StarDawg, Grape Ape, DeathStar in Octo’s

Going to try this again! Hope to keep up with this grow. Helps me to look back and keep track of dates etc.

This cycle I am running 2 StarDawgs, 2 Grape Ape, and 2 DeathStar. All from clones. Second run with the StarDawg, first for the Grape Ape and DeathStar.

Need to say thanks again to @schmarmpit for graciously sending me the Grape Ape and DeathStar!!

Clones spent 13 days in the cloner, to long, and 10 days in cups. All were topped 7 days ago.

2 gallons into the rez and 1/2 gal using @Jetdro’s new turbo charging for the Octo’s!

This we probably be my last grow with 6 Octo’s at a time. Will drop to 4 per cycle next round. Really easy to overgrow the tent with 6.

The next week, 10 days are pretty slow. Once the roots hit the rez and wet zone, they take off.

Constructive criticism is always welcomed. That’s how we get better!!

70 Likes

Did you do the holey cup procedure???

12 Likes

Yes sir!! Jetdro’s turbo charger is what I called it, lol!

10 Likes

IF you did it right, watered plant in its little cup first, then ONLY down the bottom holes, and you got then before total root wrap, it will NOT be 14 ddays but 6-7 and you will see them go .

13 Likes

Been thinking of trying the octo’s. Gonna follow along if you don’t mind and learn. @Joker

9 Likes

cool man lets go tagged :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

2 Likes

Glad to have ya here! Love the Octo’s. I was able to head to our hunting cabin last deer season. Fill the rez and normally 5-7 days before refill.

10 Likes

That is my number one reason for wanting to try them. Deer camp! Go to West Virginia for the past 15 years and it always is a problem.

4 Likes

Following along! That Deathstar was all around me in 2010-2012. One of the best smokes I’ve ever had. Best of luck on your grow!

6 Likes

Hi @Jetdro, can you clarify when/how much you fill the octo rez when you first “Turbo” transplant a young plant?

I’ve read elsewhere that we should leave the rez empty or low until the transplant gets settled and then fill the rez to the top?

Sorry to butt in on your thread @Joker, I’ll be following along on your grow.

-Grouchy

6 Likes

I am going to pull up a chair too. I am interested in Octo-Pots, ie. could it be a better alternative than rDWC.

4 Likes

What pheno of StarDawg?

3 Likes

Fill only to 1st mark for 1st 7-10 days, when they find the rez, go to middle mark.

7 Likes

It’s the Corey Haim cut.

12 Likes

@Joker my brother good to see you growing

I’ll stop by from time to time

Paps

5 Likes

Thanks Papa. Stop by anytime!

3 Likes

Are you calling fabric pots on the brown auto waters Octo pots?
If so I bought stuff to try this and need to check all the threads about doing it.
I know at one time I tried to buy an “OCTO POT” but they didn’t make those any more.

I am very interested.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

@G-paS They do still sell Octopots!! That’s what these are, I bought them. Did not build them.

6 Likes

Thank You! I found them.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Good plant, run it before

1 Like