Stoner assembles and reviews the Secret Jardin DR120

I will be updating this thread over the next few days

10 Likes

Thanks BillyBob. Will be nice to see what this tents all about.

3 Likes

We will start with it is a nice tent perfect size and sturdy. Now for the bad it is not light tight. Two very large wholes in the front flap and the zippers leak light. I am not going to send it back but I would not recommend.

8 Likes

Just shitty I have to cover a brand new tent to make it light tight.

5 Likes

I do like the head room. Time for more sativas

3 Likes

Bought a DR90 about 7 years ago… had a couple pinholes out of the box too. Over the years of hard use it’s developed about a half a dozen more. I just use reflective aluminum foil tape on the inside to seal the pinholes.

Should hold up for you just fine! Lube the zipper every now and then :+1:

Stay hazed
Jake

4 Likes

What do you lube your zippers with @Blowingupjake

3 Likes

This tent is 100% light tight just not big enough. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GNDG8SN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_A2WAS5RFBWG4AK6R9XFF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
This tent has so many light leaks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WFVVJ2K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_dlT1_FZ847B502E3VQX81AMBY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Number one would recommend number two I would recommend against. Both vivison go figure.

I use a silicone spray lubricant @Grohio like you’d find in your shop.

3 Likes

Right on. Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

Looks like some sort of damage or manufacture material fault . For a brand new tent tho its not good. They shouldn’t be letting through stuff like to the customers. Id expect better from a well know brand . Guess you’ll have to use some material tape Billy. Good thing is looks nice inside. The bars look quite thick and sturdy too.

1 Like

Used some reflective tape to fix the holes. But still not feeling the zippers

1 Like

Do they still use plastic corners?

I had a reflector fall on plants dut to one of their corners cracking.

2 Likes

Yes I am not concerned about the plastic corners. They seem sturdier than the vivison all metal tent. I had to add a wood dowel to keep to metal pole from bending on the ceiling.

1 Like

I was always curious about the secret jardins. I almost got one. Went with gorilla instead.

1 Like

Would love a review I almost went with the 4x4 lite but I have a hard 79 Inch requirement top end due to studs.

It’s currently in storage as I’ve switched to an open room over a tent but that’s for space not because of any flaw with the tent.
I got the 4x2 lite, and even for it being the lite line, that shit was pretty thick. Zippers were great, no pin holes, the diamond reflective material really shined and the extra duct holes we’re a nice benifet . When I do go back to tents, I wont get anything else now.

1 Like

And the fact that they all can have multiple height add ons is dope. I didnt use mine as 7 feet was enough and in a 4x2 I dont really see it being needed unless you’re splitting the area, but cool either way.

1 Like

Was it the the way it was packaged that caused the damage ie. metal poles rubbing the fabric?

I have a DR120 (bought a few years ago). I guess I got lucky as my tent has no light leaks.
The only suggestion I have is paint the poles before assembly. (the zinc degrades with moisture).
I’ve been using candle wax to grease the zipper (beeswax would be better)

Cheers
G

2 Likes