Spring 2023 Co-op Box Update thread - closed

I can definitely tell! I’m going to have to make notes on how to do a proper proposal

2 Likes

That one is being done outside of the co-op :sunglasses:

4 Likes

:musical_score: “Gimmie, Gimmie, Coco Puff” :musical_keyboard:!! Bro, you’re goin’ at it!!! E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I’ve got 190/200 packs ready to go and a flat rate box with @DougDawson’s name on it. Should be shipping the Tiger Berry in the next week or so

19 Likes

I don’t think there’s any way the Quicksilver run will be done in time for the Spring box either. Looks like he’s got three plants up and just got in more seeds from Snow last week, which he’s going to grow out to expand the genetic pool; with a 3-month flowering time or longer, that run probably shouldn’t be counted on for this box. I’m also dubious about the Blockberry; @bassman5420 mentioned 8 months ago that the pollen he’d received with the Blockberry seeds was DOA, and there hasn’t been a word about it since then that I can tell. He asked the group what to do about it in the action group thread and, as far as I can tell, never got a response so it’s probably been on hold since then; though obviously it’s possible there were things going on behind the scenes that I don’t know about, that strain hasn’t been mentioned on the forum since May of last year.

6 Likes

All packaged up, goes in the mail tomorrow!
Ooops wrong thread, I have the veterans package ready……

7 Likes

Alien apparition is done. I was going to wait until the crazy holiday mail settles before sending them out.

So does that mean Canadians ship all co op seeds to you for pre packaging? Or do we ship bulk to multiple distributors?

9 Likes

We don’t send non approved seeds in the boxes Gary. But, there are people here that can help you :wink:

Yes, absolutly

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

I think that I didn’t see the wiki anywhere, but also I am relatively new to the OG community.
Anyway, if I get or not get them is not the important, the important for me is that the particular/pure genepool in the landraces will be saved.

Where I live, a relatively small town, surrounded by many small villages with many small agricultors, it where grown many particular varietys of plants (corn, potatos, apples, many different types of beans, etc…), but since comercial seeds and plants become popular here, all is uniform. I am talking with particulars that keep old seeds and trying to have a handful of them so when I has my little piece of land I could grow them.
Possibly for people who are used to commercial varieties my point of view will not be understandable, but I can for sure tell that there’s a big difference. Acclimated plants to our zone, different sizes and tastes of their fruits/seeds… etc. I remember when child walking in the villages, and from almost a hundred meters could smell a particular apple tree variety that at that time was very common here, and now is almost “erased”. This summer was for many villages, and couldn’t find it. Perhaps by that I have the landrace TOC.

And also not having many potato varietys give Ireland a hardknock in the 1840’s… and we should learn from our mistakes.

Sorry for my ramblings.

5 Likes

Hey bud, the graphics look great but not much good to me. You saw the smaller seed containers I have been using, If I shrink that down to fit on the small round labels you won’t be able to tell what it is.

2 Likes

Hey bud, it means you ship all to me in bulk my friend. I have purchased the containers and supplies for the Co-op runs. I will package them all, hold the Canadian portions and ship the rest of the worlds share to G-pas. She will send the fall boxes to the other distributors from there. This has a few advantages. One is Canadian approved Co-ops get their packaging done for them. They only have to ship one bulk shippment within Canada. G-pas does not have to do all the packaging saving her a pile of work and we know the numbers and can align things accordingly. There were a few Canadians that shipped straight to G-pas for the last box and it caused some issues with numbers so we want to avoid that. It also means all the packs will be the same which is another advantage.

10 Likes

Thanks bud, I will take a look through that thread. This is kind of why I said we will take them as they come. We were telling people the spring box was full going by the list but that does not mean all those runs will complete for one reason or another. As the runs are completed and sent in they will fill the spots. When we reach the limit of 10 runs we will call that done and the rest that come in will go in the next box. There will always be some runs that fail or don’t make the cutoff time.

6 Likes

It’s a long arc…fulfills over time…patience sees the gardener through…resilience allows them to survive…

4 Likes

Gotcha! Yeah these are for coin flips NOT seed pucks. I already have 120 of them printed out from a friend so I have to use for the flips I make up.

Ace! I’ll get my shit together and get everything to you asap. :+1: Thank you @DougDawson & @G-paS for all of this! :pray:

5 Likes

No problem bud. Since you have them printed I could include a sticker with each pack, just would not fit on the seed containers. I could just tape it to the container so the end user could stick them on whatever they want if you wish.

4 Likes

I’m running those outside the co-op infastructure and once the run is complete and a healthy seed lot verfied, myself and @PineTarBastard who put up the seeds , will figure out what to do next.
I do have a few thousand seeds of the fraser valley blueberry hp x atomic blueberry northern lights seeds I could easily send in to be distributed through the co-op if requested.

13 Likes

No bud, we are not looking for seeds. I just know we had discussed this and Co-op distribution with you packing the seeds was one option so I put it up there. You are under no obligation, just wanted all runs listed is all. How you proceed is 100% your decision.

3 Likes

no worries here @DougDawson :wink:

2 Likes

CO-OP is strictly for PRE-APPROVED, GROUP-DECIDED STRAINS/VARIETIES!! Best to find “Seed Slingers” if you want to have them distributed. There are members who do this, but don’t involve themselves in the “Organized Distribution Aspect”, for whatever reason. Just a thought, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I totally understand all this as it was all kinda already hashed over in the co-op voting thread.
my intitial reply was to shiskaberrysavior and wasn’t intended to reopen that discusssion (as per the voting thread)

all good here… no worries :sunglasses:

6 Likes