Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

AFAIK we have only asked for creating a new subcategory and not being posted in the seed runs Co-op thread, as they aren’t such …

1 Like

I thought i was on your ignore list already. Go ahead and put me back on it please! :wink:

5 Likes

You still are, but always curious about what you have to say in certain matters, have a great day …

5 Likes

Come on now brothers! :rofl:

16 Likes

Are there any in the co op section? Or are you talking this thread specifically?

Edit: Found the thread this is referring to. And that is perfectly reasonable and necessary. I just put my grow into the indoor section. Don’t know if a subcategory is needed. Could just put it in indoor growing or breeders general.

2 Likes

Yes, there was, that’s why this discussion started … :sunglasses:

Edit: If grow ends in pollination and seed distribution it should have its proper section …

2 Likes

There’s not going to be a sub-category. I already replied to Joe, and told him never mind. The Freaker’s are a part of OG, and we will continue to be. All Freaker’s threads will use the #freakers tag, and will be put somewhere other than Seed Run Co-Ops. Where, is up to the thread starter, just as long as they aren’t in the Co-Op category.

My advice to the Freaks is to just let this go. We’re gonna do our thing the way we’ve intended to do it all along, and OG can judge the results. :v:
:guitar:

22 Likes

Anyone that thinks there is any bit of selfishness in being a Freak is going to be proved wrong and eat their words. I gave over 2,000 seeds away last year by myself. Now I’m with a group of close to 20 like-minded individuals… that should have everybody fired up! Have some Faith fellas!:grin:

25 Likes

Ummm excuse me :grin: …hi :v:t5: who’s trust worthy enough with space rather now then later wanna run these 5 relic c99 f3 for a co op. It’s only 5 so I would imagine females found would be cloned and hit with all males for a op!.. I just want a 100 or so for later searching f4 :v:t5:

12 Likes

Guess I need to go thru the thread and see what all the hub bub is about Bub.

8 Likes

Please do not speak about me without tagging me. There was a lot more to it than the money. I’ll explain.

8 Likes

Yeah the cost of shipping was only part of it. Everyone had already paid for the spring run, so to ask anyone to pay again was guaranteed to get some people up in arms.
Add that to the incredible unlikelyhood that anyone is going to grow the goroka seeds en masse, and I just couldn’t justify it.

That’s why I told people contact me directly. So if anyone actually wanted to grow the seeds rather than just want to own the seeds, they could.

And I did contact Sebring. Because he’s in the states it only cost like $5 to send to him as opposed to $20 for each out of country. I sent him around 3,000 seeds to distribute through his site. There’s a half dozen other people who each got a pack of a thousand seeds, too. One in Cali, one in Michigan, one in Australia.

So the landrace team was just icing on the cake. I know most people on the OG list are still waiting, with varying degrees of patience. I genuinely believe we’ve spread the seeds further than the OG run alone would have gotten them, tho.

Addendum; I completely forgot. My first giveaway on this site was an auction for a line I called Poison Apples. I sold 5 packs and gave away another 5 and never seen a single picture.
Then in my first round of Azad Kashmir giveaways, 26 packs went out. I know of like two people total who ran them.

So the giveaways are great, and they provide a service that I would never want to see go away, but that is absolutely not the best way to get seeds in the ground. The vast majority of seeds in the coops never get germinated, they sit in people’s vaults.

25 Likes

And again. If you bring me up in a conversation I would appreciate tagging me.

8 Likes

I didn’t mention you, so no tagging needed, it’s you the one who has linked yourself with that story …

1 Like

Okay whatever you say George. Have a good day.

3 Likes

Here you can see what I am growing now: Orange Goji, Hibernate, Platinum Pineapple and Banana Kush, only this last one isn’t from OG seed runs … :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Your thoughts on the Hibernate @George?

1 Like

My first thought is that it’s a pity that many people missed it due to the unfortunate events regarding MOTR :disappointed:. I am ending the grow so cannot make any smoke report, but @allotment did and said it it was a good help for his insomnia problems zz|nullxnull. He will sure be more helpful than me regarding this question … beer3|nullxnull

13 Likes

Thats sad so few people grew the Seeds…

Thats why i initially would think Freakers has a Idea to fix that. You can ony get if you give.

Still , there is this Question lingering, will they grow the seeds? I mean one could just doo it , not for the Sake of PReservation, but to just get a Variety of it. Like: you grow 2000 Seeds, but get 20 Seeds of Each 100 Strains.

That is shure kind of cool, has its own Advantages, but does it secure those will be grown?
Its also attractive for “Strain addicted” People… So probably these 90 Percent of rightfully percieved Strains will not be grown. Wich acts as a Preservation IF a “Seedjunkie” makes the effort to send it to the next collector one day. Could happen. Many seedjunkies, and only a hand full of Preservationists that also store the Seeds right, needs an own fridge, how many people are going to buy that?

I have no reason to be Faithless, but just a Theory.
Its a partly good idea i would say.

7 Likes

Most people don’t post grow diaries and some people don’t post pictures. When I am curious about a strain I will go to @Baltimore and do a search; he is a prolific grower.

@Meesh , @lefthandseed, @ShiskaberrySavior are folk that post alot. There are others and the information is greatly appreciated.

14 Likes