SSSC Is back in business

I don’t know if this is old news but, I just watched Jorge Cervantes spannabis video on youtube and he interviews kees ( I think that’s his name) the creator of the Super Sativa Seed Club from days of yore. Apparently with the relaxing of laws, he has relaunched the SSSC. He says he still has an original old school haze, apparently from Neville himself and has kept it alive for over 32 years! He said his strains are available on seedsman, and sure enough when I went on the site, he had a limited offering that included the old school haze for the nice sum of $400+ american. What does everyone think about one of the original seed banks being back in business yay or nay? I’m pretty excited to see what old school genetics he had hidden away all these years, but the price point is going to keep me away for now.

11 Likes

Pretty cool to see this happening. I’m happy those genetics will be getting released again, but even though Haze is my all-time favorite strain and I’d happily give up every other strain if that was the only I could keep it, that price will keep me away as well.

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.
I looked at the strains available, and the one I would most like to have was not
being offered.
Oh well.
I wish I could buy some SSSC’s original Sanora Super Sativa from circa 1986.

5 Likes

Saw that on Instagram a little bit ago. Pretty cool. Some people were complaining about the high prices. I have to agree with them. I have never been in the market for seeds in that price range though. I can imagine if I had some kinda nostalgia related to smoking this stuff back in the day it would be a different story. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these packs ended up on Strainly for 2x the price though.

6 Likes

Crazy timing on this… :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Why do you say? I did find it strange how one legend of old (sssc) has made a return, while at the same time another (Neville) has left us. The universe can be cruel. It giveth, and taketh away. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Cool interview, can’t believe he kept a mother for 32 years!

Man this is honestly tempting, but I could never consider spending that much for seeds.

I wonder if we could start an OG pool and propagate it like we’ve been doing with the Bodhi strains…

$10 entry per participant, create a couple thousand seeds!

6 Likes

That’s a good idea honestly. I’d be down with that. Maybe get one of the more established growers with room to spare, run them and someone to May be handle distributing them. I vote for the old school haze!

3 Likes

wow great info, i hadn’t heard this. i wonder if they have any other old gems in the vault.

2 Likes

Really cool, haze is my favorite. I have some old haze seeds (flying Dutchman I think) that are pre 2000… I’m scared to try to sprout them because none of my old seeds seem to take.

I also have some old seeds of a strain called ‘titan’ which was some of the haziest weed I’ve ever tried.

That old school haze sounds legit, I’d love to cross it with some of our modern indicas.

3 Likes

you try scuffing them? some of those old genetics have some thick ass shells. i had this issue with the xmass bud. they took forever to germ and they were not even old, but the strain is. just guessing. if you hadnt tried it line a bottle with sand paper and shake em around in there. if they didnt fluxuate in moisture back and forth too much they are prolly good. ik if ppl store em in say the fridge just taking em out for a bit and putting em back is enough to condensate and activate the enzymes or whatever their called. if this happens allot you can use all the seeds “juice” up
fyi i pulled enzymes out my ass i forget exactly the compound that is responsible for germing but my understanding is that’s how it works

3 Likes

Lol ya I get what you’re saying. Have tried scuffing, soaking, different mediums, heat pad etc. They were stored room temp and dry in the dark, fridge probably would have been better.

I’m gonna try poking a pinhole in a few, soaking them for a short bit then sowing next.

2 Likes

Crosslinking: 80's Story of Nevil's The Seed Bank