Strange problem on leaves

One of the WRxBD is showing a strange phenomenon… leaves curling as a corkscrew…
She seems anyway healthy…
Any thoughts?

Crazy just one plant or all doing this? Seems to be minor bug damage on leaves but my guess would be incorrect ph. Try flushing witch correct ph nutrient solution to see what they do.

Looks like too high of ph imo… what’s the ph of your medium?

Was the leaf leaning against something else …?
Just looks like a leaf with little light/air getting to it ( jmo.)
I don’t think you have anything to worry about, though if you can show pic of full plant that’d be helpful …
Good luck and happy growing ,
Gaz

I also think there is some leaf damage from pests visible…

But about the curling… it could be sign of some problem in root zone… Check out for pests there.

5 Likes

looks like you either have fungus gnats or some sort of munchy, sucky bug trying to drink your plant dry

@LemonadeJoe is right that there appears to be holes in the leaf from something feeding on it. To me they appear to be the type of damage usually caused by mites. Time to put the leaf under a microscope. you shouldn’t need very much magnification though. Look for eggs and the like.

1 Like

leaf is damaged since after a preventive application of FTB. by foliar spray…probably I sprayed too late, lights came on while leaves were still wet in some areas and next day they all were with some discoloration, micro holes… new growth after spraying is undamaged so I’ll exclude pests…
all in hydro , roots still inside the rw cubes so I’ll exclude pests here too…
they all share the same environment… she’s the only one exhibiting the curling…
PS : we are talking about a 10 days old seedling, that is growing fast and well…
Ds

1 Like

@LemonadeJoe is right that there appears to be holes in the leaf from something feeding on it. To me they appear to be the type of damage usually caused by mites. Time to put the leaf under a microscope. you shouldn’t need very much magnification though. Look for eggs and the like.

One time applications are rarely enough when considering their reproductive cycles spray every three days or so to break the Egg>larvae >adult cycles

1 Like

That is what mine did after a spray for mites. I couldn’t find the bugers even under magnification until way to late.

1 Like

Well, if they were mites FTB will take care of it…
Still strange that curling though…
Ds

Pic of the veg common tub they are in

Mites are hard to exterminate, :fire: is about the only sure way to rid of those buggers.
Last time I had them it took about 4 treatments over the course of 3 weeks.
Eggs are unaffected by anything I ever used.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know what I used last time.
A buddy of mine dropped this off and it worked a treat, killed everything except eggs on contact.
He didn’t know either, maybe a trade secrect???

Must be great to know that you could buy something that really works but you don’t know the name of it. :wink: I would get mad…
Personally I’m good with FTB, it’s expensive as gold but works well…
Ds

I personally like using this stuff I believe it’s very similar to Dr Bonnars castle soaps fu*ks up aphids in short order!

I much prefer this product.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/natural-insect-control-lady-bugs/1000722249

2 drops of Rosemary oil per gallon,… when feeding, or watering. It really works! If you look at the ingredients of alot of the pest insecticides out there, Rosemary oil is one of the main ingredients.

1 Like