Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

keep in mind that this is a thread for strain donators to find volunteer growers for new co-op seed runs.

we don’t want this to become so cluttered that potential volunteers won’t be able to read through the posts to see what strains have been offered.

I think at this point the freakers discussion is just going in circles. I’m not sure this is relevant to co-op strain donations and breeder volunteers.

This thread is meant for people offering discontinued breeders packs to volunteer co-op breeders for seed runs, and discussion about those lines, and people offering to volunteer as breeders. This thread is a working part of the co-op seed run machinery, we need breeder volunteers for more seed runs.

We have the co-op discussion megathread for general co-op questions and discussion, and the co-op logistics thread for questions about rules, procedures, and shipping.

And we have the co-op subcategory so people can post new threads for specific discussions.

7 Likes

I appreciate the detailed response were on the same page but now for the second time someone has made my point with there own words

Thats a shitty prospect

4 Likes

Realistically, the forum experiences a lot of turnover. That’s the shitty prospect.

The co-op is designed to be immune to this problem. When everyone made their suggestions and we all worked together to make the co-op rules, we specifically planned for this.

This is why we have a true co-op structure, with no authority figures. This co-op could keep going for years, even without the involvement of any of the members who created it originally.

6 Likes

I see - this is a bit different

Would be nice to have a certain level needed to show in order to receive these discontinued things. Preventing LPs and other “breeders” from running off with things adding it to their catalog and telling everyone it was a bag seed from 30 years ago.

3 Likes

@zephyr could you post links or names of thread for other two threads regarding the structure/ logistics of co-op interested to know more. not quite there yet but one of these days i plan to have the space to do so regardless if freaks, co ops or just my personal wants!

4 Likes

we do have rules for that.
Our rule is any breeders need to be trust level 2 or higher, but at the end of the day that decision it is up to the donator. The seed pack donator should vet all potential volunteers and proceed carefully to choose a responsible, trustworthy grower who has the necessary skills to complete the seed run.

And personally, I recommend caution.

Most of the co-op rules can be found in the participation thread, and in the boilerplate text copied in each of the seed run sign up posts.

here are the rules for signing up to participate in the seed runs

The rest can be found in the discussion of these threads, along with our entire co-op history,
from our humble beginnings to our humble now.

and here is bodhi’s message to overgrow

edit- @Gonepostal ^ here’s a little index for the co-op threads ^

9 Likes

Ah - I see yet again! I’m all out of likes :frowning:

Maybe it can be a separate trust level all together. Just my .02 - it seems fairly easy to obtain that level (the level 2).

SomeOf the strains I am seeing are at least level 33.

Ah well. It’s time for another spliffy!

One thing I never did in school is read the rules :laughing:

5 Likes

Now that we have the regular emeritus badge for anyone who had achieved trust level 3,
it could make sense to increase the requirement for breeder volunteers to trust level 3 and regular emeritus

we could put it to a vote with a poll in one of the rules threads if enough people wanted to.

I think the idea of the original rule is that seed pack donators would be allowed to decide for themselves if they want to give someone the benefit of the doubt and take a chance on a relatively new member.

6 Likes

thank you ill have to look a little deeper into that! i think that rules a keeper thou. for example im not to the point to where i have the space or have had experience in breeding to feel comfortable enough to be the one to do a run to make seeds to pass out of a rare strain but yet i have reach level 3 but i have seen some level 2 people that i have and continue to build my knowledge off of to get to that point that would be more able to do some them selfs if chose to. plus this site makes it very easy to do a quick inquiry on someone to be able to see if they are or arent trust worthy and able to do so in the donators eyes.

2 Likes

I’m level 2. Passed out tons of seed from partial pollenation projects. Am I qualified to make seed from rare varieties? Yes, I am. But it’s a tough one. It is easy to become level two. But, as long as the person supplying or gifting the seeds is Ok taking a chance, its more repro opportunities for the coop to allow level 2 participants. Of course the seed provider can hold out for a level 3 grower if they want to. I dont like the type that come here just for quick seed. I actually had a nightmare last night and woke up at 3 in the morning for a couple hours getting the feeling that the Landrace team infiltrated our group. I guess you can’t make more seed and pass them out without taking that risk. The alternative is keeping rare genetics to yourself, which is how they became rare in many instances. Double edged sword there. I suppose if a strain was obviously taken and put on someone’s site for a crazy price, we could always flood the market

17 Likes

In the end the trust level here does not mean you can grow. You could be an amazing grower but recently joined or be a bad grower with trust level 3 that has just read a bunch and got many likes posting in what stoners eat threads. I guess my point is your trust level does not dictate your skill level.

14 Likes

Agree, here’s a lousy level 3 grower :sweat_smile:, I think it just means you have been here enough time and people know you, so you will not keep all the seeds or sell them and disappear. I believe reputation and trust is also a requirement, not only your growing skills, nightmares are somehow related to reality and many times they are a warning … beer3|nullxnull

14 Likes

This is very true. I am an incredibly novice grower in comparison to all the great growers I see on here, and I’ve achieved level 3 by just reading a ton.

11 Likes

I beg to differ on that one. I’ve seen your plants and your not a lousy grower.

12 Likes

hi so-il, thanks for offering. a quick web search says the mag landrace is a pakistani landrace cultivated in illinois, it that correct?

would you like me to add your mag landrace strain to our master list in the first post of all the seed packs awaiting volunteers for preservation breeding?

4 Likes

Actually it’s an iranian strain. Indica from the desert region. And absolutely please add it to the list @zephyr l have ten or twelve seeds if that’s enough.

11 Likes

Do you think that’s related to the Iranian Autoflower? Flowering times are pretty similar…nice one to add.

3 Likes

It might be related maybe they used a strain from there same region for the Iranian auto. This strain (mag) is unmolested imo. It still has landrace traits like it tends to herm. I will say I’ve grown it several times from seeds I got from an 8th and my plants never hermed.

5 Likes

Have you tried it Outdoors by chance?

1 Like

Outdoor mine finished mid September outside. It was prolly the 20th

1 Like