Star dog 2024

A new year warrants a new diary,
it’s going to be a busy one.

Growing atm I’ve got Swiss skunk, blueberry twist, og kush, king gelato and limon blanco.

It still has a while to go.

Next up: London city genetics.

I’ve had nothing but good from London city I’m looking forward to those.

After them I’ve some coastal blueberry that’s another I’m looking forward to running, I’ve got a blueberry mother it’s OK but not like the old blueberry, I’m running another blueberry twist atm hopefully to improve on the one I have.

I’m slightly optimistic about it, it’s got a completely different structure to its sisters so that’s something

A few others to grow this year.
SLH x Rainbow Belts
Cereal Milk x Rainbow Belts
LCG S1
Grape Fog x LCG
Skunk special
Blueberry twist
Star doggie (Black domina x Chemdog
Lost skunk F2
I’ve a bunch of freebies to choose from to.
omg it’s going to be another exciting year :heart_eyes:

I need to start preparing blockbuster and bluchi soon,m so when my current crop is finished I can get on with them.

Link to my current crop.

39 Likes

Nice! Hope you find the fire my friend :facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

Continuing from my old diary.
Nov 19th seeds sown,
Nov 29th flipped seeds
Clone plants 3x were re potted around Christmas.

Atm I’m test running a autopot 2x plants and also using dtw fed 2/3 times daily, 4 plants.

Autopot center plants (clones)
2 left side and back right are seed plants
Front right clone.

Lids on pots?
They create some bonus roots while keeping algae away and helping with humidity.
Dtw feeding

Autopot feeding

Tbf the dtw was re potted before the autopot,
I’ll check dates and add them.

My temps are less than ideal circa 23/24c that’s with 500w of led and dehumidifier running.

I’ve wired a cycle timer to my environment controller so I can squeeze every bit if heat available while maintaining reasonable humidity levels.

I’ve been meaning to wind down for the winter but you know what it’s like when you enjoy something.

Eta…
9th November… soaked seeds with h202 2ml/ltr + nitrozyme 1ml/ltr

19th November… Seedlings flipped In root pouches.

15th December…
Re potted seed plants into 5ltr airpots.

17th December…
Re potted kush and gelato into the autopot pots.

24th December…
I put the autopot kush, gelat and limon blanco Into the flower room.

25th December…
Added a 2nd 250w bar light, 2x 250w across 3x5 area, the actual canop size is only 3x4ft it’s still filling out.

Take it easy folk’s.

12 Likes

A few pics…

Blueberry twist

King gelato #2

Autopot, kush, gelato #1
The seed plants have stopped stretching, the kush,gelato and limon blanco still have a bit left to stretch, they’re in the 3rd week 12-12, the seeds are wk 7 from seed,
4 weeks of the 7 was under t5s.

7 Likes

I’ve been re arranging the plants for the best fit under the lights.

When I moved the blueberry I got waft of awesomeness, in my minds eye it looks just like the 90s Dutch passion blueberry.

Autopot pic, kush and gelato, the others ate dtw feeding.

Swiss skunk, it’s got some kind of crinkle leaf going on?

Its sisters had that same trait.

11 Likes

A few new pics…

My new blueberry pheno is really starting to put on weight.

There’s not much more to add.

10 Likes

Autopot related info…

There’s a lot of conflicting info about autopots that doesn’t stack up in theory or in practice.

You’re told to hand feed until roots emerge then turn on the module\valve and reservoir.

OK, there’s a copper sheet in the bottom of the pot specially to stop roots getting outside of the pot.

They were re potted on Christmas day iirc, there’s not a single root poking out of the bottom.

For reference, this was re potted the day after the autopot, and the pic was taken at least a week ago.
16b82bf20ab8f8151a7b364d16e9db17e50e231c_2_364x500

There’s a flaw in the system that’s blatantly obvious, I didn’t make the thing but it took me 10 mins to work out there’s a problem.

You can see there’s a sump, so’ how does a flat surface like a pot bottom get low enough to empty that sump, it can’t happen, that small amount of nutrients left can’t be gotten at with pot but it’s enough to stop the valve recycling, it never fails to surprise the Fk ups that get to design things and not notice the obvious + get paid for it.
To fix it so there’s no threat of not recycling

The capillary matt lets the plants empty it enough for it to re fill everytime reliably.

EDIT you only
need 1 inch or so of capillary matt poking out the bottom of the pot, enough to bridge the gap between the sump bottom and the bottom of the pot/s.

To put the bottom of pot into context here’s the top.

Also taken around a week ago.

EDITJanuary 25th (1 month)
Plants are doing fine with the exception of a few leafs looking a bit off?

Hmm idk theres something not quite right?

Nutrient ec 1.9 ph5.7

11 Likes

It’s mentioned in my old diary that i wasn’t happy with the king gelato #2, that’s now 8wks in 12-12 and its still not flowering, there’s barely pre flower.

it never has looked right, it’s not been vibrant looking since putting into the flower room, that was 4 wks tomorrow (8 wks total 12-12) so I’ve pulled it.

The light went out when I was taking pics, I’ll post a pic of the new arrangement tomorrow.

On a more positive note :wink:
I’m digging my blueberry twist pheno, it’s 4 weeks in the flower room.

Taken a week today

Taken this evening just b4 lights off.

It smells amazing already.

6 Likes

I’ve got a little grafting experiment going, drilled and dooked :slight_smile:

In future when you this you’ll know what’s under there.

I’ve cut them into a splice and removed a slither of bark from the outside of the clones/donors and used a bit clonex.

OK let’s see what happens?

9 Likes

I’ve a 2nd plant that’s fkd up I didn’t realise the timer was set at 13.15hrs light and 10.45hrs dark :frowning:

The pic isn’t great

This is more like it but a terrible pic

6 Likes

It’s nice to see you here. I just recently started to creep around over here at OG…my old stomping grounds. I’m excited to see ya here.

4 Likes

Hey bud its nice to see you here at og.
It’s a different league here, there’s lots of experienced growers willing to help and its more helpful community in general.

I still post in the uk thread I’ve a few friends there but that’s it.
The new admin member deleted a post of mine twice asking a civil question, that being the case I’m not interested in participating.

I’m see you around bud take it easy

4 Likes

I learned how to grow here on OG back in 00-07. This was the underground back in the day…lol. Some old timers took me under their wing and I was hooked.

I go by greenmobster440 on other sites but kept my old handle here. I’m glad to see ya here. Your 12/12 from seedling gig is pretty awesome.

4 Likes

Ah right its yourself bud, nice one that’s ideal, I felt a bit guilty or saddened about not updating my seedling thread.

I might post a link to here on it… :rofl: nah just kidding.

Edit… I forgot to add a picture, @54/55 days 12-12 total.

Blueberry twist 4 going on 5th week 12-12 and 4 weeks 12-12 under t5s.
64/65 days old

8 Likes

I got back to that graft to re do it,
I wasn’t able to drill it so I improvised.

#1 from the inside I cut the pith away with a scalpel so the clone can butt up to the inside of bark.

#2 I cut a piece of the stem out to fit the 2nd graft into the stem.

So let’s see what happens now?

I’m a little concerned that there’s nothing above the root stock to keep water/nutrient flowing?

In the past when re veging I’ve had the old wood die back to the fresh growth, we’ll soon see?

10 Likes

Using the blueberry for a rough gauge time frame.

It’s 64/65 days total, that’s 10 day’s from seed @24hrs light then flipped the timer (poorly :slight_smile:)

54/55 days 12-12 total
28 days under t5s vegging @12-12 then 26/27 days under led flowering @12-12.

So that less than 1 month in the actual flower tent, my plans are moving from paper and becoming a reality :heart_eyes:

It just needs some fettling :wink:

10 Likes

I’ve still got my blueberry pheno and the autopot to keep me occupied.

The autopot is doing fine, there’s little discolouration on a few lower leafs.

I tried calmag then epsom but it didn’t make any difference?

It’s not bad but it might be the start of something, it’s possibly the ec being a touch high, I need to use more run off or lower the input nutrient, I’ll keep an eye on it.

Blueberry twist (idk why the light kills colour in the pics)

I can’t remember if I mentioned it’s a touch dark?
That’s a problem with feeding two different lots at different stages.

9 Likes

I discovered my timer was set on 13.15hrs so that explains the odd growth in two plants.

One of the two is already in the bin and this 2nd one isn’t looking too promising.

The others are fine to continue with but all in I’ll be happy to see the end of this crop.

I’m really only concerned with one plant now the others are making up number’s.

I get heat from the lights so the other plants are aswell being there, there’s no point in lighting up the floor sorta thing.

12 Likes

A couple of days back I added a 2nd fan to get a bit heat down the pots, air coming in below the canopy cools the pot area.
The next day the run off ec in the dtw was a bit high so i rinsed it back it seems ok now.

Today I lifted one of the pots from autopot module and got a sample it tested 1.9ec the same as input nutrient?
Idk how that can even happen, why would the dtw run off rise and the autopot not when they all share the same space?

If the ec was higher in the root zone it would leach back into the nutrient tray?

The only thing I can think of is, there’s only around 7/800ml delivered each cycle it’s maybe not sitting around long to enough to leach back, tbh I think that’s unlikely?

I’ll run some some nutrient through a pot and then test it again to eliminate any doubts, theres slight discolouration on some lower leafs.

Autopot back middle and right side.

Take it easy.

9 Likes

I run a litre of nutrient through one of the autopot plants then tested the run off…its the same in and out?

Having used dtw for the most part it’s got me completely baffled, while I was in the tent I rinsed 0.4ec from the dtw how can that even happen :thinking:

In future I’m not going to use the ec I’m aiming for, there’s no point in using say 1ltr of 2.0ec to rinse 2.5ec down, using 500ml 1.5ec to arrive at 2.0ec seems logical and it appears to work fine.

Edit…autocorrect doesn’t necessarily get our acronyms :roll_eyes:

1 Like