Spider Farmer LED'S

Getting psyched to restart things. Ive always only used Hps for flower but am really wanting to switch to leds for the lower heat and higher efficiency. Was looking at SF Led’s. Planning on running a 3x3 gorilla tent. The sf 4000 looks pretty serious but maybe overkill for a 3x3. If anyone on here uses Led lights and can make any recommendations I would appreciate it.

6 Likes

I have a spider farmer 1000watt and do great in a 32inch x 32 inch. I dont know how good it would do in a 3x3

2 Likes

Their 4000 might be a little overkill but you would definitely produce some nice buds with the 4000 in your size tent. I think the 4000 has a 5x5 flower footprint if im not mistaken

4 Likes

Well with it’s 392w true power draw, in a 3x3 would be 43.5watts/sqft. I think you’d do fine with that light in that space honestly. If it seems to be slight overkill just raise it up a little higher off the canopy. It’s easier to deal with too much light in flower than too little.

7 Likes

I use an sf 4000 its 600w not 392w, mine came pre adjusted drawing 550w. My space is 3.5 x 4.5 and it works great. Don’t forget it has a dimmer knob so you can adjust.

You will get 2oz per plant pretty easily with this light. Just starting my next grow of 12 plants and should be well over a pound.

14 Likes

I needed to illuminate a 5x5 and went with two SF2000s instead of a single SF4000. I have nothing bad to say about the lights so far, though I haven’t yet completed a crop under them.

4 Likes

Beautiful plant Dank-D !What strain is that one? I am definitely hoping for around 2oz per plant. Ideally I would harvest around a half # per run. Plan is to start with 9 seeds. If all somehow make it to flower I would have just enough space to flower them all in 3 gallon pots.

1 Like

Thank you everyone who has replied, I appreciate the input.

1 Like

Those are 2 cherries jubilee and 1 blueberry finishing up. This was about 3 weeks before harvest

Buy the sf4000 you won’t be sorry

9 Likes

Im strongly considering it man ! The price tag is a bit daunting, but I know if I settle for the sf2000 or something cheap, I probably wont be happy

2 Likes

After just 1 grow you will get back double the extra money spent

2 Likes

am just in the middle of testing a led equal to 200hps, is just 1 plant and i’m well impressed with the result so far at 36 days flowering, i’m waiting for a marshydro 3000ts to be delivered, supposed to be equal to 600plus hps covering 4 x 4ft area, dont know why i waited so long to make the move, is better late than never at all.

3 Likes

I run a mars hydro ts series at 37.5 watt/sq ft and am very happy with it. Same ballpark

3 Likes

They make a good product man. My next purchase for my second tent will be the sf4000. Pull the trigger bro you wont be disappointed

3 Likes

See I was going to order a mars hydro but amazon wont let you have it shipped in discreet packaging. So I went with spider farmer. Definitely same ballpark price and results

3 Likes

Looks like that mars light is about $100 cheaper, however it doesnt mention which diodes it uses in the specs. The samsung ones that sf uses are supposed to be the best in the biz. Time to put the hps lights I have up on cl ! I need a discount code for one of these sites that sells these shits !

2 Likes

Hey also you can look at the mixjoy gl-4000 they also use the samsung diodes and is about a $100 cheaper than the spider farmer

1 Like

Any idea how an sf4000 woukd compare heat wise vs a 600hps cool tube vented outside??

Id imagine pretty close to the same?

2 Likes

I’ve heard very comparable because the next step up for led is the commercial grade which starts comparison g to 1000w hps. I know this is my next purchase. The only difference between the spider farmer and mixjoy is the spider farmer is dimmable but the mixjoy isnt which surprised me

3 Likes

Looks like the sf has slightly higher output than the mixjoy also. I dont have any idea but it would think that the heat from a 600 cool tube would be more than that of the sf4000. From what im lead to believe these leds dont produce much heat, ?

3 Likes