Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

Just starting but I have a Tom Hill Cider Kush x18 seed run that will be free for the taking. Follow along comment and be friendly and seeds will come to you OG told me to Grow Tim Hill Cider Kush x18

19 Likes

I got some of those x18 also. It was pretty awesome of Angus to find and make those available.

7 Likes

I am pulling up a chair brother. Good luck to you.

4 Likes

Yeah man!:boom: looking forward to this run… best of luck

4 Likes

Just got a second tent gifted to me so I’ll have breeding space as soon as I get a light which may be real soon as a friend has to clear out his location so if someone has something they want ran in game. Would rather do indicas as I do not have the patients for a 12-16 wk strain

5 Likes

@Daytripr69

Blowingupjake might still be looking ?

3 Likes

@Daytripr69

love to find someone to run these to make beans to share with all here at OG

my plate is very full for this season

just waiting for them to ship

talk to me my friend and let me know

Dequilo

7 Likes

I’ll look that one up for some details on the strain but I’m game. Let me get everything in place before we commit. My buddy with the pedophile problem will be needing me to take all his gear and if not I’ll be building another rack in the very near future

Edit: fuck I’ll build a rack just for this lol didn’t realize what it was at first lol just got to wait till the swelling in my head goes down from the beating over the joti group buy.

I say a couple weeks and the knots should be gone lol

6 Likes

no hurry when and if you would like and are ready we will work it out

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

11 Likes

Update-

Angus says that he is ok with us donating and sharing seeds made from his genetics. Sounds like a general policy. Communication was a little difficult, but he was totally chill with seed sharing.

The lebanese co-op run is official.
next step, shucking.

27 Likes

When you get a sighn up list feel free to add me to it if I don’t see it right away , I grew some Lebanese autos flowers and really liked the profile would be nice to have in regular phot form.:relieved:

8 Likes

I just wanted to remind everyone that one of our original goals for the co-op was redistribution every 3 years. The idea was that people who signed up would in turn make fgen preservations and donate them back to the co-op to be distributed even wider and to provide fresh seed stock.

I just wanted to encourage everybody to keep this in mind. A lot of the co-op breeders and seed pack donators are busy continuing to work on new projects for the community. We are really relying on people who sign up for these to preserve them again and donate seeds back.

If anyone has already made fgens with co-op stock, please consider donating some back to the co-op. pass on the good vibes.

We have been preserving and sharing seeds for 2 full years now, so it seems like a good time to revisit this goal and make some plans to refresh some of the earlier co-op projects.

26 Likes

With the cool kids becoming freaks in a closed freak circle I think the concept of open co-op seed runs will die sooner or later.

6 Likes

I don’t believe that for a second. I’m a freak and I plan on doing both I’m doing specific landraces for freaks and other discontinued strains for the coops. I also know of other freaks who are doing that.

Also there is only about 20ish freaks at the moment. Yet over 150 people sign up on the coop lists. I would hope more than just us 20 would be doing coops

Edit - maybe I’m incorrect in assuming this. But I sure would hope I’m not. As I feel this is the true point of OG. If side groups do get in the way then I feel that deffinetly could be a problem. I see side groups as a person excepting more responsibility to do more. Not as a trade off.

11 Likes

Getting some room in my garage away from the rest of the girls to build another breeding room. Maybe soon I can be a freak too!!! :smirk:

6 Likes

My only reluctance to fully freakin is due to my lack of space…9 square feet between 2 tents. Will apply to be a freak after expanding…!

7 Likes

It’s not closed by any stretch, anyone who wants to can join the “freak circle”. They just have to agree to the guidelines. Besides, the Freaks aren’t gonna be doing any Mint Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake runs. There are plenty of those strains around, and people want them.

As for the Freaks, the plan has been from the very beginning to give away seeds to OG. On every run, after all the Freaks get a pack, all extra seeds will go to @Sebring to be distributed to OG members through his site. We could do a sign-up sheet if it’d make you feel better. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

19 Likes

No, they can’t, unless they can meet the requirements. Completely different thing than the seed runs where you just sign up. So compared to that, it’s a closed circle.

I have not seen anything like that in the co-op seed runs ever. Must have missed it. Or it’s not what the runs have been about. :thinking:

That’s nice, but again a completely different story than co-op seed runs. And I think those will die. That’s all I said.

6 Likes

Except for Snowhigh strains. The Freaks are dealing with only heirloons and landraces. That leaves plenty of co op material. I myself would be sad if the co op runs stopped. That wasn’t the intension of the Freaks starting. One of the hardest parts about growing landraces has been finding them. I always wanted to put them all in one place, so everyone could find them easier. We’ve just opened a door for people that dont have time or money to track these varieties down. If anything, it’s our hope that this gets more people involved with preservation, not less.

18 Likes

Just to be clear, I’m not saying the Freaks are a bad thing or have bad intentions. I also said on the Freaks thread I like the idea. If I had the option to run 10 plants I’d like to contribute myself. It’s just not possible in the near future.

Still I think it’s likely the co-op will be less attractive. I think I’ve already seen somebody with co-op intentions being asked to join the freaks instead on some thread.

6 Likes