Strain Search

Ok guys, first I want to say, I think it would be cool to have a category to help people figure out a strain they might like based on some characteristics they are looking for.

That is the first part of this post and wanted to see what you guys thought about that, maybe we can come up with some fields/characteristics people can fill out to help others provide suggestions?

I know this sort of can be done with Leafly, maybe there is another site as well, but also nothing like getting tips from your fellow peers.

Anyway, here are some things I was thinking of right off the bat that are sort of obvious:

Type: Sativa, Sativa dominant, Hybrid, Indica dominant, Indica

Terpenes (specific or general smell):

Indoor/outdoor:

Thc/cbd:

Grow difficulty:

Yield:

Effect: (see how leafly does it)

Auto/photo:

Resistance (mold etc):

Flower time:

Anything else? I think this could be a whole category of its own for the moderators to think about possibly, let them know what you think if you want… I will try to keep this original post updated with any suggestions…

I also think it’s good to have all these possible descriptors which might make it easier for strain suggestions, but also feel like maybe it’s not necessary for someone to feel like they have to fill all of that out, for example:

I’m looking for a strain that has these qualities:

Sativa or Sativa dominant

Frosty AF

Diesel/gassy smell

Indoor

Fast flower photo (short/small grows)

Mold and mildew resistant (but less important cause I hope to have good parameters)

Other things I don’t mention cause maybe they are less important to me or I’m not 100% certain.

Maybe suggestions could also recommend a seed bank with link if known?

7 Likes