Specializing in hot peppers

I’ll stick with the Carolina Reaper. Plenty hot enough for me, and it has a flavor no other pepper has and a beautiful deep red color. My favorite :hot_pepper:
Pepper X is a nasty looking ugly pepper but I’m sure some people will enjoy it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

NC or SC? Met Ed at his shop, he’s a pretty cool dude… just likes hot stuff :slight_smile: I’ll bet he comes up with something even hotter just to do it… I ain’t touching it :hot_face:

4 Likes

Last of the peppers this year!

23 Likes

North Carolina

1 Like

Me 2. What’s your favorite shade of blue? :slight_smile:

The last of my 2023 Carolina Reapers. I’m going to make a hot sauce with them and will post the recipe in the Recipes thread.

17 Likes

Lack of time, root rot, and mites really took a toll this year. This is probably the bulk of what I will get before frost.
Tobacco, white reaper, chocolate ghost, jalapeno, fatali, scotch bonnet, bell, and Marconi I think is what’s here.

21 Likes

Germ test for jalapeño and incidental crosses with poblano and cayenne

7 Likes

Ghost/ Hawaiian hybrid from @cannabissequoia :+1::+1::v:

17 Likes

My Hawaiian / Ghost from @cannabissequoia from two different plants one had yellow the other red peppers !

5 Likes

They may need warmer temperatures :man_shrugging: to start flowering (?) I have no idea whether photoperiod affects blooming. :blush: :hot_pepper:

Just had some of the oil I made the other night & it’s definitely hotter than the average person can enjoy. :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

They have actually started to flower , tons of them all over both. Got temps 70-75 Doing really good. Should have peppers soon :+1::+1::v:

4 Likes

Hello everyone, for some reason, every time I grow peppers the first of the flowers to open up just fall off , I loose quite a lot of flowers before an fruit comes in . That can’t be normal can it?

1 Like

That’s normal. Usually when they start to flower they put out way to much an drop quite a bit but after a little wile they calm down.

Sometimes they’ll do it if the soil drys out or if it’s to cold out as well, I personally wouldn’t worry if the plant just started to flower.

3 Likes

Make sure you give the pepper plant a shake to ensure pollination. They are like a tomato plant in that respect.

5 Likes

That’s kinda what I was thinking, thanks pal.

4 Likes

Definitely :+1: thanks pal.

3 Likes

I usually pluck off flowers until they are going good . I like to process as many as I can at one time. My first squash always dud until the plant gets bigger.

3 Likes

Carolina Reaper , about 6 feet tall .

14 Likes

Just amazing pepper plant buddy. You should get a ton of peppers… Great job

1 Like