Strainaholics Anonymous meeting

Could not resist from an auction to help a friend

16 Likes

Make some people happy. You’ll never use all them seeds my man!

2 Likes

Bruce Banner X Blue Dream sounds interesting

2 Likes

Okay strainaholics I got something to help stop that itch and save you money, well till the next group buy or drop happens of course.

I was hoping to try to implement something I know as group grow outs, I learned about these in heirloom tomato groups I am part of and feel that we could easily do the same thing.

Here’s how it works,
We get a group of 11 of us, we each grow a strain and do a small pollination on it, we then set aside 15-20 seeds for each person (150 - 200 seeds total won’t take much to aquire so even those with small set ups should be able to participate) (we can collectivly assign a number), we then mail the seeds to a selected individual in the group with a self addressed stamped envelope, they would split each of the 10 packs we sent in (we send the seeds prepackaged so it’s easier on distributor as they only have to deal with packs not seeds) the distributor takes a pack from each and puts them in our self addressed stamped envelope (sase) and mails them back to us.

The idea would be to do with strains that are considered “rare” or are expensive or are one of those “hype strains”. It would be cool if someone did a meph auto. Just not your average easy to access 50 buck packs I’m sure we all know what I mean

The idea is too to do this too aquire a variety of expensive seeds that would be difficult for just one person on their own to aquire. By doing this we buy 1 expensive stain or maybe you already have it and we do the work with 1 and get 10 new ones back

IF YOUR INTERESTED LIKE THIS POST AND I WILL SEND YOU AN INVITE TO THE PRIVATE MESSAGE GROUP

Saying your interested isn’t committing if you just want to drop in and have a look and see what it’s about that’s okay as well.

18 Likes

This sounds like an amazing idea but I don’t know that my grow skills are up to the task. I would hate to mess this up but still wanted to say I love the idea.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be the same to just sign up for the freakers ball ?

6 Likes

Not trying to preserve landraces and this is just small runs of a couple hundred seeds in small spaces of hype strains or expensive strains etc…freaks your committed to 2 landraces per year of open pollination non selection runs of full packs.

8 Likes

OK Im following now .

3 Likes

That sounds money

Can I just donate seeds or help finance instead? I’m not skilled at pollination yet. I’d hate to screw up some expensive buy

3 Likes

Hello all, my name is pawsfodocaws. I am a strainaholic, I came to this site with maybe ten strains in hand and now am close to 200. Loved a plant so much I did a seed run and now have a few thousand beans… I find myself buying or trading beans all the time, will it stop.? Nope.

Stay kind,
Pawsfodocaws

10 Likes

Now that I have a base collection, I can’t stop asking if people would like to trade cuts… but I’m also just offering them up too. but that’s the beauty with cuts. Each one you take off regrows another one or two in another week or two! Your not losing beans, your rehoming a piece that would otherwise be tossed, and possibly getting a new piece in return :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. But mother plants don’t store as easy as seeds.
still relatively small and being cut, all in 4” containers still. There’s just about a dozen in there…

18 Likes

and also preserving it in case you lose the cut - the odds are greater that you can get it back if you share it

10 Likes

My thoughts too :grin:

7 Likes

You might be on to something

1 Like

I’m starting an orphanage for any and all half packs of neglected beans I know with all the cancel culture last weeks hot commodity is this weeks Bastard red headed step child. There is always a shinny new OG of the month or Gelato Scone Keebler Fudge Cookies. Now there is a caring and loving home for all the discarded orphans…

:metal::sunglasses:

15 Likes

Wow opened up the post today friend Sin bud on IG
Was having an auction to help a friend well ordered one thing and the mailbox was on fire today
Look see

Sledge of Siam #9
Tribal African x highland Thai
Golden Jen x Acapulco gold
Silver Tahoe x triple pakikem

22 Likes

Omg! Acapulco gold! If you make more seeds, we can start putting together a “half baked” seed pack of all the strains they had in the vault :rofl:
The vault had:
Yukon gold, waui wowie, northern lights, Thai magic, big bud, Tibetan Buddha, golden Thai, chocolate Thai, skunk weed, Acapulco gold

I have some of those in one form or another lol. MWCB, Northern lights, ancestral skunk, critical mass (new version of big bud).

11 Likes

I have a Big Bud x AK47

4 Likes

Feel like a kid waiting for beans to come in the mail, this snow has mail backed up

4 Likes