Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

A very timely and needed preservation project, this is definitely the best way to counter the hoarding/exclusivity and insane prices we’ve seen recently with Goji mothers as well. I plan on doing my own Goji project(s) in the near future too so I’m really excited to see the direction yours go after you decide who you’re going to have to run them. It would be cool if more Goji projects take off and eventually all swap F2/F3s for a bigger community project of some sort.

17 Likes

I am no @nube but I love that damn goji og and would be willing to do it.

Bodhi is a hero that I’ll never meet. If making f2s of his goji helps people get into his newer projects that would be killer.

Just raising my hand, I’ll let the committee decide.

25 Likes

Nerver say never !!!

4 Likes

I heard he doesn’t make public appearances much and I live about 3000 miles away. But I like your outlook, maybe one day I will. Would be great to tell him how much I like his style. The ability to find a keeper in each pack at such a reasonable price is just icing on the whole thing.

9 Likes

This is something I have been thinking about for a while now. A community crowd sourced F2 project where several members make F2’s and then those F2’s are combined for a very large genetically diverse F2 gene pool. Seems like maybe now is the time to try this out perhaps???

16 Likes

Adding this here. I started a thread to see if we can make this happen. Here is hoping there are other crazy bastards like me out there that want to see this happen lol.

24 Likes

Nature compensates for that by allowing the small number to adapt genetically at a much faster rate, to the reason causing their rapid depopulation.

3 Likes

So they just need to find cookies

3 Likes

Any of those Malana jump out of the plate? These are extremely vigorous.

4 Likes

Mine never popped…so I started two kinds of lebanese

2 Likes

Oddly enough some Lebanese is what won’t pop for me at the moment.

3 Likes

never mind - problem resolved

3 Likes

I like the idea of keeping everyone’s hard work around for as long as possible, it’s essentially my goal with any cultivar… Make more seeds, right?

I apologize and withdraw my offer, I don’t want to offend anyone especially the creator of what I’d like reproduced

7 Likes

Hi @So-ilgrower are you still holding on to those wonderful beans? Can’t believe it’s taken me this long to find this topic/thread; ever since my first dispo pickup of Mag Landrace, I was in love.

I’m new to breeding, but I can’t think of a better strain to break in my new tent with and spread some OG love around. DM me if you’re interested in discussing with a fellow ilgrower. :v:

6 Likes

Strange they didn’t cooperarate, but you aren’t the first person to have no luck with Malana seeds. You would think the castings would help. I guess you were meant to grow Lebanese😁 instead.

6 Likes

@Upstate
I’m sure that is directed at me…i.think you may be right!

2 Likes

Hmm this almost looks like a duplicate of the other thread in the category.

1 Like

I can run those skunks for ya man, I haven’t started my run yet and I can do those justice

6 Likes

very nice of you to offer up.your time and space. @Kushking902 beat you to the punch and had a very very successful repro with over 5,000 seeds made!:grin:. Check out his 1981 RKS thread. I’m sure no one would complain if you ran the next generation for another look at whats in these genetics. I think there’s still plenty of seed floating around.

22 Likes

Hey, @Craigson15 is that romulan still kicking around? What breeder is it from? I’ve got 12 older Romulan reg seeds from Romulan Genetcs I’m doing as a seed run after my Sour Diesel seed Run. Just curious as which ones you have, I know one other person doing a run of them I believe Next Generation romulan, I’d have to double check with him

11 Likes