and breeding knowledge i would welcome corrections.

3 Likes

When I grew out DNA’s Sour Kosher, it was very similar to the real deal Sour D cut found here in the states. It was sativa dominant and reeked of sour skunk fuel. The flavor stuck to the inside of your mouth, but be careful as the smell travels very far.

8 Likes

The story of our lives… trying to track down an unforgettable moment takes damn near an eternity. Few years back a good brother up north had some diesel going but forget exactly. It was definitely a memory maker. Holding out and willing to part, I’ll ask? I’d have to wait a bit, but a comparison of a grow from same seeds in diff climates would be cool to attempt. Pretty semi-involved process probably (soil, hydro, nutrients, lighting the same…) just location difference. I’m in soCal. Cross your fingers.

1 Like

I would recommend Karma Gentics - Headbanger (Sour D IBL x Biker Kush)

Everything I have read about it, including grow reports, show it puts out decent weight with that sour fuel funk. Placed 3rd in 2013 Cannabis Cup.

6 Likes

Top Dawg has some nice chem and sour crosses too. They definitely have the funk if that’s what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Some weed from cali connection. LVPKxtahoe OG

4 Likes

What was the smoke and flavour like?

Cheers :wink:

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but the cali connection sour d is really sour d x sfv bx which would explain the resemblance

3 Likes

I too am looking for real sour d🤷🏾‍♂️

I always have wondered how these cali connection strains play out since a lot of them are clone only. Sounds like a major crapshoot with what they have to offer- whether you’ll get something that pops from seed close to the traits of the original clone?

There’ll be a real sour d run this winter done.
I have Rez’s sour d ibl which is the mom to Karmas Headbanger

15 Likes

Welp. Sign me up. .

1 Like

MFW @OleReynard is doing a Sour D seed run.

3 Likes

@OleReynard Are you documenting your “Sour Deisel” grow anywhere? I wanna follow along. Sour Diesel is, in my opinion, the best-tasting weed on the planet. I just got three packs of Headbanger and a lot of packs of seeds that supposedly have a “fuel” element to them. The thing I’ve heard about Headbanger is that it’s really sour, but it’s missing that gas. I figure if I can find a really gas-y plant and cross it to a really sour Headbanger… I dunno. Maybe I can almost sorta replicate a real Sour Diesel.

I also just bought a pack each of JJ’s Sour 2018 and Sour Creme, both of which use Sour Diesel as the mom. We’ll see how they turn out. But yeah, if you have a grow log, tag me, if you don’t mind. I wanna see how your efforts turn out.

2 Likes

where did you get the headbanger from?
Sour cream from dna?

2 Likes

That would make sense , don’t the have the same ancestry ?
There’s been so man crosses of sour who knows what it truly was.
I would go after a S1 of sour d or ecsd and you still may not find what your looking for .

2 Likes