Stankonia's Wonderland

WELCOME to OVERGROW! Mind if I tag along? I love to catch grows from the beginning. Are you in DC or in the DMV? I’m in Baltimore. There’s a good bit a folks on here from MD.
I got just got a 4x4 and I’m a little scared to put it up because of the same reaction you got. They just don’t understand. Smh.
Everything is looking great. I’m looking forward to seeing how you do.

2 Likes

Huh that’s s poetry nifty fix, tbh the timer was “fixing” it by itself by cutting the power to the light. I just figured something worse might happen later and with all the money I dumped on the new setup…stuff should work, at least I gave em another shot and even spent 88 more! Nice to know a fix for that issue tho.

1 Like

Absolutely, I’ve been skimming through your grow as well bro…nice work. I live in NOVA (stafford) I was raised a little further north in the Woodbridge area. Even worked at potomac mills mall for 10 years, I’m sure you’re familiar

2 Likes

Digital timers often let a tiny amount of current through, and people have issues with it in their house with the dual light switches, like at both ends of a hallway, in conjunction with led lights. Its called ghosting, I thought it was interesting that its a known and long term issue with leds in general that hasn’t been fixed on an industry wide basis.

1 Like

Funny u say that, I chose my light outlet very carefully… no switches control it and it’s one that I never have problems with. Certain outlets in my house go out alot and I have to hit the breaker switch in the shed to reset

2 Likes

I saw that also. Man, how many bags of dirt did you buy! You going to be jumping! That’s a lot of dirt!

I heard about this guy in California paying 60,000 dollars for dirt! I wonder how many plants he grew…

1 Like

Ok here’s the thing, I was getting my FFOF from this awesome nursery for 17 bucks each big bag. But then they closed their doors 2019. I drove there and the place was literally rubble… like piles of rubble. Then I couldn’t find it anywhere but amazon (but pretty costly). But then my stoner brain remembered this ol dude that runs a hydro store around my way. Basically, I panic bought 6 bags @25 bucks each because it’s hard to get in my area and my state is going legal in 2 months. I didn’t know if that’s a thing, people buying up all the FF but I knew I planned to perpetual grow anyway.

3 Likes

It’s all good bro! You stocked up! I’m not talking trash… it just a lil funny to me. I liked the ffof when I started growing, a lot. I was just curious how many plants you were gunna run, in a tent. I always grow way to many and have to freak out and build new spots for em! Lol

2 Likes

I wish I stocked up on soil when I had the money. I had a hard time finding a ride to a nursery. I’m not about to take a bunch of soil on the bus. Lol. Shipping on soil is to much $.

3 Likes

I’m trying to imagine asking the bus driver for help loading half a pallet of dirt onto a bus half full of passengers :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I picture Jon on the bus with 5 bags across his lap and just the top of his head visible over the bags…and the guy sitting across the smirks at him because he knows why someone would be lugging ffof across town… lol

3 Likes

Lol I know u wasn’t trash talking, I guess my biggest deal was just knowing that I’d be back for more anyway. And who knows how crazy he’ll sell out once va goes legal in 2 months.

1 Like

Quick update: they feeling much better

Yesterday, right after transplant

Today

7 Likes

Quick mini update

So the new light was supposed to come yesterday but didn’t and now they’re saying today (fingers crossed) I love shipment day. Except when it’s a no show. I aint mad or nothin… just anxious really

My babies yesterday. I had to spread em apart a bit. But they’re growing well

I will update further when I get that big brown box

6 Likes

I’m already stockpiling :v:t2:

1 Like

Yay

5 Likes

That’s a big ass box! What light is that ?

1 Like

Big ass light! Psych idk. It would be my guess
Yeah it’s a light. He had to return the last one.
Did you get the same model?

1 Like

That mf looks like a spade table
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I went one size higher rated for a 5x5 tent (but u know how that goes)

it will be a tiiiiiight squeeze!

7 Likes