Starting Over after 15 years

Once upon a time I was very active at Cannabisworld until early 2002.

An old friend up in Maine recently contacted me and asked for my help setting up a garden. So I decided to get back in the game. Here’s our plan, we’d like to hear your thoughts/Feedback.

The space will be indoors 16 - 20 sq. feet. Appox. the same size as my last grow. Everything will be grown in soil. I recently ordered 10 Sol Strips from Baudelaire for our first LED grow. Also have 1000 watt MH and 300 watts of HPS. We plan to flower under the LED’s and run the 1000 watt MH for 4 hrs. of the simulate the mid day sun and add some UV’s.

We are both huge sativa lovers so we are going to give Ace a try. We will be growing 6 different Ace strains Malawi, Panama, Zamaldelica, Guawi, Panama x Malawi, Kali China. All Feminized seeds straight from Ace. I don’t know a lot about Ace and I read many mixed reviews. However last time around I learned a lot about growing unruly long flowering sativa indoors under lights. Also learned to take grow/smoke reports on sativas with a grain of salt. It took about 6 cycles with Neville’s haze to understand there is a difference between finishing a long flowering sativa and finishing it correctly. The first 5 cycles the smoke was just OK. On the 6th it’s was exactly as described.

They will all be germinated , vegged and flowered together to break in the new grow room. The only unknown will be the LED’s. I’d like to add another 10 Sol Strips in the near future.

It will be about a month before we get the room setup and the seeds germinated. I promise I’ll get some pics in the future and give a full grow report.

28 Likes

Welcome back to the farm @ray!

2 Likes

Welcome @ray excited to see the multi lighting come into play…

2 Likes

pulling up a seat sounds like some interesting strains !

2 Likes

You’re gonna love them! They sure are bright lol. I still need to get myself some eye protection lol.

Welcome @ray I’ll be following along!

3 Likes

Jelly I have been following your thread and nice job on your homemade Sol strip lighting. I’m probably going to copy your work with few minor alterations.

99percent, GumbyBuds, legalcanada thanks for the warm welcome.

3 Likes

Welcome @Ray it sounds like you have all your ducks in a row. Welcome back.

2 Likes

Welcome back @ray to the greatest hobby known to man.

And a warm welcome to the reincarnated OG!
I was also on CW back then.
I believe it was also where I found out about my beloved Apollo 11, and gave it a try.
It became one of my all time favorites!

4 Likes

Wb Ray… +1 old cat back home… :wink:
Ds

2 Likes

Great to see ya back in the game welcome back @ray!

2 Likes

Ooh boy, gunna be a stretch before they start throwing pistils. Did you used to flower from seed or strictly clones?

2 Likes

I am just gonna repeat what my brother members already said.

Welcome to OG @ray!

2 Likes

We have a little over 7’ of headroom and I won’t hesitate to add or use the 1000 watt MH to help manage stretching. I always flowered from clones so I could evaluate the males and females from seed. Didn’t want to let any keepers get away. I usually wait until the 3rd cycle of clones before passing judgement on a strain. I have this silly belief that a long flowering tropical sativa needs to be older than 1 month before she is able to fully express herself. Also gives me time to learn the strain and get my watering and feeding schedule all dialed in.

I have battled some real stretchers, Neville’s Haze and Durban Thai Highflyer come to mind right away. It’s worth the effort and I’m patient.

I really missed it.

Thanks bro

I have read many of your threads and comments. I must say I admire your passion and willingness to share information. I look forward to hearing more about your experiences.

7 Likes

Feel free to share, I’m always interested in everyone’s work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is this something our boss should hear? HAHAHHAHAHA

@LemonadeJoe

6 Likes

While I wait for the Sol Strips and some seeds from Ace I started gathering up some of my old equipment for the trip up to Maine. I found some old seeds I made hiding in the old grow room.

Kali Mist X C99 I crossed a Kali mist male with my Lady C99. The Kali Mist is from Serious seeds circa 2001.

I don’t normally soak my seeds before germination, but in this case…

5 Likes

wow that’s quite old! might be worth trying some ga3 if they don’t do nothing… although i wonder if you can try twice

2 Likes

After I was unable to germinate any of the old VB F-2’s made around the same time I don’t really expect any to germinate.

But with my luck 20 of them will probably sprout because I don’t have any space to grow them.

The new space is already spoken for. I’d have to call a few friends and see if they will take them if they do sprout. I don’t think that’s a problem I would mind having. Lot’s of potential if they do sprout.

4 Likes

Update:

One of the Kali Mist X C99 has cracked and I’m expecting more to do the same. Looking at my notes the KM male was one of the undesirable Indica variety. So I’ll hope for a lady that takes after her C99 mom. That would be the same C99 lady that Bodhi used to make his C99 crosses, C99 (ray davies)

Ace contacted me and I should have my gear in a week or two…probably 2 with the Christmas holiday busy season.

4 Likes

@ray Saw your strips came in. As to not derail that thread you posted in, I’ll comment here. I counted 11 X1’s and 2 of the red/blue mix. Should make for an interesting arrangement can’t wait to see pics!

2 Likes