Space Bucket Grows

Has anyone ever grow in a space bucket before? I am starting one up. I’m growing blue mystic. A smaller strain. My question is should I just let my little lady grow or, I seen a diagram of a SOG method that after about 7" top the plant, and begin to train the her along the inside of the bucket wall then towards the middle like a spiral. Here is a link to what space buckets look like

OMG IM SO SORRY. That link didn’t work right when I posted it.
Here is a picture. I guess the other was to fancy

2 Likes

This thread looks very interesting, front and centre row seat :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Here you go @Herbie. This is the sight I built my bucket from. I don’t like Grasscity per say, O.G. is way better but has nothing on these bucket. But I’m hoping I can change that.

6 Likes

I have never seen them before, you learn something new every day. I cant wait tosee the progress.:+1:

4 Likes

Seems like it would be good for like a single auto flower. I think it would be much to small for any plants that stretch at all. Most autos stay fairly short. But even then ive had a auto that was 4 feet tallXD

2 Likes

Yea I did some research and blue mystic is a smaller plant. Like the Top 44 from NIRVANA back in “03”. I grew Top 44 in a guerilla grow and both grew 3’. I got a how to on Blue Mystic and it can be grown start to finish in 3 months. After a foot you can start veg. I’m going to give y’all feed back on this post as I go. I’m open to suggestions. Any one that has been following me I did a trial and error with some shitty soil (Kellogg’s all natural potting soil. Do Not use it). I saved two plants gave one away and have one for outside. I germed my last seed that will sprout soon. I’m going to use this for the space bucket grow. When I transplant I will give you my complete detailed weekly reports to as what I’m doing and what’s not working. Right now my fem. Blue Mystic sprout is in 1/4 FFOF soil and 3/4 Coco. I burned up my first two. So I forked out my money and got the fox farm ocean forests. I do not want people to repeat my mistakes if I can help it. If you are interested in grows that can be transported from place to place this is something to look into. There are different specks for bigger plants. I saw someone make one from a new black plastic garbage can. Personally my arms are not that long enough, and I love getting close to my women. Till next time.

2 Likes

I think the idea is to train or tie the plants branches to the side of the bucket, what is the circumference of the insede of your bucket ? Looking forward to the updates.

1 Like

The set up I in 5 gallon bucket at the base. So yeah not that much room I got an idea to as how I’m going to go about doing it. Low stress training and good light. 4 100watt CFLs.

1 Like

Thanks for the link @Anavrin
It reminds me oldschool mobile box G-man presented back on Grower.cz

Source: http://grower.cz/forum/showthread.php?threadid=11193

Source: http://grower.cz/forum/showthread.php?threadid=12456

It’s briliant work because he managed to squeeze vertical scrog and hydroponic bubbler there! :smiley: :nerd:

And he’s got it powered by 100W HPS… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Wow that’s a very interesting set up. Did he weave the plants threw the chicken wire. Or did he train them by using ties along the inside? Thanks for your help @HydroPower.

1 Like

If i was using a system like thatI would be trianing the plants round in a spiral formation, that way you can get more buds and allow the stem to grow longer. The circumference around is greater than top to bottom, and ach time they go round go up a step, think spiral stair case.

2 Likes

Reddit has a very active Space Bucket discussion forum, worth checking out for design ideas:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SpaceBuckets/

-b420

2 Likes

That was my planning. I stressed out a for girls getting started, they are doing extremely well. I got a sprout I’m going to use for this project. Pics are coming soon

2 Likes

He just used chicken wire to keep them out of the cage and to spread them evenly.

More visible here:

https://grower.cz/photos/004036/0213.jpg

1 Like

Here is my first space bucket grow setup.

3 Likes

Ha! Ha! As soon as i saw the first photo i thought R2D2 from Star Wars. :grin:

This is a fem. Blue Mystic one month in.

1 Like

I’m growing in another bucket so I can slide it in and out. A drainage bucket at the bottom. I plan on knocking the lights an hour a day for the next ten days to 12/12. I’m sure by then it will be a full foot.

This is unreal man! Sick!

1 Like