Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

I wonder if CBDxTHC crosses ever produce 0% CBD offspring? …anyone know?

I’m drying 6 right now & the 1st one seems to have CBD & taste shitty. Typical! :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Apparently, some CBD F1 crosses can be 0% cbd and almost all THC in some phenotypes and 100% CBD and almost no THC. What’s super interesting is that I’ve heard that the high/experience is approximately the same between the 0% THC and 99% THC. I have heard of both of these things happening with Canna-Tsu, for example (Phenos with equal but inverse cannabanoid profiles and have similar highs). Blew my mind.

10 Likes

Interesting about the 0% THC and 99% THC - be fun to try this out in person.

As to F1 crosses, and even specifically Bodhi’s Good Medicine, I grew them years ago and ended up with 2 females of which I was able to actually get lab tested. One was all THC, less than 20% and the other was close to half CBD half THC and around 22-23%. These were the only plants i’ve ever had the pleasure of having tested. I just started trying CBD this year and it has been helpful for getting good sleep and de-stressing in general.

10 Likes

Wow, how did that smoke?

I’ve come to the conclusion that for me, the best ratio is pretty close to 50/50, maybe 60% thc. It’s such a deep, existential relaxation that 100% THC seems to lack.

7 Likes

I honestly can’t remember what the plant was like flavor wise sadly but I do recall enjoying how it left me feeling. Peaceful, at ease and relaxed for sure. I was sadly looking for / hoping for a plant with much less THC at the time so never kept it around after the first run and being tested.

7 Likes

Looking for someone that wants to grow out some SSSDH.
The seeds are on the Bay, but it’s in the UK and I’m not. I’ll send you the money for a pack and then the rest is up to you:
A little more info here:

4 Likes

What is that? Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze or something? Complete guess, no idea lol

7 Likes

Yup.

9 Likes

I was gifted some Darkstar f2’s today. The gentleman that gave them to me told me he was wanting to spread the love. It didn’t really hit me until I was reading up on the effects and reviews, that this could be a very helpful strain for several groups of people.

Since I was given over 30, there should be a great chance of having plenty of stock to breed. I haven’t even finished one run inside, so I figured I would put this out there and see if there is any interest in a preservation run.

26 Likes

Ahhhum…

2 Likes

Nice score man. :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

4 Likes

I’m nowhere near, but I think it would be fun to do some micro PC case grows and do some breeding like @Mr.Sparkle… and some sssdh sounds yummy to me lol… but yeah, US here so it sounds like I’m not a candidate, plus I’m at most only an intermediate grower.

3 Likes

Stoked about this one!!!

7 Likes

My man @Badger diggin up the gold! That’s awesome!

Kev :call_me_hand:t4:

5 Likes

I added it to the list since there seems to be interest. If you want to run an open pollination to make f3’s for the community, please send me a pm.

Edit: I just noticed that it’s still in stock some places. Does that mean the preservation run has to wait? Sorry, I’m still learning how this stuff works.

7 Likes

They’re already at f2 , so they’ve already been been ‘worked’ , plus they’re yours to do as you please - this one ( Darkstar f2’s.) is obviously something we’re all interested in - ultimately it’s your choice … :ok_hand:.
I’d leave them up for someone to make some f3’s. ( jmo.).
Have a good one mate …
Gaz

9 Likes

All I need was the green light for sure. Ethically my feeling was use them to help people, but I wanted to make sure I was following all the rules. I’m not trying to upset anyone here for sure. Thanks Gaz29. It’s on then!

11 Likes

I would say if they are still available to contact the breeder and ask if he minds us doing a preservation. Bodhi gave us a post with his blessings and wishes for how he wanted us to proceed in preservation of his seeds. That was pretty much how we’ve approached it in the past. Everyone sees it different so the best way to be sure is to contact the breeder if possible. At least make an attempt so we all don’t look bad later. Most breeders are flattered and always thankful for the contact.

Maybe get an opinion from LJ or another MOD if you like. They may say different. I’m just a leader, mini mod. I hope we get to do them! peace

8 Likes

They are your seeds and you are free to do what you like. Breeders use strains someone else worked before to breed and then sell it as their own. Yours are F2 so they are different to the F1 already. No need to ask permission.

14 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t catch the f2 thing. Makes sense.

Hey @allotment, I still have your Sunviva tomatoes going in a pot. Actually, the same pot but it’s going into a larger one asap, so I can try and keep them all winter. They have beautiful small orange tomatoes that taste great. I’ve never grown them inside so I’ll study up for tips. They sure seem fine so far. Very sturdy. There are actually 2 plants in the one pot.I doubt I could separate them now so I’ll just give them some room. I’ll get pics soon.

7 Likes