Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

I added a couple.
@Sebring i dont think it saved if you Added to the list

3 Likes

It shows it on there for me. Iā€™ll check again tomorrow to make sure!
-Thank you for looking out for me. :blush: It wouldnā€™t be the first time I edited and forgot to click save.

5 Likes

Yo yo, I edited the original post to add Santa Maria Planck. If anyone is interested in running them lmk. If not, Iā€™ll drop em in water on 4/20/20

10 Likes

Great offering @DiggySoze. Iā€™ve wanted to try that one for a long time.

3 Likes

Hey bud. Iā€™m running the Rom in January as a preservation run for the source. Same source as yours.

8 Likes

Awesome man. Sounds good.
@MomOnTheRun i know u said dont remove a strain once listed but Im going to assume its ok for me to remove as @cogitech is aready planning a run.

4 Likes

I guess I shoukd have confirmed.
So is it going to be a seed run for OG members or only going back t the source for now?

3 Likes

Hi @MomOnTheRun, I donā€™t know if this counts as a ā€œstrainā€ that needs to be preserved or not, but I have a stash of seeds that came from wild-collected, landrace Papua New Guinea plants. A friend from another forum sent them to me, and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever get around to popping them (sadly) because Iā€™ve had to downsize my gardens, and super long flowering sativas are not ideal for me anymore. I would be happy to donate them to the community if an actual breeder would be interested in preserving these and releasing the genetics to the world. I will say that Luis from Ace Seeds was sent some of these same seeds, so I do know these genetics will end up somewhere, but itā€™s always nice to put eggs in several baskets, right?

Iā€™ll check tonight how many seeds I have and update this post. Also, in addition to pure PNG landrace seeds, I was also sent a few hybrids of these genetics, some of which Iā€™ll be keepingā€¦ But one of those hybrids will be, again, too long of a flowerer. I wonā€™t be able to get around to it. That one is PNG x Tom Hill Haze, and I would offer those up as well.

Let me know if those would be useful. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Much of that depends on how many seeds I can produce. A heavier portion will be going straight back to the source, but my share will be up for grabs. Iā€™d be willing to send the bulk of my share to a Canadian distributor but Iā€™m not interested in making individual packs and cross-border shipping them. I have a guaranteed safe way of doing so, but it is too expensive for massive numbers of shipments.

7 Likes

Sounds like it is a rare strain that would be valuable to our preservation efforts

15 Likes

Well Iā€™d be happy to donate them. Just say the word. Iā€™ll open my stash and count them tonight, then Iā€™ll update in here.

13 Likes

Iā€™m going to be getting my hands on some landrace autoflower seeds tooā€‹:grin: itā€™ll be interesting to grow out. Supposedly 4 meters tall outdoor potential with a much more dense bud structure. If itā€™s legit Iā€™ll definitely want to figure out preserving that :grin: supposedly a ancient strain from early Russian cultivation. I really hope itā€™s truthful to at least a small degree :grimacing:

7 Likes

Yup! The idea is it stays until they are sent to someone to run for the preservation projects or its at the end of the year with no takersā€¦I left my match up there because they havenā€™t actually been sent yet :wink:

@Shadey would you be willing to package them up and send to distributors?

6 Likes

Hmmm thats a weird one. ā€˜Landrace Autosā€™??

Thatd be hemp no?

Either somethings missing here or Im missing something. Arent ALL autos part hemp? As in 0 to very little thc?
Hemp strain is usually used to get autoflowering trait but has to be crossed w thc strain to get thc.

Again, if im missing something then Im always willing to learn. Ive never heard of an ā€˜auto landraceā€™ before.
Thx

6 Likes

I think youā€™re confusing ruderalis and hemp. Ruderalis is also called Russian hemp, so maybe thatā€™s why? But hemp plants are just as photoperiodic as THC strains are, in general.

I was assuming this poster was talking about a ruderalis landrace.

9 Likes

I think @Craigson15 is referring to the fact that ruderalis is considered hemp because it has little to no THC. But thatā€™s just like my opinion man

8 Likes

Me too, until he said

5 Likes

Oh shit. Yeah that canā€™t be right. Hmmm.

4 Likes

It probably smells like skunk, cherry, lemon and apple pie, and itā€™s 36% THC, too. :scream:

8 Likes

Ahhh yes I was confusing ruderalis and hemp.
Hmmmm

5 Likes