Strains and Hybridization Thread

We know that our beautiful plants are mostly forgiving and when worked with well can produce some amazing results.

But

I wanna start hearing from breeders and pollen chuckers alike. I wanna see your crosses and hear the stories you have to tell about going through the processes… your best plants and the worst genetics you’ve ever seen/made…

I don’t do any chucking or in depth breeding at all but I’m psyched to hear about it!

Let’s get it started!!

8 Likes

Nooooooooo wtf whyyyyyy did you do this lol

1 Like

I’m actually being serious though… youbwanna start something… it all begins in the tags right? Honestly it’s exciting to think of some of the funny names people give their plants based on lineage

2 Likes

I’m wanting a puppy monkey baby strain lol things like that… good thread for strain specific plant structure and attributes and such

1 Like

Sly of Bros. Grimm offered me clones of any of their parental stock except Princess. Kept Genius and the MTF clone for my personal use. I used their White Widow mom to create a few great crosses. She was nice but unimpressive on her own, however her offspring were outstanding.

The one cross I made which got a lot of attention and rave reviews was WW x Thai. The Thai came from the Flying Dutchman circa 2000. It also was a remarkably stable cross. 5 test growers reported the same exact results as I got.

Also found Blueberry to be a better parent than a keeper. I got great results crossing Blueberry to Neville’s Haze, C99 and X13 (Apollo 13 x G13).

I’m preparing to create some new crosses using a Durban Punch male and some others using a Purple Haze X Malawi male. Between them they will be crossed to about 10 different strains. I’m anxious to make some sweet pink grapefruit (clone only) x Durban Punch seeds and grow them out

8 Likes

Best cross i ever did was kush x skunk1 x cal orange. I grew that stuff for almost 2 years before i moved on. Must have been 17 or 18 years ago but i really wish i had kept a few of those beans. Serious couch lock gear but sooo nice to smoke. It had a chocolate orange taste and i stupidly thought i could recreate it later if i wanted to.

4 Likes

those all sound salivatingly-good. i’ve been smoking on something that’s supposed to be WW x SensiStar “Tiger Paw”… very nice fast-onset 50/50 effect with staying power, and a limey flavor…like Black Lime without the pepper. Mmm.
:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

awesome, i hit a c99 female with blueberry pollen, hope i get something nice from it :smiley:

I have been looking for a thread like this for ages, I guess I couldn’t find this one easy because it doesn’t have any tags.

I would like to see some ‘homegrown’ results of selective pollen chucks that give the 10-20 dollar hype seeds a run for their money.
And the small growers that selectively seed plants every season/crop over the generations and end up with more of what they were looking for.

3 Likes

10-20$? do you mean 100-200? or higher? i think i saw these for 5 or 600:

woweee.

hearing subcool predict a coming, sharp drop in seed pricing gives me a bit of hope.

:evergreen_tree:

Yea i did it on the mobile version so tags are difficult

1 Like

Flower time range 12-16 weeks+ with some going 20-24 weeks+
Stretch 1 to 4x

wow thats insane. 4x stretch and 24week flower time!!

there will always be the niche markets, berner will always be hyping some garb or another for $1000 a pack, i think its just the culture in california/NYC, everyone wants what the rappers have and want to ‘stunt’ or ‘flex’ or whatever they do

3 Likes

Ok… revival!!!

I’ve been seeing a lot of chucks and such going around so i know y’all got pics!! Lol

Let’s see some of your own crosses and tell us about them

2 Likes

I have a very nice skunk sfv og cross I call stinkberry, I have a thread on it if you wanna see the some pics. Dam been a year sense anybody posted here.

1 Like

A little over two years bumpity bump bump!

3 Likes

I’ll plug an under utilized generic combination that I think has the makings of greatness. For anyone looking to experiment in landrace, Lebanese and Afghan are like sugar and spice. They’re two very complimentary in a lot of ways.

Lebanese is a very short flowering strain, with some phenos being branchy, sativa expressions and more energetic highs. Afghan is usually apical, dense and powerful. Both are hashplants, and so it’s easy to find fast, resinous hybrids. Together they produce great yielding plants and work better indoors. The Lebanese opens up the structure and can help reduce leafiness of the Afghan, while the Afghan bumps the yield and distributes more weight into the branches.

I’ve made a hybrid and it turned out really well. I’m working on a Lebanese line right now that I think will pair well with Afghans. Once I have it sorted out, I’m planning on growing some lines from Afghan selections and landracemafia to go with it.

5 Likes