Starting Over after 15 years

Sorry for the crappy pic. But I have never seen this before.

I’m getting purple leaves on this young lady that I don’t believe to be common with the strain.

It’s Malawi feminized from Ace. I have 3 of them going from seed and this is the only one showing purple coloration on the new growth. Pretty sure it’s not environmental or a problem with the medium. So being optimistic I’m hoping she’s something extra special.

3 Likes

Are all of them that light in color? It does look extra special. What’s your environment temperatures like?

1 Like

Cheap cell phone camera does not capture true color very well.

The temps are hovering around 78 degrees and 2 other feminized Malawi are the same size, health but no purple.

2 Likes

Keep your eye on that one for sure!

2 Likes

I’ve seen that before on a blue line of seeds. They’ve always turned out tasty.

2 Likes

Keep in mind root growth takes phosphorous and purple running out the stem into the leaf is one sign. If the leaves start dying back with circular patterns you will know. Some plants like to grow big roots early.

3 Likes

Guawi, Panama and Violeta have all sprouted…

4 Likes

Lights are up. Waiting for a driver for the Red/Blue strip in the middle.

Durban Thai x C99 from Fleur du Mal seeds, Malawi, Panama, Guawi, Kali China, Malawi X Panama and Violetta from Ace.

15 Likes

Looks like a dream team under the bright lights.

Looks good @ray! :rocket:

2 Likes

Thanks

I’ve been waiting for those damn m3 screws. I couldn’t find any locally so I had order them on line. I really wanted to have the LED’s up before now. They have been living under a hodge podge of screw in LED’s, CFL’s and a lot of jury rigging.

5 Likes

I am running a few different things in the next months of their new stuff (Bros. Grimm) so I’ll report best I can about what I see.
Good luck on this grow, Ray. Looking forward to a long spell of watching this emerge.

2 Likes

Hey Brother, I’m glad to hear your back into the hobby and I think you made a good choice going with Ace seeds also, I too have some Zamaldelica I need to sprout… We both have the same taste in Sativas I think, I prefer an uplifting sativa to a couch lock indica myself most of the time.
I’m sure you noticed @MIG is also into sativas and has grown some Ace varieties among other spanish breeders like The Real Seed Company, that Have a lot of landrace sativas. I’m sure he can give you a lot of feedback on some of those Ace strains your growing.
I have heard good things about all of them, Zamaldelica is supposed to be some really strong almost psychedelic stuff and I have read more than one post of people saying it was the strongest they ever smoked. Their Malawi “killer” is supposed to be awesome also . I also have their China Yunnan which is half of the Cali china. I too want to try almost all of their strains, the good thing is they have worked these landraces so they are not so unruly as a unworked pure landrace would be to work with.
Good luck with your new grow and I will certainly will be watching your progress, Have fun brother!:v:

4 Likes

I think the reg versions are better than the fems ones…
Waitin your opinión bout Guawi, n 'Zamaldelica
Best wishesh!

3 Likes

Time for an update.

Bruce x Apollo from Danky Bank

Panama X Malawi

Guawi

Violeta

MIG,
The Zamaldelica was damaged in transit so I had to wait on a replacement. In it’s place Violeta (freebie) was germinated. I will be germinating the Zamaldelica and Thai Chi in the next 2 weeks. The Guawi is very vigorous so far , probably Jun or July before I’ll know what’s she’s really like.

12 Likes

Was just wondering how you were getting along :slight_smile:

Looking good to me.

2 Likes

I get crazy busy with work and the small businesses I own. Tough to get more than 4 hrs sleep a night.

Not pictured are Panama, Malawi, Kali China, Sweet Pink Grapefruit, Durban Thai x C99. They all seem very happy under 420 watts of LED’s in Great Lake water only soil mix, crammed in to a 5x5 space.

5 Likes

Malawi

7 Likes

Just dropped an Ace brand Malawi on Monday. Hope you don’t mind me sharing in your thread.

At least be interesting to compare notes. I went 11 weeks with this one.

15 Likes

Don’t mind at all, in fact thanks for posting. I encourage anyone running Ace strains to post pics so we can compare notes.

Your Malawi pics are interesting. I see wider fan leaves than any of the ones I’m seeing on my Malawi. The fan leaf posted above is typical from the top to the bottom of the plant. Also see the same fans on my Malawi X Panama lady.

Currently germinating from Ace: Panama Haze, Zamaldelica, Purple Haze X Malawi, Thai Chi and Erdpurt.

5 Likes

I have two of these going at right around 6 to 8 weeks maybe? I can certainly shoot some pics soon. They both have a very unique stature, and the smell I am getting is like an old toy model glue. Buddy that gave me these took a few rips and ended up giving away all of the smoke. Said made him feel things he had never felt in the past from weed and he is way old school. Totally scared straight, lol.

I am guessing you see wider leaves on mine due to the CO2 being turned off lately. Same reason the tips of everything I have right now is getting beat a bit. Tough balance keeping sativas and indicas playing nicely together.
:wink:

I also have 4 to 6 pure Durban going, but they are Cannabiogen stock, and a few other varieties from Tropical.

3 Likes