Strains that smell good EARLY..?

Whats up, OGers :grinning: Alright, so, do you guys have any insight on strains that smell good like nearly right away?

*Case in point for myself; I’m currently growing two HSC All Gas OG’s, they’re in about day 23 flower and while the flowers are developing normally, the plant overall has no trichome production yet, no real discernible odor other than “grassy” ---- which to be fair is expected in a huge majority of cannabis plants barely 3 weeks into flower. …i mean I do realize that a plant can’t truly be judged this early on, as it’s still going thru critical stages of development before it even starts to ripen.

HOWEVER. . … I’ve also grown BobBitchen Chernobyl more than once, and each time by about the same age in flower, these plants are GLISTENING in trichome development and are already smelling like I spilled a lime slushie in the grow tent! It’s AMAZING, actually, how early this strain expresses its qualities! ----- THAT’S what i’m looking for more of. . .stuff that expresses itself early and/or heavily thru flower.

I’d love to hear any strains, or possibly breeders, who are known for such qualities? Thanks in advance, you guys are always a wealth of knowledge which is why I often start here :wink:

6 Likes

Barneys Farms Tropicana Banana friend of mine had a plant outdoor and before it was even in flower had a super citrus smell. It was rank so he aloud me to take a clone of it and when i was airing out the lids on the clone dome thats all I could smell. So I flowered it and its unique if your into citrus / 5 Alive juice terps . But yeah it has over powered all my strains in the smell department. Good example would be I had a quater oz in a bag and also chem fire og a quarter of both in separate bags but then put into another bag with in 10 min the Tropicana tainted the chemfire and made it smell like pure citrus

4 Likes

I found Bodhi’s Soul Mate to be quite pungent, even in veg it had a very definite smell of weed, like no hiding it.
I think the Wookie brings a very deep aroma to it, so it’s noticeable quite early on.

:v:

3 Likes

NEVER FORGET THE WORLD FAMOUS “PURPLE POISON COOKIES #6/f2” FROM OG’S VERY OWN @SamwellBB. You’re welcomed!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed, Frankenstein stinks it up as tiny cutting.

6 Likes

I just had 3 of these herm on me this year but man I wish they didn’t!

1 Like

Ya my buddy must of got lucky he just poped one seed of it

3 Likes

Cap Junky and Scorpion Candy both have loud smells early in flower.

2 Likes

Man good for him, I’ve considered finding more seeds to try again but I got a lot of other things in the bank rn that have to come first.

1 Like

To contribute this was a gush mints clone that I was gifted and in the like 2nd week of flower if it was a hot windy day I’d smell it as soon as I walked out the door

5 Likes

That’s funny, before reading your whole post, my first thought was the slymer s1’s I just ran from bob bitchens

3 Likes

I got a Sour Disel from @DannyTerpintine that’s still in veg outdoors in a 25 gal fabric pot… but regardless of no flower yet you can smell it from 5 feet away!

4 Likes

Mother of Berries fills the tent with berry smells from very early in flower.

4 Likes

BBM and Blueberry are my 2 favs… Nothing better then the smell of warm blueberry muffins coming out of the oven… Truly spectacular .

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll admit, HSC Blueberry Muffin ticks this box, I’ve grown about three total and at least two of them were very fragrant thru flower. I had one outlier that was gassier & took way longer to finish, but the other two were colorful, fairly squat in size and very fragrant. Also finished within 60 days

1 Like

Barneys Farm Mimosa Evo.Smells like a Plane full of ripe blood Oranges crashed into your tent before you even see the first white pistil pop out.Your buried Alive in Citrus terps as soon as you even crack the tent.Real nice stuff with the Clemintine worked into that cross

2 Likes

HSC Blueberry Cupcake x MAC1. and Jr Mint x MAC1. both smell incredible after about 3 weeks. and different. Then. Both of those combined, it’s some wild-crazy monster sativa strain that’s like neither of them. “Jr Mint BBC MAC1” or Jr Mint Cupcake MAC1, as it’s labelled now. Stuff is wild lemon euclyptus.

2 Likes

Papaya 99 from Brothers Grimm smelled a month before I even put it into flour smells so damn good

3 Likes

Bodhi Black Raspberry smells good in veg. In flower it is heavenly. And in the bowl, a dream come true.

4 Likes

Idk if it’s the skunktek sourD or chem91 cut, but something seriously stinks up my incubator since they arrived last month.

2 Likes